Fairwinds - Woodward Park

9525 N. Ft. Washington Rd., Fresno, CA, 93730

Reviews of Fairwinds - Woodward Park

October 19, 2015

By Pam114330150

I visited Woodward Park. The personnel were very knowledgeable about their property and the services that they provide. They were very patient and were open to answer questions. They were very accommodating.

August 13, 2015

By M and m

AT first glance,this is a fine facility. After two months here,I know better. Several promises in brochures are not fulfilled. The food served is very inconsistent, from fair to awful. Portions can be from a 3 1/2 ounces of stuffed peppers to four ounces of poor quality pressed turkey. Soup and hot foods are luke warm, at best. Meal are very unbalanced, with mostly carbohydrates. Servers are pleasant and helpful, but show little signs of experience or training. A revolving door policy in hiring is obvious. Resident turnover is high,and would probably be higher, except for the cost and inconvenience of moving.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. With 250 residents to please, we are proud of our restaurant approval rating. Given the number of residents who have specific dietary needs, our Chef does a terrific job rotating our extensive menu in addition to offering daily lunch and dinner specials. We also offer a multitude of any side options, giving more flexibility to each meal, and substitutions are always available.Our staff of 30+ servers do seem to rotate as their school schedules change. Unfortunately, many of our employees have other career goals and will leave after High School & college graduations. As for Resident turnover, I regret that that is the nature of Senior housing. Residents will leave when a higher level of care is necessary. We encourage your continued involvement on our food committee and your participation in Resident activities. Should you have specific ideas for improvement, both Chef’s and my office door is always open.

July 31, 2015

We visited Fairwinds. Everyone was very friendly there. It was very energetic. The clients were friendly. The chef, though, was not very friendly. We were invited to lunch, but I did not bring any food that I could eat. I requested the chef to scrub the grill that he was going to cook the hamburger on to make me a burger wrap, but he was not too happy about doing that. For me, Fairwinds would not be very high on my list. Another thing that I didn't like about this facility was that they have specific days where they would take you to doctor's visits and specific days where they would take you out shopping, and you have to meet their schedule. Sometimes, when you have to go see the doctor, some of them don't work Monday through Friday.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. You are correct, we have an energetic and lively community. Our staff is amazing and very accommodating. I am glad to hear that our Executive Chef, George Hioco, took the time to personally cook your meal during your visit. He took the time to explain that we bake our cakes and desserts from scratch which makes us unable to meet the need for a “Gluten Free” kitchen, which you had requested. As far as our transportation, yes we provide free trips to the doctors and shopping on specific days. In addition to our two buses, we have our town car that is available to our residents, for a minimal fee. Thank you again for your review.

January 26, 2015

By Judith36

My mom is currently at Fairwinds and she seems quite happy than she has been there. When she first moved in, it seemed like their dining is a restaurant type dining. They have a menu that they give you, you choose a really wide variety of menu, and they even have a snack bar and that sort of thing. They have people coming in, music, and the location of it was important for my mother. It was very safe with her moving into Fairwinds.

I know she has had some trouble with the service staff in cleaning her room. They have a new management; the gal who has taken over managed a large hotel, but she has never managed people in senior living, and she felt that was impacting the quality of life there. They’re very professional. She did have to go to the hospital at one point. She fell down in her apartment, and I have somebody calling me from the front desk telling me that she had been taken out, but she was OK. I asked if they call me back if she returned or if she just stayed in the hospital.

November 29, 2014

One of our biggest deals with Fairwinds is that if you move from independent to assisted living, you don’t need to change rooms. The guy that runs the place is very personable, and it felt good. We are considering this facility for our mom.

December 30, 2013

My father-in-law is at an assisted care facility called Fairwinds and there are a lot of social activities. They have a gym with a trainer and they have a lot of music in there. The physical side of the facility is very nice. They have more of a restaurant-type of atmosphere. They do say the facility is assisted living, but I think it's more suited for independent type people.

December 13, 2012

By vomacka8

Other

Nice facility

July 25, 2012

By Daughter15

The staff and facilities at Fairwinds are exceptional. The staff are well-screened and well trained. They are attentive to the residents and know many of them by name. The facilities are clean and up to date. The facility makes sure that the residents have many opportunities for social stimulation. Overall, it is a happy place.

Photos of Fairwinds - Woodward Park

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 8

• Licenses: RCFE
  • State Licenses: 107201156

About Fairwinds - Woodward Park

Fairwinds - Woodward Park, newly remodeled and situated in the Woodward Park area of Fresno, offers luxurious apartment homes in a fun and active retirement community. We are very proud to be managed by Leisure Care, who, for over 30 years, has led the industry in the development and management of elegant retirement communities that are all about Five-Star Fun. At Fairwinds - Woodward Park we have set colossal standards for quality and choice in guest services, amenities, resort-style living, and in all things "fun."

Live at Fairwinds - Woodward Park and enjoy your own private apartment home. Meet new friends and entertain family in the beautiful restaurant, where all meals are prepared for you by our very own chef. Then there's the programs! Sign up for an art class. Start a new fitness program. Or book that travel excursion you've always wanted to. You will be amazed by how many fun social and recreational activities there are just waiting for you. Whether you want to spend an afternoon in the library with a good book, swim laps in the pool, enjoy a night on the town with your sweetie, or want to socialize with friends, Fairwinds - Woodward Park has it all. Do what you want, whenever you want to.

Imagine the peace of mind knowing that our highly-trained staff is available 24 hours a day to answer any questions you may have and that every apartment is equipped with an emergency communication system. And if you need some assistance, whether a little or a lot, our Assisted Living services are available and can be started at any time.

Quite simply, at Fairwinds - Woodward Park, it's your life, on your terms. We help make it all possible. Come join us for Five-Star Fun.

Our community boasts our "Rendesvous" Bistro in the central lobby which is yet another common area for the residents to gather for a specialty coffee, fruit smoothie, or a glass of wine or beer. Also, our chef here specializes in "resort-style" dining as

Map of Fairwinds - Woodward Park