Atria Encinitas

Overview of Ratings

3.9

October 31, 2014

By cerna homecare

Presently, my husband is at Atria and I am happy for the time being. It is very nice and lovely. I appreciate it. They care for him, and it is a month-to-month basis. I like it. It is clean, and they are doing a wonderful job. They have very good food. It is not gourmet, but it is healthy and nutritious. I can only say good things about them.

February 26, 2014

Atria was too much like a nursing home, very controlled environment. The studios were studios, they were a fair size. They were nice. There were two buildings there. I visited the one on the corner. I was told that what I was looking for would be in the other building that if I went to the other building, I’d lose something that I like in that building. They had it divided into attributes but if you need the attributes together, they had separated them. I wanted a kitchen and a balcony. I could get a kitchen in the other side but I couldn’t get the balcony in the other side. They said all their rooms in this building have balconies. I know I wanted the kitchenette and I know I wanted the balconies but I couldn’t get it all in one building.

Thank you for providing feedback on your visit to our community. I am sorry that we could not accommodate your preferences at Atria Encinitas. If you would like information about some of our other communities in the area or we can be of further help to you, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com including "Atria Encinitas" in your subject line.

February 13, 2014

By George49

Atria offered the most and the staff was wonderful. Everybody is there just to serve you and I really enjoy it. The food is nothing more than the average, it’s adequate. They can improve on the food. They have a tremendous amount of activities. All day long they have staff just for that purpose. They have everything from reading the newspaper, exercise, games and singing. There’s something for everybody.

Thank you for reviewing our community. I am so glad you are happy with our amazing staff and great selection of activities to engage in. We always welcome feedback from our residents and encourage you to make suggestions on how we can improve your dining experience. Please feel free to email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com including "Atria Encinitas" in your subject line.

August 13, 2013

By Terry14

Atria is my favorite of the places I went to and I love it. I saw it in the internet and it was only three miles from my home. My mom came down three times to look at it but she's living with my sister now. It was small, they have two buildings and we went to visit the north building which accommodates 30 residents. The moment we arrived, every single staff came out to greet us from the housekeepers to the beauty salon, to the chef and we were given such personal attention. I cannot believe how friendly everyone was. We stayed for a meal and we watched the residents come down and every resident was greeted by name. Every staff member acknowledged their presence. The ladies were dressed to the nines, the men were nicely attired in actual clothing. I was so impressed with that. The chef came out and told my mom "If ever there was anything you want that I don't have on the menu, I will cook it just for you, just give me the recipe and I will make sure you are happy."

May 16, 2012

By SHudson1

With assisted living communities, as with anything, there are pros and cons. The pros of this place are that it was clean and generally well kempt. There were plenty of activities, and options for the live-ins to socialize. On the downside, however, the staff was absolutely horrific. I do not like the way my grandmother was treated. Although there is no proof, she would frequently tell me stories of having money stolen from her closet or drawers, and twice I heard of orderlies being fired for misconduct. I would not use this place again- I would much rather keep a family member in my home despite the burden it would have on me.Trying to keep it positive though- Atria Encinitas did frequently have social nights of bingo, or performers- clowns, dancers, musicians etc. coming in to entertain the guests. It's been a couple of years since my grandmother passed away, so maybe they've updated their staff. From my experience though, I would not go back.

Thank you for your feedback on our community. While I am happy to hear that your grandmother enjoyed the many events and activities that we offer, I would like to address your concern about staff misconduct. As with any reputable business, any time a report of wrongdoing is brought to our attention, we thoroughly investigate and take the appropriate measures necessary to ensure that the incident does not happen again. We value our residents' privacy and we do not tolerate anyone tampering with their belongings. I encourage you to contact us with any concerns at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and I hope that you will consider us as an option in the future as the needs of your family members change.

Let Us Search For You

Photos of Atria Encinitas

Features of Atria Encinitas

• Licenses: License #374600344

About Atria Encinitas

At Atria Encinitas, you'll live an independent lifestyle free from the worries of home care and maintenance. Enjoy a spacious courtyard with stunning gardens and chat with friends and family in one of our lounges. Atria Encinitas is just one mile from the ocean and a short distance from shopping, community services, public transportation and medical facilities.

Atria Encinitas provides the following services:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
    • A choice of apartments
    • A full-time director for events and activities
    • An emergency call system in every apartment
    • Anytime Cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages
    • Assistance with activities of daily living
    • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
    • Medication assistance