Atria Encinitas

504 South El Camino Real, Encinitas, CA, 92024

Reviews of Atria Encinitas

Sandraellen99@gmail.com February 01, 2015

My mother has been at Atria South for almost a year now and I wanted to give feedback. One reviewer said the building was dark and gloomy. It does need remodeling and that is being planned, but the feeling tone at Atria is of a family with caring staff and friendly residents. My motherly loves it there and feels supported, valued and respected. The staff genuinely cares about its residents and they know it. My mother feels that this is her home and her family. There is always lots to do with activities, exercises, outings, live music weekly, special events and movies most evenings. The food served in the dining room is very good and healthy with several choices for each meal. The chef is very proud of his kitchen and makes dishes from scratch daily. ( when you visit, grab a pastry by the coffee machine). Most of all, I appreciate how well my mother is taken care of in a safe, loving environment. Thank you Atria staff

Caring68195950 January 13, 2015

I was looking in cities that were close to my sister. I talked to her on the phone, and she was raving about Atria Encinitas. We got there, and to me it needed a lot of aesthetic work. The places the staff showed me that were available were dark, gloomy, depressing, and it was one room, a bathroom, and no kitchenette. I felt like the place needed work. They were doing some remodeling, and she did tell me that Atria was going to be remodeling all their facilities, but she didn't know when they would get to them. I am very particular of where I live. The staff seemed very friendly, but the overall age of the residents was between 80 and 90, and that was kind of depressing to me. I think they would have to do a lot of aesthetic changes. They would have to be able to offer some one-bedroom apartments with a kitchenette.

cerna homecare October 31, 2014

Presently, my husband is at Atria and I am happy for the time being. It is very nice and lovely. I appreciate it. They care for him, and it is a month-to-month basis. I like it. It is clean, and they are doing a wonderful job. They have very good food. It is not gourmet, but it is healthy and nutritious. I can only say good things about them.

Caring76295850 February 26, 2014

Atria was too much like a nursing home, very controlled environment. The studios were studios, they were a fair size. They were nice. There were two buildings there. I visited the one on the corner. I was told that what I was looking for would be in the other building that if I went to the other building, I’d lose something that I like in that building. They had it divided into attributes but if you need the attributes together, they had separated them. I wanted a kitchen and a balcony. I could get a kitchen in the other side but I couldn’t get the balcony in the other side. They said all their rooms in this building have balconies. I know I wanted the kitchenette and I know I wanted the balconies but I couldn’t get it all in one building.

Thank you for providing feedback on your visit to our community. I am sorry that we could not accommodate your preferences at Atria Encinitas. If you would like information about some of our other communities in the area or we can be of further help to you, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com including "Atria Encinitas" in your subject line.

George49 February 13, 2014

Atria offered the most and the staff was wonderful. Everybody is there just to serve you and I really enjoy it. The food is nothing more than the average, it’s adequate. They can improve on the food. They have a tremendous amount of activities. All day long they have staff just for that purpose. They have everything from reading the newspaper, exercise, games and singing. There’s something for everybody.

Thank you for reviewing our community. I am so glad you are happy with our amazing staff and great selection of activities to engage in. We always welcome feedback from our residents and encourage you to make suggestions on how we can improve your dining experience. Please feel free to email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com including "Atria Encinitas" in your subject line.

Terry14 August 13, 2013

Atria is my favorite of the places I went to and I love it. I saw it in the internet and it was only three miles from my home. My mom came down three times to look at it but she's living with my sister now. It was small, they have two buildings and we went to visit the north building which accommodates 30 residents. The moment we arrived, every single staff came out to greet us from the housekeepers to the beauty salon, to the chef and we were given such personal attention. I cannot believe how friendly everyone was. We stayed for a meal and we watched the residents come down and every resident was greeted by name. Every staff member acknowledged their presence. The ladies were dressed to the nines, the men were nicely attired in actual clothing. I was so impressed with that. The chef came out and told my mom "If ever there was anything you want that I don't have on the menu, I will cook it just for you, just give me the recipe and I will make sure you are happy."

SHudson1 May 16, 2012

With assisted living communities, as with anything, there are pros and cons. The pros of this place are that it was clean and generally well kempt. There were plenty of activities, and options for the live-ins to socialize. On the downside, however, the staff was absolutely horrific. I do not like the way my grandmother was treated. Although there is no proof, she would frequently tell me stories of having money stolen from her closet or drawers, and twice I heard of orderlies being fired for misconduct. I would not use this place again- I would much rather keep a family member in my home despite the burden it would have on me.Trying to keep it positive though- Atria Encinitas did frequently have social nights of bingo, or performers- clowns, dancers, musicians etc. coming in to entertain the guests. It's been a couple of years since my grandmother passed away, so maybe they've updated their staff. From my experience though, I would not go back.

Thank you for your feedback on our community. While I am happy to hear that your grandmother enjoyed the many events and activities that we offer, I would like to address your concern about staff misconduct. As with any reputable business, any time a report of wrongdoing is brought to our attention, we thoroughly investigate and take the appropriate measures necessary to ensure that the incident does not happen again. We value our residents' privacy and we do not tolerate anyone tampering with their belongings. I encourage you to contact us with any concerns at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and I hope that you will consider us as an option in the future as the needs of your family members change.

From Atria Encinitas

At Atria Encinitas, you'll live an independent lifestyle free from the worries of home care and maintenance. Enjoy a spacious courtyard with stunning gardens and chat with friends and family in one of our lounges. Atria Encinitas is just one mile from the ocean and a short distance from shopping, community services, public transportation and medical facilities.

Atria Encinitas provides the following services:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
  • A choice of apartments
  • A full-time director for events and activities
  • An emergency call system in every apartment
  • Anytime Cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages
  • Assistance with activities of daily living
  • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
  • Medication assistance