American House Hazel Park Senior Living

777 E. Woodward Heights Boulevard, Hazel Park, MI, 48030

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of American House Hazel Park Senior Living

April 18, 2015

It just so happens that Hazel Park is the one that I pass by quite frequently, and I always kind of liked it. I called them up, they arranged for me to visit, and it was nice. I really liked it, and I think my mom will like it too, but she is in a stage where she doesn't really want to make any changes. The staff was wonderful. They were really nice, well-informed, and they were willing to work with us financially. I found this facility to be the cleanest. The residents seemed to be well-cared for and happy. I am really sorry that we waited long to get here because five years ago, I think my mother probably would have loved to be here. I liked the way it was laid out, and she could have kept a lot of her stuff. The dining room was clean, it was well-appointed, the staff was courteous, and the food was good. It wasn't anything fancy, but it was good plain food, and it was tasty. They had movies, and they had a library, a game room, and a crafts room that I saw. They had a common area where they can watch TV. I saw people just sitting outside, reading, doing puzzles, all the different stuff that you like to do. And, they had good grounds to walk on to. I was really impressed by the fact that it was clean because they even took us to the kitchen, and it was just very clean. You could tell that they took care of it, and they took care of the people. And I liked the way that they were kind of intrusive like when I told them that my mother is funny about strangers, and they said, "Well, we just have a system where we check on everybody twice a day." I loved that too. They go in to see if they needed their bed made up or they come in to make sure they take their medication -- and this might be extra as far as giving them their medication and all that, but it was good to know that it was available.

Thank you for reviewing the American House Hazel Park community so thoroughly! It seems that the tour guide truly showed you and your mom the many benefits of living at American House! There is always an adjustment period moving into a community - I would be more than happy to sit down with you and discuss several ways to ease your moms transition. Please contact me anytime! Chris Vogt (248) 545-0707

February 11, 2015

By Alice36

American House is good, and I have a friend that lives there. The staff is good, but it was way overpriced. It was clean, and the grounds are nice. Her room is nice. The food is not of good variety.

Thank you for leaving your feedback! I think you will find, in searching other communities, that our costs reflect a variety of amenities and services we provide our residents to make sure they are happy and having fun. In addition, the executive chef and nutritionist are always open to menu ideas if your friend has any suggestions.

March 19, 2014

By Mary10129250

We toured American House for my Mom. She actually liked the placed but decided to just stay at her house than pay rent. I like the place very much. The staff was very nice and approachable. They were very accommodating. We got a chance to see one apartment. It looks very nice and clean. It was a bit small but it's already good for one person or maybe two. We toured their dining room during lunch time. We didn't get the chance to eat there but the residents looked like they were enjoying their meal.

I’m happy to hear your mom liked our community! We have chefs to plan and prepare our meals, which our residents enjoy three times a day. If anything changes and your mom decides she’d like to live here, I’d be happy to discuss her options with both of you. Please give me a call directly or stop in to sit down together.

October 23, 2013

By bt640 it's only me

Maybe it's my family who only saw this but to us it was a problem. They knew we were coming, yet there were only enough seats for two people when in their office and they knew my daughter and her husband were also going to be there with us. Then the people in charge wasn't available therefore, they had someone who works in the kitchen take care of us. I had a long list of questions of which many couldn't be answered by this person. I took a list a questions which was given to me via the computer and this girl could barely answer some of the questions. I said right from the start, I wanted to talk to a certain person who worked there who was the asst. director, but no, they put someone in charge who didn't know very much. I left orders for the asst. director to email me about these answers I wanted answers to but, all she is doing is calling. I don't want to answer to the phone, I asked that these questions be answered by email after all the girl did take notes what happened to the notes? I'm sorry but I automatically as well as my daughter have second thoughts and were very disappointed in the way the meeting was handled. My husband and I must not have been important enough to have been taken care of by the person whose in charge and not a "worker."

I'm sorry that our initial meeting was not handled in the best way. I know that the decision to move into a senior living community is an important one, and I appreciate you and your family weighing all the options carefully. Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback - you and your family are most certainly important, and I hope that you decide to call or email me personally so I can directly address your concerns.

Sincerely, Melinda Dejeu, Executive Director 248-545-0707 ahhazelpark@comcast.net

May 13, 2013

By Emma6

The atmosphere at American House was tremendous. I would describe it as being home. Their rooms were very spacious and excellent. They had a nice little living room, a kitchen, and a private bath. There were no shared rooms in this facility but they had staff 24 hours a day on standby to check on the residents every so often. The facility was really beautiful. I just loved everything about it. A young lady took us on a tour. She was so nice, she even baked us an apple pie. The food was very good. If my brother could have it, American House would be the ideal place for him. I would recommend it to anybody.

Thank you so much, emma6, for your glowing review of American House Hazel Park and your recommendation! Youv'e given us one of the best compliments ever: that you'd describe our community as “home.” Feel free to give me a call if you or your brother ever need anything or have any questions.

April 24, 2013

By cyndicj

My mother was a resident there at one time. She was transferred from a rehabilitation center. It was very close to our home. My brothers and I liked the facility and mom did also, however she wanted to be home. The staff there were very caring, supportive and considerate. They have lots of activities and things to do. The facilities were very clean. I would recommend it to anyone who's looking for a community.

Thanks for noticing how great our staff is here, cydicj! I know some of our residents miss their own home, but we try our best to create a great community. Our staff work hard at making sure our residents are well cared-for and busy with plenty of things to do, and I really appreciate your recommendation.

Thank you, Melinda Dejeu Executive Director (248)545-0707

June 29, 2012

By Ann8

I toured American House some time ago. Their dining room is like a restaurant and you can order from their menu. The food looks good and I'm sure it tastes good. They tend to have varieties of food and that there is always something new for the residents to try. It's a very nice facility and affordable for many people. No wonder it has a very long waiting list.

Ann8, Thank you for touring our American House Hazel Park location! Our food selection is something we are proud of (and it does taste good!). Although our residences are affordable, we feel our best assets are our caring staff and numerous amenities "” perhaps that adds to our waiting list as well?! But there isn't always a wait list, and we do have several other locations if you need something immediately, so please don't hesitate to give me a call if there is anything I can do for you!

Thank you! Martha Davis-Schirmacher 248-545-0707

December 02, 2011

By Social Worker # 1

I think the American House in Hazel Park, Michigan is an excellent placement for someone who is looking for a placement for a friend or a family member. It is a beautifully designed facility for anyone who likes to live with people that like to interact and socialize with other seniors in their community. It is beautiful and so very tasteful to the eye with its décor that is so sophisticated. The common areas are also in very nice and beautifully landscaped and, structured and well maintained quiet neighborhood with lots of land, flowers and greenery. The surrounding neighborhood is also very beautifully landscaped, structured and very well maintained also. It is a spectacular, elegant and fabulous facility they offer their residents a varied menu restaurant style. The residents' rooms are nice and clean and they do not smell their rooms are also spacious and on a contemporary style setting. They also offer their residents a variety of services, entertainment, activities, and recreational activities as well. Their management and staff treat their residents like family. They also provide their residents with a team of skilled and trained health care professionals on the premises 24/7. I would rank this facility on a five stars rating for its excellence and expertise. I would also recommend this facility to any and everyone 50 and over because I know that they would like it there and I know that they receive excellent care there also.

Wow! We love that you love it here! Thanks so much for this review!

Photos of American House Hazel Park Senior Living

Features of American House Hazel Park Senior Living

About American House Hazel Park Senior Living

A bright, lovely enclave nestled in a classic Oakland County neighborhood, American House Hazel Park is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Royal Oak, Ferndale, Huntington Woods, Berkley, and Madison Heights, as well as hospitals including Royal Oak Beaumont, St. John Oakland, and Botsford Hospital. Hazel Park Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Our apartment homes include spacious 1 and 2 bedroom floor plans, each with a living room, complete kitchen, private bath and french doors to a patio or balcony. We also have freestanding 2 bedroom, 2 bath cottages.

Property amenities at Hazel park include our dining room, theater, game and craft rooms, library and much more. Our Activity Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips. Resident Services include scheduled transportation. Laundry and housekeeping services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.

Reimbursement

• Private Bathrooms

Resident Services

• Restaurant Style Dining Available for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
  • Housekeeping Services Available
  • Activity Director with a wide range of cultural, social, and recreational activities and trips
  • 24-hour staffing