Harmony Hall

6336 Cedar Lane, Columbia, MD, 21044

Reviews of Harmony Hall

October 05, 2016

By HS300142

Harmony Hall was nice but not quite for me. They have a coffee stuff in the lobby in front, and the apartments were small, but at least they had separate bedrooms. I didn’t see any place to work out or place that you can walk outside.

March 31, 2016

By Carol L.1

My mom has lived at Harmony Hall for three years now. They have a wonderful staff who have never been anything less than patient and considerate with the elderly. The only negative I can say is that the bathrooms are not accessible because the doorways are not wide enough. They need to retrofit the bathrooms and the doorways to fit wheelchairs because that’s a really an inconvenience. They do have shared rooms, but my mom is in a private room. They have movies and bring in a lot of people from the outside for musicals or concerts. My mom likes that. They have a hairdresser and a podiatrist that come in, too.

March 21, 2016

By A.1

I was able to visit Harmony Hall. Everyone seemed very nice during my visit. It was a very nice, clean-looking place, but the available room was much too far away for my relative to walk.

January 28, 2016

By Dwight Mikulis

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for the wonderful attention and care that was given to my Mom, June M., and my Dad, Frank M., over the last 5+ years. When we looked for an assisted living community for Mom and Dad 5 years ago, we wanted one in a good location, easy access to doctors, transportation to stores and caring staff with the expertise to help as my parents health changed. Harmony Hall accomplished all that. My parents started in monitored living and then progressed through different care levels as needed all in the same community. We had the support of care givers, nursing, food staff, transportation, outside medical and structured events/activities. Couldn’t have asked for better. My family highly recommends Harmony Hall if you have a friend/family member who needs security and support for daily living. Thank you, Dwight A. M.

December 28, 2015

By Dee24

Harmony Hall was an older building, but their list of activities was very good. We just weren't that impressed, but for somebody who is still active, they would love it. They're undergoing renovations on their main floor. The staff was very accommodating. I would recommend them, but they could update their rooms.

September 29, 2015

We looked at Harmony Hall. The staff was very friendly. We did not feel pressured or directed in any way. It was a comfortable interview.

July 14, 2015

By Donna109125750

Harmony Hall was very nice. I had a lovely tour with the representative, and I liked it very much. The rooms were nice. I believed those were the ones that had kitchenettes and refrigerators. They seemed good. The Harmony was probably my favorite. I did not eat there, but the menu looked very good. They had quite a bit of activities. It seemed very clean, and it seemed to me almost like a resort than an assisted living area. There was a snack bar, and it was just lovely. The dining area looked great. I would recommend them.

May 16, 2015

My father lived at Harmony Hall, and we were very pleased with the care that he got. The staff seemed very helpful, and we felt like they are checking on him frequently. He was pretty deaf, and they were very understanding of that and willing to talk. We were very pleased. Overall, we were very pleased with the place. It didn’t look like a nursing home. He had his own bedroom and his own living room; it was a mini apartment, and that is the reason why we chose the place.

April 18, 2015

By Thomas102748750

Harmony Hall was very well kept and very upbeat. The staff seemed friendly. There was no bad smell. They showed me the rooms, and they were very clean. They had plenty of activities, and they were enough for someone to basically enjoy themselves there.

March 20, 2015

I chose Harmony Hall as part of it was affordability and part of it was the lady who runs it, who I spoke with; I had a very good feeling about her. I thought their complete approach where mom didn’t have to move again was great since they have connection to long term care facilities and they are down the street from the hospital. They have a doctor on site and a nurse. It all just tends to have everything. The staff is accommodating too. I would recommend them.

August 30, 2014

By Lisa, Peter and Helena

My mother lived out the last 7 or so years of her life at HH. I would say HH is the best place around, given the current state of elder care in the US. The facility is clean, the food is good, and the staff are nice and professional. My mother was especially fortunate, because all her caregivers, save one, were trustworthy, nice, and truly loving! I thank HH for caring for my mother while she transitioned from independent living, to needing some assistance, then moving upstairs to even more care when her arthritis and mobility limited her even more, and finally, to hospice care with Gilchrist coming to her room, caring for her and ensuring a pain-free death. The staff at HH really loved my mother, and she felt it. Thank you Harmony Hall.

July 04, 2014

By elseebee

The best word to describe Harmony Hall is AWESOME!!! From the moment we walked in the door we were treated like we were the most important family to them. EVERY employee we met there was pleasant and always helpful. If there was a need, they were there.The facility has a homely feeling, is impeccably clean and always smells nice. From the environmental services employees to adminstration, every one was accomadating and pleasant. I loved that they knew not only every residents name but they also new all of my family members names and always spoke. And the food.....REALLY good. We always looked forward to the Sunday brunches and sitting out by the fountain with my dad. My dad loved his apartment and that it was just enough for him.He loved everyone who cared for him. This is the place for your loved one to be if you want "caring from the heart".

June 29, 2014

By michaelriskin

My father spent the last nineteen months of his life at Harmony Hall--There were so many dimensions that made this profoundly difficult experience, into a meaningful and a deeply human one. The facility itself is attractive and warm and the food was certainly quite good. Most important, however, was the aspect of human caring. The staff, in a way that conveys both respect, confidence and competence, didi remarkable work with my dad (during some very difficult times. His human and emotional needs and his dignitdy were always balanced inthe equation of his care. As a son, this gave me great peace if mind. The peace of mind I am describing is beyond value--

April 10, 2014

By Janet80973850

I visited Harmony Hall. Actually, my grandmother had been there. I liked them, but the other facility seemed a little homier to me. Nevertheless, Harmony Hall seemed very nice. They did have activities for their residents. The people were pleasant. They showed me all around. They were very accommodating. I had no problems with any of them. I was also shown a one-bedroom apartment. Unlike the other facility where my mother is currently, they had more like a wet bar area than a full kitchen. It was just a sink, a small refrigerator, and a microwave.

April 09, 2013

By Dory2

Harmony Hall is closest to my house. They have a continuing care and could accommodate my parents' needs. They're staying together in an apartment but could get their needs separately. Mom just passed away recently, but dad is going to stay there. The staff was unbelievably good.

August 23, 2012

By VIPGold

I first visited when my friend and I were going to go somewhere but then he had to pick something drop something off at his grandparents. I suddenly had the idea of volunteering there. Since I had been a volunteer at Harmony Hall Assisted Living Facility for about an year, I thought I have had a very pleasant experience. My duty was to serve refreshments and prepare games and other activities. The staff and residents were very welcoming and I felt that I could get along with nearly everyone. The building itself was fair and the inside was calm and quiet and odorless. The building wasn't very large making mobility much easier. The Hickory Ridge shopping center, full of eateries and small convenience stores, was directly across the street making the location much more convenient for senior citizens to travel at their own will. The head staffs are very considerate and caring and they not only treat the residents well but they also treat the other workers well. If you are looking for a decent, convenient, and pleasant place to stay and not to extravagant, this is the place for you.

March 14, 2012

By marquitamolina

My father had a stroke and fell into diabetic coma. He was transferred from the hospital to Lorien. He was in a coma for three months and the doctors said pull the plug. My family said no and we decided to keep him as long as we could and it payed off. One day upon visiting my father i was talking to him and also telling my kids to stop and then out of the blue he said would you kids listen to your mother. We called the nurse and he started talking to her. From the day forward the staff made sure he was in rehabilitaion every day. He learned how to feed himself, walk again, talk again, and he even remembers who i am as well as certain family members. The location was kind of far related to where i live but it was a good setting. They had church, game night, and all kinds of activities. Visiting hours were not restricted so you could come and see your family members at any time.

September 30, 2011

By maMYMY

I was actually a volunteer here & a also a friend of a resident's family member. The facility overall I would say is spectacular and also the location. Lorien Harmony Hall is located in Columbia right by the Hickory Ridge Village Center. I often watch residents leave the Assisted Living home to go grocery shopping & etc. Another great thing about the location is that it is nearby neighborhoods. Conveniently, a family member can live close by the Lorien Harmony Hall. Personally, while I worked/volunteered at this assisted living home, I was very welcomed to help in every way & was accepted by the general staff & residents. The majority of the workers were very dedicated & seemed to enjoy what they were doing which made an impact on me. The residents seemed glad to see me although I was a complete stranger to them at first. The building was very new & clean & had all sorts of games & events. I did not rate Lorien Harmony Hall a 5 star because I was a little concerned about a minority of the workers that did not seem to care too much about what they do & in a way... restricted a senior citizen's freedom. As a whole, I had a great experience helping out & learning about how an Assisted Living facility functions & Lorien Harmony Hall was my first good impression!

Photos of Harmony Hall

Features of Harmony Hall

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: 24 Hour Security Staff

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Psychiatric Care
  • Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.
  • Pharma

• Activities Extra: Opera Night, Music Appreciation, Movie Night, Bingo

• Financial Guidance Extra: Medicaid Waiver Low Care Level

• Staff Patient Ratio: 10 To 1

• Licenses: Level 3

About Harmony Hall

Harmony Hall has been a landmark in Howard County for over a quarter of a century. With a focus on quality care, socialization, and independence, our philosophy encourages our residents to age in place. Our visionary, diverse campus offers access to 24/7 nursing and caregiving support, on-site dialysis, 24/7 security, and skilled nursing. Harmony Hall sits in close proximity to Howard County General Hospital, affiliated with Johns Hopkins Medicine. Among the services that set us apart are:

• Primary care physician on site weekly
  • Mental health care support
  • In house dialysis
  • Assistance with activity of daily livings
  • Assistance with Hoyer Lift
  • Customize diets and one-on-one feeding assistance
  • On-site therapy
  • Wanderguard system
  • In-house interest free home loan program
  • On-site hospice
  • Transportation five days per week
  • Pendant system
  • Activities
  • Private and semi-private apartments

Our mission is to improve our residents' quality of life by providing a network of medical, social, and physical services to meet their individual needs. We continually strive to promote wellness, independence and the nurturing of spirit that is so essential to one's quality of life. Through individualized and proactive care plans, we allow our residents to age in place with respect and dignity.

Map of Harmony Hall