Independence Village of Frankenmuth

255 Mayer Road, Frankenmuth, MI, 48734

Reviews of Independence Village of Frankenmuth

Caring102085150 November 22, 2014

We were able to visit Independence Village of Frankenmuth, and the visit went fine. We saw the rooms, and it was clean and spacious. Their dining area is very lovely, and the food was good.

Rabert May 31, 2014

Independence Village was very clean, and one part of the village is assisted living. The rooms have little kitchens with no stove or anything. The room is carpeted and has a handicapped bathroom. The staff was very nice. The food is good. We’ve been there for an overnight stay, and the residents dressed well, and they were all clean and friendly. They were well taken cared of.

Wendy19 January 30, 2014

I'm moving to Independence Village of Frankenmuth a week from now. I looked at the internet and I found the facility. It's halfway between the places of my brother and my sister, so that would be perfect. I like the people in this facility. I think they are so pleasant and so nice. They have a shuttle that takes the residents to places they want to go. They also have all kinds of things going on. The food is really great because they have a chef. It's marvelous and they are really open to suggestions. I think it's the people that really attracted me because they were so nice.

Grateful Grand Daughter October 12, 2012

I really enjoyed visiting my grandfather here. The place is very comfortable feeling and looks very clean at all times. The staff was very nice and quick to help if needed. The staff was very kind and courteous when tending to his grooming and hygiene needs. They took their time with him and showed him more patience than I expected them too when it came time for his meals. The interactions that the staff gave to my grandfather was not only necessary and vital to his rehabilitation, but made me feel comfortable leaving his side, as I work more than full time hours and could not be with him entirely. There was one lady staff member that took such a liking to my grandfather, that I believe the extra human compassion should him from her, was the push that he needed to take part in his own recovery. Full of gratitude for this place and it's staff members.

WSU0912 June 15, 2012

The staff were nice people, but didn't keep track of some of the residents who had psychological disorders. I understand that people like to get up and walk around, that's fine, but sometimes things can get taken too far. My father had a fellow resident crawl in to his bed a couple nights. The staff, however nice, acted like it was completely normal, almost like my dad should get used to it. He also brought items that weren't returned to him when he left. The rooms were dirty, and I don't think that they had the proper means of assisting my father had he needed something serious. That being said, I'm sure some people will imply that this is only an assisted living facility and not a hospital, but the distance to an emergency room isn't a short one. Given the time it would take for an ambulance to get transfer them in the event of an emergency, I feel that there should have been a few more precautions taken.

We are sorry to hear that you felt your experience was less than excellent. I can assure you that this is not the normal service we aspire to provide at Independence Village of Frankenmuth. We strive to provide our guests and residents with superior services and amenities. If we can be of any assistance in clearing up any concerns you may have please feel free to contact us.

nunz7777 May 09, 2012

My mother has only resided at Independence Village for three weeks. In the short time she has been there I have found it to be a very pleasant facility. The staff is very cordial and helpful. She needs assistance because she has had her left leg removed above her knee. She has had prompt help whenever she needs help using the restroom or other needs. The food at this facility has been very acceptable and seems to be quite nutritious. My mother can be quite picky at times regarding her food, and she has had very little complaints. The only thing that prevents me from giving a 5 star rating, would be the fact the facility is quite old. However because it is well maintained and clean, this is not a real concern.

From Independence Village of Frankenmuth

Independence Village of Frankenmuth isn’t just located in the heart of one of Michigan’s top attractions; it’s an integral part of it. Just as the bustling city of Frankenmuth overflows with a spirit of warmth, exuberance and hospitality so do we.

Nestled in a beautifully landscaped campus, Independence Village of Frankenmuth is home to a rich and storied community, elegant yet affordable apartments, an endless array of services and amenities and a caring, expert and cheerful staff.

Features of Independence Village of Frankenmuth

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee

• Minimum age: None