Azalea Estates of Gonzales

2305 South Purpera Avenue, Gonzales, LA, 70737

Reviews of Azalea Estates of Gonzales

MBobb September 23, 2015

My mother has been a resident of Azalea Estates in Gonzales for almost exactly a year. She LOVES it there, and considers it her home. I was able to help my sister pick out this facility when I was visiting Louisiana last October (2014). I met the staff and was very impressed. In February 2015, I was able to visit Louisiana again, and I got to spend a couple of weeks seeing my mother almost every day. Again, I was super impressed with all the staff. The place is clean, neat, and very hospitable. There are always activities for mom. She has made several good friends there, and actually has a "best" friend. They are inseparable. This facility has been a godsend to our family. I highly recommend them to anyone.

Jenny Roberts September 22, 2015

My Grandma moved to Azalea last year. She has Alzheimer's and I know she is really taken care of there and is actually happy. There are SO many activities they offer there and the staff there are superb. My Grandma always tells me the food is wonderful there and she feels safe and happy there. she has never once complained to me, and I call her once every 4-5 days. In fact, she usually is busy with a friend or doing something fun there when I call. I've even experienced a nurse being in the room when I call. That's great to know she is always being checked on. It is such a relief to know that being far away, I know that she is taken care of, has made friends, and has lots to do and the staff really care. I'm a CNA and have had experienced horrible places, and I can tell you that Azalea is the exact opposite. I would highly recommend Azalea Estates for anyone who is looking for care for their loved one. I even follow them on Facebook and frequently see pictures of my Grandma having a great time Wii bowling, dancing, dressed up at parties, and luncheons, etc. HOW GREAT!!!!!!!!

Sherri Frey Simpson September 19, 2015

My mother moved there Feb 2015 and from the first day there, she has loved it. She said the staff are like family. They are very nice and caring to all the residents. The food is delicious. The activities are all fun and she looks forward to them.
It was the best decision that my brother and I could have ever made to place mom there. It is safe, clean and very Christian based. The staff live this mission and you can feel the genuine love for what they do, the minute you walk into Azalea.

Caring112358150 August 31, 2015

I am very happy with Azalea Estates of Gonzales for my mom. The staff, place, and the people are all wonderful. When I walked through the door and saw the community, I knew that this would be the place that my mom would be happy. Her room was very spacious. I got her a room that has a separate living room and bedroom area, and she is very happy with it. The residents seemed to get all involved with activities, and they seemed to have a good time. They have people come in and entertain the residents. They have a very nice and comfortable atmosphere. The food is wonderful. It's all served restaurant style where they serve everything individually. It's almost like an elegant restaurant. There's nothing that I don’t like about it.

Steve45 December 09, 2014

I went to one facility here in Gonzales, and it was nice. It turns out I knew the lady that was running Azalea Estates. This was the one that I didn’t care for in regard that it was $2600 bucks a month -- which wouldn’t be all that bad --but everything else is ala carte. It felt like the $2600 gets yourself in the door, and if you want a bath that’s extra. I wasn’t too impressed with all that. This can run up a pretty high bill.

The lady in-charge's name is Lowena. We went to visit and check it out, and as it turns out, I knew her husband who was in the National Guard. We had a nice visit and nice chat. Their units start out something in the neighborhood about $2600, and then all these other little charges that will occur based on what you have done. It’s a very nice facility, it's very clean, and it didn’t have smell of Lysol. The facility was very nice, and the people were very nice. The residents of course would change, but the ones that were there were very nice.

Safta November 13, 2014

My mother lives at Azelea Estates; it is a fantastic, caring, homelike facility. Each resident is known by name. There are so many activities to keep the residents entertained and busy. My mom loves to read and says she has no time to read, she's so busy :) The staff is friendly and energetic. The rooms are cleaned and laundry washed weekly. Three meals a day! What more could I ask for? Perhaps to move in? :) I love Azelea!

reedeejen November 13, 2014

Azalea Estates in Gonzales truly is a caring facility. Azalea has the best interest of the residents at heart. Their decision processes are made for each persons needs whether physical, emotional, religious and educational and welfare. The staff at Azalea working together are hands on , compassionate and patient care givers. They strive to give each resident personal individual attention to encourage a resident's growth in self esteem, self worth to become a part of the assisted living community. Self esteem , self respect is extended to the residents. Residents respond by respecting themselves and each other creating a harmonious atmosphere for living together.
Extending a well rounded balance of resident participation , dining out, attending social and civic affairs, church and religious activities are part of caring thoughtfully and carefully for the residents entertainment and spiritual welfare. The staff responsibly and actively coordinates all activities.

Azalea Estates Gonzales truly is a caring facility in words and action.

Tari Allen November 13, 2014

My father and I toured Azalea Estates of Gonzales and immediately fell in love with the place and the staff. My dad has been there for five months and is very happy and active. We have found a place where he can have his independence and receive assistance when he needs it. The staff is very knowledgable and helpful in dealing with the everyday issues of their residents. It is amazing how much help they have been to both my father and myself. The care given to each resident is excellent and given through a heart of love. Each resident is treated with the love and respect they deserve. Azalea Estates of Gonzales has truly been a blessing in our lives!

Vickie5 June 19, 2014

I have my parents on a waiting list at Azalea Estates. We chose it because it is not far from our home. I know other friends and relatives that use the facility, and they are very pleased with it. The grounds are very well groomed, and it looks like a country atmosphere. It is in the rural area, and it very peaceful and quiet. Everything is well kept, and that means a lot because it feels like home. The staff is very helpful. They are very educated in what they do, and I am very pleased with that, too. The dining room is fine and nice. They seem to run a tight ship there, and it seems to be appealing. It is clean, neat, and organized. The apartments are excellent. We checked the one-bed apartment, and it was nice. The main thing that impressed me was that everything was clean. They look like they have a lot of activities for the people there. I can't specifically name them, but I remember them doing things when we were there.

Caring78051250 February 24, 2014

I like Azalea Estates of Gonzales when I was looking for a facility for my brother. The staff that assisted me was very good. Their rooms are very nice and it would have been very accommodating for my brother's needs. They would have been able to offer my brother some physical therapy with his legs because he definitely needs that. They also have some types of mental stimulation activities.

Bourque June 10, 2013

My mom has been a resident for over five years and we are very pleased with the facility, the people and the whole experience. Thank God for Azelea Estates.

friendlyhelper03 December 04, 2012

My experience with touring Azalea Estates of Gonzales was very pleasant. It was very welcoming in my opinion. The staff that we interacted with there was very friendly and helpful. They were always ready to answer any question we had as well as address any concerns we may have had. The apartments were a reasonable size and didn't seem to me to be too small or crowded. They provide a safe, stable, helpful, active place for your loved ones. I really like that each month they have different activities for the residents to do. It seemed to me that they gave them lots of choices of activities they could do throughout each day. Another thing that I thought was great was the fact that during the week they do provide their members with what they call courtesy transportation to help them get to and from doctor's appointments. I think that anyone that is looking for as assisted living/retirement home in the Gonzales area, should definitely look at Azalea Estates of Gonzales.

murmanx15 July 31, 2012

Hello. The fun and caring employees at The Azalea Estates retirement/assisted living community in Gonzales, LA makes living for those in need of assistance a true blessing. My mother-in-law loves her apartment, her assistant companions, and the other residents. The facility is always clean and there are always daily activities & special events to attent as well as church services. Security living, delicious meals (either in the large dining room or occasionally out to a restaurant), exercise classes daily, crafts, games to play, library, maid service, beauty salon,....etc. and much love and smiles for the residents and family members when we visit often. Just a beautiful & well kept community for which we are so happy to have found for my mother-in-law. She loves living at the Azalea Estates!

From Azalea Estates of Gonzales

Azalea Estates is Gonzales's finest Assisted Living and Retirement Community situated on 5 acres located on S. Purpera Avenue just off of Hwy 30 and I-10. We have 60 private suites with a choice from studios to 1 bedroom or 1 bedroom deluxe.

Providing the care and services that helps seniors stay active and independent in a homelike, residential settings the mission Azalea Estates is dedicated to. In partnership with family and loved ones, we are committed to promoting the freedom of choice, protecting the privacy, ensuring the dignity, and providing for the safety for each of our residents. Most importantly, this overall philosophy of caring is whole-personal oriented, taking into consideration all physical, mental, social, and spiritual needs

• Situated on 5 landscaped acres
  • Assistance with activities of daily living as needed
  • Structured on one level - no elevators or stairs
  • Utilities (excluding telephone) and basic cable included in monthly rent
  • No long-term financial obligation
  • Small pets welcome
  • Daily exercise classes
  • Private and secure medication monitoring system
  • 3 full meals offered daily with menu selections, served restaurant-style
  • Designated area for private dining/parties; in-house catering available
  • Easy and safe access showers with grab bars
  • Courtesy transportation Monday - Friday for local doctors visits
  • Private suites with a choice of 3 floor plans; all with private bath, kitchen/kitchenette, thermostat, and closet space.
  • Screened porch for gathering and relaxation
  • Library with cds, tapes and large print books
  • State-of-the-art emergency response system with dual access, emergency response system: pull cord and personal pendant

Azalea Estates of Gonzales was designed, developed and is still owned and managed by the original owners with over 75 years of combined senior living experience. Azalea Estates was built with their own families and friends in mind. No other senior community can compare to the lifestyle, features, amenities and outstanding value that Azalea Estates offers each resident. We invite you to come and experience our Community.

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Azalea Estates of Gonzales

• Diabetic
  • Kosher
  • Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Renal
  • Vegetarian

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• State License(s): 11644