Dignity Senior Living at Oceanside

53-594 Kamehameha Highway, Hauula, HI, 96717

Reviews of Dignity Senior Living at Oceanside

October 27, 2015

I visited Oceanside Hawaii. I like the price. They're cheaper. However, I'm not really impressed somehow. The residents' faces were very dull. Their face was not really happy. The facility was OK. Their rooms were fine. However, I won't recommend this to those who have higher expectations. Also the building inside was stuffy.

At Oceanside Hawaii Assisted Living and Memory Care we provide care to a varied group of residents. The range of service go from independent supervision to complete care, with some residents being quite medically fragile. The open air environment of the first floor lobby, cafe, game room, and dining room allow each resident to enjoy the clean Hawaii country air. The ability to provide a supreme level services at an affordable cost is conducive to our desire to actively contribute to the well-being of the community we provide services in.

September 07, 2015

By Caring112712050

I visited Oceanside Hawaii. The minute I walked in the door, you could smell the odor, and I didn't like that. I wouldn't want to live there because of that. I was visiting a friend. She used to be a nurse and she seems to like the place quite a bit, but it wasn't as nice as the other facility. The staff though was wonderful. The room was not fancy. It was very simple. The dining room was very plain and small, but the food was alright. The food wasn't anything special, but it was good for lunch.

August 16, 2015

I visited Oceanside. It was good.

July 31, 2015

By Olaf

Oceanside was a very nice upscale place. They were very friendly and very helpful. I talked to one of the guys over there, and he's helping me push the paperwork through. I picked the place because of the location. It's out in the country, and it was very beautiful. There were a few bedroom units, and there's only one person in each room -- nobody's sharing a room. They have a community living room for the two units, and the place was very private.

June 07, 2015

By Cheryl108096350

What I did not like about Oceanside Hawaii was that they could not show us where the people with dementia end up. They have the Alzheimer's and dementia people in a certain area which they had locked up, so we could not see it. I also think the place is too expensive. Other than that, it was a beautiful place.

January 17, 2015

By anonymous100410550

Everything is great over at the Oceanside Hawaii. My dad is in there, and we appreciate all their help. The staff is very helpful. They have a really good activity schedule. They have bus rides, and they go to different parts of the island. They may also have trips to Walmart. He likes it.

May 29, 2013

By VernaAndSon

My mom was extremely happy with Oceanside Hawaii. We did a walkthrough on the facility and I was very impressed. When I first started looking for places in Hawaii, I was concerned that it was not going to be good considering there were a lot of facilities that will just decline us because we don't have a lot of money. But it turned out that the facility was affordable.

December 28, 2012

By caring12211

My mom is doing well at Oceanside Hawaii. It is very well kept and an attractive place. The staff is great. They're really doing a good job and the residents seem happy. They do lots of activities.

Photos of Dignity Senior Living at Oceanside

Features of Dignity Senior Living at Oceanside

• Minimum Memory Cost: $6595/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: Al Is Rent+Care/Mc Is All Inclusive

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Overall:

• State Licenses: OHCA#17

About Dignity Senior Living at Oceanside

At Oceanside Hawaii, assisted living is about more than providing assistance: it’s about empowering older adults to remain independent and connected.

With the support of a trained, 24-hour staff, Oceanside Hawaii’s assisted living residents enjoy an active lifestyle with the freedom to spend time as they please, all while benefiting from a broad array of services and amenities that include:

• Chef-prepared meals with table service in on-site dining venues
  • Scheduled transportation for local events, errands and appointments
  • A social calendar with daily opportunities for learning, creativity, fitness and fun
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen services
  • Cooperation with outside healthcare providers
  • Private apartments with personal alert systems in case of emergencies

Oceanside Hawaii’s Memory Care provides a safe, secure environment and excellent care, while encouraging residents to be physically active and participate in decisions of their daily lives. Our specially trained caregivers focus on residents’ individual strengths, celebrate their successes and find ways to help them continue to feel like themselves.

Here’s what makes Oceanside Hawaii’s memory care unique:

• Our welcoming, vibrant environment features comfortable amenities and secure outdoor spaces
  • Our Engage Life events program uses a whole-person approach to offer abundant opportunities tailored to personal interests
  • Our Culinary Excellence program provides fresh menu selections and encourages residents to dine family-style with their neighbors
  • Our Quality Enhancement program requires at least one unannounced review of the community each year, based on standards that often exceed state requirements
  • Our caring staff receives extensive, specialized training in dementia care – including a stringent orientation program and at least 25 hours of mandatory additional training each

Our intimate, structured setting allows specially trained staff to provide more personalized care and attention.

Map of Dignity Senior Living at Oceanside