Brookdale Jensen Beach

1700 NE Indian River Drive, Jensen Beach, FL, 34957

Reviews of Brookdale Jensen Beach

Caring112478450 August 31, 2015

Brookdale is very homey. It’s nicely furnished, the people are terrific, and the meals are good. It’s in a nice location, and it has a pool.

Robert111659250 August 10, 2015

I visited Brookdale Jensen Beach for my parents. We like it. It is up on the hill, and it is right across from the park. We were thinking about that place too. It seemed to be nice, but it was a little bit older, and I didn't really see as much easily accessible outdoor-type activities there. However, the facility was clean, and the staff was nice and pleasant too. I wouldn't hesitate to put my parents there.

Caring110130450 July 06, 2015

I really liked the woman who showed me around Brookdale. She spent lot of time with me, and I got a sense of her caring nature. It was very quiet when I was there. I thought the rooms were smaller. The facility sits up on a hilltop, and you have a view of the ocean. They have physical and occupational therapy right in-house. The building seemed a little older. They have card players that play regularly.

Jeanne28 May 29, 2015

Brookdale Jensen Beach was nice but not quite as nice as the other place. But the people there are very friendly. I love the lady administrator who runs the memory care. She was very nice and took a lot of time with me. Even though the place is not quite as nice, it was actually cheaper and they had specials wherein they give you one month free. It would be a tough decision if I actually brought my parents down here. The rooms were adequate and fine. They have a lot of activities. They have a lot of the same things, like they take people to day trips. They take them to outings to the beach and several different places. They have several different activities that they have listed on a paper they gave me. It seems like they were adequately staffed -- a little better than some other places. They do have extra people whenever they took them out to outings. It wasn't quite as beautiful inside as the other place, but they had some other things that were good. The people over there were friendly and very accommodating, while the lady in charge was very nice.

Julia14 April 07, 2015

I placed my mother in Brookdale Jensen Beach. It is a very nice community. They seem to be very attentive to their clients, and the clients seem well cared for. I see lots of gentleness and smiles. It looks very good. So far, they have been wonderful. My only complaint is that they had five admissions on the same day, so it was a little confusing the first couple of hours.

Caring104291050 March 31, 2015

I was able to visit Emeritus at Jensen Beach and it was a very nice facility. Its location is very good, but their rooms are very small and not furnished. Everything else was very pretty. I met the coordinator and she was very nice.

Anonymous102572250 February 27, 2015

The Emeritus at Jensen Beach was too expensive, and the place was too big. The staff was OK, but I did not care for it. The building was very nice. The food was OK, and the activities were about the same as any other places. I suggest that when we say something, they keep their word on it. She had to be out by a certain time when she was going into the next facility, they told us the amount of time when she had to be out, and then they tried to charge us for it. I did not like the facility.

Marilyn38 February 26, 2015

My father is now in Emeritus at Jensen Beach. The staff is helpful, and the place is nice. They seem to give people enough freedom although the food could be better. Other than that, everything seems to be OK. The room that my father is in has enough room and is spacious. I think they could improve upon the food quality. Just from the talk from people in there, they serve a couple of good meals. Then they use whatever is left from the other ones to kind of mix up stuff. It is kind of cafeteria food. They could do with a little more activities. Now they do a lot of bus trips. They take them out to the store, to the beach, and sometimes to the park. But they don't really have enough physical activities. The layout of the facility and the staff impressed me the most.

Rosemarie9 December 30, 2014

Emeritus at Jensen Beach was a very nice place, clean, and very pretty, and the people there seemed happy enough. The apartment was very nice, bright, and airy, and they serve three meals a day. I don't have anything to say against it. They're also a little cheaper than others. I asked them questions, and they seemed to be right on top of things. They pretty much had everything. I just thought the apartment was a little small, and the kitchen was very small; I would've liked something a little bigger.

Caring95826050 October 22, 2014

I moved to Emeritus in December. It is homey. I have an apartment with a living room, a bedroom, bathroom, and a little foyer with a walk-in closet. It is spacious. The food is good, better than in a hospital. The staff is very nice, accommodating, and very friendly. I’ve gone to play Bingo a couple of times.

Patricia89483150 September 09, 2014

The person that guided me around Emeritus was wonderful. She answered everything, and she took the time to sit down with me and explain everything. I was very impressed, I thought it was a beautiful facility, and I thought that would be a good place to be. The only thing I was worried about was it was high on the hill -- they’re right on the water, and so a lot of wind and storms. If I can afford it, I might want to go there. I remembered they had a happy hour when I walked in on them. The residents seemed happy.

Caring91316750 August 30, 2014

Emeritus at Jensen Beach was very rundown and kind of dirty. It was up on a hill. It was a large old building with great views, but the building itself was very rundown. The apartments inside that I saw were pretty rundown. The kitchen and the bathroom were old. The guest bathroom in the waiting room was dirty and there was a hole on the wall. When I sat down on the couch, there were papers stuffed in it. Also, there was a very long walk from the rooms to where my dad needed to go. The person who was showing me the rooms told me they do that on purpose so that people get exercise. This is supposed to be an assisted living, so I just thought they weren't going to take care of their needs. Their café had pre-packaged food that you might find in a vending machine.

Kathy84079650 August 27, 2014

Emeritus was fine. I liked that it would be close to where we lived. I also liked that they have in-house doctors and nurses. They do everything medically there. They have a pool and also if I were to choose a place, it would probably be this one. The staff keeps in touch with me and e-mails me -- they're going to be working with me financially, too. They offer everything that I'm looking for. I don't have to take her out to go visit the doctor. They come to her. I was very impressed with this one so I didn't really go any further.

Brenda41 July 27, 2014

The location of Emeritus was beautiful, and it was perfect for me. The neighborhood was beautiful. It was more affordable, also. When I walked in they were cleaning the carpet and there was a pervasive odor. I didn’t know where it came from or why they were cleaning the carpet. Maintenance-wise, it was less well kept than the other facilities I visited. The person who gave me the tour was very friendly and helpful and when she showed me the room, I saw that it needs to be redone. The lady who just moved out had apparently been there a long time, and it was a disaster. If they are going to show people a room they should have it ready.

Caring71415450 July 19, 2014

Emeritus was very nice. They were very helpful and very caring. It just didn't work out financially. They were too expensive. The staff was very good. It's assisted living, and you can come and go. There was somebody at the front desk, and they have an Alzheimer's wing but that's lockdown. Everybody we talked to was very nice, very accommodating. They called us back when they were supposed to.

Theresa20 June 26, 2014

Emeritus was very nice, but they're expensive. The people are wonderful. It looked clean to me. The rooms are nice. They had us for lunch. It was good.

Caring86302850 June 19, 2014

My mother moved to Emeritus at Jensen Beach on June 2. She liked the studio apartment because it's large. She is very happy in this facility. She is not yet participating in the activities, but I know that they have different church services, and they also have arts and crafts. They have special cookouts for different events. They have people come in for piano recitals. I have eaten there several times with my mother. I have been very impressed, and the quality of the food is good. Mom has been eating more since she has been there. The dining room is open from 7 am to 7 pm. They don’t have specific times for their meals. They can just go when they want, and that is very good.

Caring83589450 May 10, 2014

Emeritus looked very clean, neat, and very well-maintained. All of the residents I saw were very well cared for. They seem to have a fairly wide variety of activities. It seemed very pleasant and like a more controlled living environment. There's security so that the residents wouldn't wander off. They seem to have sufficient staff.

Caring79968150 March 31, 2014

I liked Emeritus because it was smaller. I liked the location, which was right across the park. I liked that they would take me to St. Andrew's Church on Sundays. I also liked the fact that there was an indoor pool.

Bill41 March 27, 2014

I like Emeritus. I put my father in there, and I am very happy with it. It is clean and well-managed. They have good activities, and the dining area seems sufficient. The people there are excellent and easy to work with.

Edward12 February 24, 2014

A few months ago, we placed my dad at Emeritus at Jensen Beach. We chose this facility because they were able to meet our objective. It's nice and clean. We were able to get a good deal with regards to the room and the care that he would be having. I think the staff is good. They have social activities that he enjoys like bingo, Wii bowling, and he also plays pool. They also play music there. He likes happy hour and attends social gatherings.

Rick14 December 01, 2013

Emeritus was very nice and seemed like it was a very pleasant place. It was very clean and well kept. Their residents were clean and their staff was friendly. They have a room setup that I visited and it was like one that they would show people. It was nicely furnished; however, I didn't see if all the other rooms looked like that. The different programs they have for their residents seemed very nice.

Caring72722850 October 11, 2013

What I like best about Emeritus was the cleanliness of the place. Also this particular place is incredibly close to our house, so that was a big, big plus. I also like the administration there. They seemed to know the names of their residents. The staff was outstanding! They're very friendly and very nice. They were attentive to their residents. They even knew their little habits, which I felt was very good. For activities, they have baby dolls for the women to play with. They also have arts for them. We visited in particular their memory care unit. It was very clean and tidy. It had no smell. The layout was very simple. It only had one hallway, so I can see that people aren't going to get lost or anything like that in this facility. It was very nice. My only complaint was that you wouldn't be able to go outside. If you have to go outside, you would have to have somebody to go with you. There was also no available garden for the residents there, so that's one drawback. However, I would still consider this place for my mother.

Pat33 September 25, 2013

Emeritus was wonderful. The staff was welcoming, professional and reassuring. They answered all of our questions and provided us with great information. They took us on a lovely tour of their facility. They seemed used to working with senior who were making tough decisions in their lives and to move into a facility was a tough decision and the treated it with respect, care and compassion. My mom and I were impressed with Emeritus though their rooms were a little smaller than the one where my mom stayed now.

spikers January 06, 2013

Unless your parent "loved one" is capable of taking care of themselves this community is very hard to discover the method to their madness. Understaffed and take it out on extra questioning residents. The rooms are spacious. The food is salty. My loved one needed too much help even though passed the qualifications to give deposit and live there long enough to figure out social life is not as described. Services were not as depicted in literature. Make sure you read all the small print because the management makes no exceptions. Lovely location for independent seniors.

mcsv0621 October 24, 2012

As a young adult university student, assisted living facilities can be quite different from the norm. I was visiting a close friend's recently moved grandparents when I first encountered this location. His grandfather had recently lost most of his eyesight due to a stroke and his grandmother suffered from Alzheimer's Disease. What I truly appreciated from this facility was their pet policy. The older lady was truly attached to her dog and made her calm and relaxed when having behavioral episodes. During move in, the staff was friendly and helpful. Their view was also very nice. Their living quarters by themselves are spacious enough for two people; lacking space would seriously be shocking to people accustomed to independence their entire lives. My one comment is simply about the atmosphere and tone of the place. While I was visiting in the late afternoon, most of the place was really quiet, lacking liveliness. Perhaps more social activities and overall interaction should be encouraged.

granmapickle June 12, 2012

After having had to make the difficult decision to place my husband in a memory care facility we carefully chose Emeritus at Jensen Beach. The staff and administration were more than helpful and comforting in our difficult time. The facility is spotless and well maintained, the rooms are quite spacious. The rates are reasonable.

truereview May 17, 2012

I have an elderly parent in this facility. Overall the property itself is well maintained and in a fantastic location. Staff is friendly. The dining areas are nice but the food dismal. When senior diets should be limited in sodium this "chef" uses a lot of pre made foods, soups etc which are extremely salty. Limited fresh produce and lack of salad both green and fruit is disappointing. Pool is lovely and overlooks a nice park and river. Unfortunately was closed for more than 5 months while temps in S FL were in the 80s and it is supposedly "heated". Mid May still no water aerobics as advertised. This Facility has Unlimited Potential...hopefully it will improve.

needbetterhealthcare March 07, 2012

I worked as private care for a resident in this home over the summer of 2011 (not an employee of Emeritus). The maids only cleaned half-way, they gave the resident a hard time about bringing meals up to her room when she was sick because they were too lazy to bring it up to her, the nurses were incompetent and did not administer the proper medication at the proper times, the staff was extremely rude to the family of the resident and to me, and the poor woman was only in there for about 5 months before she passed.

From Brookdale Jensen Beach

Our Family is Committed to Yours.®

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #9294