Brookdale Mt. Hood

25200 South East Stark Street, Gresham, OR, 97030

Reviews of Brookdale Mt. Hood

Caring109527450 August 21, 2015

We toured Brookdale Mt. Hood. It had an outside smoking area, and we needed an inside smoking area. The individual rooms were fine. The staff seemed friendly. I would recommend them, and I liked them. We talked to some of the residents; they seemed happy there.

Anonymous105699650 April 22, 2015

When we entered the Brookdale facility, everybody was crowded into what looked like a little open town area where it had little coffee shops and stuff, but they were sitting there watching a TV show. The place was very nice and very clean. They had separate little individual apartments. The thing that we did not like about it was the fact that they had one shower and one bathtub area that they use for all the residents. If somebody wanted to take a shower late in the afternoon, they could not because they have them scheduled at certain times a day which I understand because they have to do everything.

We apologize that your tour of Brookdale Mt. Hood did not meet all of your expectations. Please be assured our staff is continuously committed to providing the highest-quality service and care for each resident and we will share your feedback with our management team.

Pat103171050 January 18, 2015

I was looking for places in Gresham, and the only number they had was a service that provided different facilities. Brookdale Mt. Hood is very good, and the facility is very clean. The people were extremely nice. If I was going to put my mother somewhere, that would be the facility I would use.

A-1 resident December 20, 2014

I have lived here for two years and find it very enjoyable. At first I needed caregiver and med aide help and they were always very helpful, caring and friendly. I'm now much better and find that the location is perfect to bus lines and I have the freedom to come and go but the assistance of meals, housecleaning and laundry service. It's a perfect situation for me. All of the staff are dedicated,caring and friendly.

Caring74375150 November 27, 2013

We placed mom at Wynwood of Mt. Hood which had assisted living and memory care if ever it became necessary. It was close to her home. We liked her room; it was as one bedroom. The staff is excellent; very helpful, and every interactive. The other residents were very friendly. The surroundings were very clean and very accessible. I like the facility a lot. She was only there for 10 days and she was very resistant to going. She did not really participate with the activities.

Danica September 26, 2013

My mom is at Wynwood at Mt. Hood. The staff there are very friendly and made her feel at home. My mom gets along with the other residents very well. The place was just right for her. It was very clean and well kept, but not terribly expensive. At the same time the place is not too fancy. It felt very much like home for her.

Binneybob August 10, 2013

if your looking for kind and compassionate care this is NOT the place to take your family or friend. The caregivers are overworked and make it obvious they don't like their job. Yelling at the elderly like they're two years old. Treating them with disrespect and no compassion what so ever. Very few activities and unless your depend and can get outside on your own. Don't ask to be taken outside on a nice day because they are too busy. This community has a great sales pitch but the care is awful. It's very sad to see your loved one treated so poorly and the others who are there that have no one to advocate for them. I highly recommend you avoid this community.

SRAdvisor March 06, 2013

I have visited my elderly aunt on several occasions. The facility looks nice, but the care that my aunt has been receiving has not been adequate. Her laundry is not kept up and she has not received an evaluation from the nurse and we have requested this on many occasions. It is sad to say that they just don't seem to care for their elderly. I would not recommend this facility.

littleboyzmum December 27, 2011

I don't know how the above person recwived a care assessment- we have been trying to do that for months. When we ask for one, instead of doing it with family present, they just sit down and ask the resident a few questions, then develop the care plan- often with twice as much "needed care" as there should be...afterall, they get paid more if they say they need to do more. Watch out if your resident smokes- they will charge for taking them out and sitting there with them- but they never stay out there! C has gotten charged for a list of things they provided him each month- and it's never true! J gets charged for stuff they have NEVER done for her! L*** is getting charged late fees when they take her payment directly out of her account. This is not someplace I would send your family to unless they were desperate.

From Brookdale Mt. Hood

Brookdale Mt. Hood provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Mt. Hood