Benchmark Senior Living at Chelmsford Crossings

199 Chelmsford Street, Chelmsford, MA, 01824

Reviews of Benchmark Senior Living at Chelmsford Crossings

July 07, 2015

By Marianne16

It was a very positive experience. They followed up with us after we visited Chelmsford Crossings. We saw the different types of living situations and apartments, and it was much more independent. They had a living area, almost like a studio apartment, and they had a kitchen area as well. I didn't feel that it would be a good fit for my mother-in-law, but it was very clean. The dining room was lovely. There's a nice fireplace, and it was very cozy. They did a lot of off-site things where they took people to field trips, to a mall, or to a ball game. They also had card games, Canasta, and things that that generation were most interested in doing. They should have a sample of the food available during the tour, so that you could see what the residents are being served.

Thank you for your thoughts. We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please let us know (978-250-8855) if there is anything we can do for you and your family.

September 30, 2014

I visited Chelmsford Crossings. It was very nice. It’s conveniently located very near some major highways, so the access is very convenient for people coming from different places. There is shopping nearby, but it wouldn’t be really pleasant to walk anywhere from the facility because the road is quite busy. There is a sidewalk and there are some shopping malls down the way. It’s a more urban environment but it was very nice. The apartments were pleasant. There was a little kitchenette. It was just a microwave and a fridge in each apartment. There were 3 floors and two of the floors had a common kitchen, so that if someone wanted to do some of their own cooking or if they had family visiting who wanted to make a meal together, they could use that common kitchen to do some cooking in addition to meals being available in the dining room, so that was a rather nice feature. There was a very nice, little patio that people could sit out on, and there are nice gardens. They had lots of activities and the people were nice. Relative to what I was looking for, it was very nice.

Your words mean everything to us! Thank you so much for sharing. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director at 978.250.8855 if we can ever be of any service whatsoever to you and your family.

June 30, 2014

Mom lived at Chelmsford Crossings for almost a month, but unfortunately her memory issue was a little bit too much for them to handle, so she couldn’t stay there. We generally like the facility. The rooms were really nice. The activities were fine; she attended crafts and exercise classes. It’s all very good.

June 17, 2014

By Lanning

My 87 year old mother spent 30 days at this facility as part of her rehabilitation from a broken hip. It provided an excellent transition between the hospital and her return home. The staff is very large and friendly and the supervision is thorough. There are more than a dozen activities each day for the residents in a wide variety of areas. My mother made numerous friends during her short stay and was made to feel very welcome. Fortunately, my mother has regained enough independence to return home. However, should the need arise in the future, both she and I would welcome the opportunity to return.

May 30, 2014

By caring05541

Chelmsford Crossings seemed very nice. The amenities and the people seemed nice also. I thought the staff was pretty impressive. I know they had a lot of activities, but I don't remember which ones. I walked through the dining room, but I didn't stay for lunch, and the room was very pleasant. The rooms seemed to be on the small side, but I think they might have been bigger than I thought.

November 22, 2013

We need someone to look after my elderly father for about a week and most places don't offer that. However, Chelmsford Crossings has that. It was located conveniently for us. It was closer and in a better location than most of other places. Everything was great and wonderful in this facility. It was also very clean. I saw one efficiency room and it was very nice. It was furnished very nicely. It had all the amenities that anybody would need.

July 31, 2012

By jlleighton

Chelmsford Crossing was an exceptional assisted living facility. It was everything we were looking for in a placement for our loved one. The facility itself is absolutely beautiful. Everything about it seems to be finely decorated and carefully placed to make the atmosphere homey and welcoming. The entire main common area seemed fresh and updated, and we saw many residents sitting in smaller groups and enjoying company. We also were able to see the guests enjoy a piano entertainer while we were there, which seemed very popular with upbeat music and folks joining in to the songs. The individual residence units were spacious, with large windows providing lots of light. The dining room was well appointed and the meal we enjoyed during our visit was definitely above what we had experienced from other assisted living facilities. The staff was attentive and available to answer all of our questions, and took special care in making us feel well-taken care of during our visit. All in all, Chelmsford Crossing was really a step-above the other assisted living facilities in the area and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone needing assisted living in the Merrimack Valley.

July 11, 2012

By turtle_0h

As far as care and the overall experience of the facility, we could not be happier with the care my great grandmother received. She was mostly self sufficient, but needed help in things like socializing, remembering to take medication and just general personal care, safety, and security. The staff was mostly friendly, always willing to make conversation and taking good care of the residents. It felt more like a home than a "facility" that offered assisted living. There was always adequate medical staff, and dedicated staff on hand to help my great-grandmother with whatever she needed, ample day trips, crafts, activities (bingo, aerobic classes, movie nights, family nights etc), and grounds to just relax at. The one negative aspect of the facility was moving in and out of it, the staff was unclear as to what the procedures/rules were and it was hard to meet the guidelines of things (since we'd never done anything like move someone into assisted living before) it caused some issues, at first, with residents. Overall, I would recommend Chelmsford Crossing in chelmsford to anyone in the area considering an assisted living facility.

Thank you very much for your kind words. Statements such as yours mean everything as we take great pride in the trust families place in us. Regarding the communication aspect, please note that we regularly evaluate and re-evaluate staff performance and community procedures through ongoing reviews, action plans, and education. We strive to continually make improvements and your feed-back helps us accomplish that.

We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team and of their dedication to the individual needs of every resident.

November 17, 2011

By Stacia

The staff at Chelmsford Crossings is excellent....very caring, and most of very reliable and competent. The food is very good; the atmosphere is most welcoming; this is a place where "everyone knows your name".

September 30, 2011

By Reviewer2

I have indirect experience with Chelmsford Crossings. My grandmother was a resident there for 2 years and lived in both a single room and eventually lived with a roommate. They provided laundry services and medication reminders as well as breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the residents. The people who came into my grandmother's room to give her the daily medications she needed were always very cheery and seemed to care for each of the residents. When you walk in you are greeted by a secretary who is also very cheery and directs you to sign into the building. Other than that you can pretty much do whatever you want with the resident you are visiting. They have a TV room, some outside areas, a game room, and a calendar for each month that has daily activities such as trips to Walmart or finger nail painting. Chelmsford Crossings is a great place.

Photos of Benchmark Senior Living at Chelmsford Crossings

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Minimum Age: None

About Benchmark Senior Living at Chelmsford Crossings

Independence, Personalized Care and Companionship Assisted Living at Benchmark Senior Living at Chelmsford Crossings in Chelmsford, MA means helping seniors stay independent by providing 24-hour personal care in a socially active, dignified residential setting.

Residents enjoy attractive apartments, comfortable community rooms, a lovely outdoor patio and garden and an ever-changing program of social and fitness activities. Assistance with activities of daily living, such as bathing and dressing, along with medication monitoring, is personally tailored to each resident's changing needs and is provided by a caring professional staff.

This provides the best of both worlds--the ability for seniors to remain independent in their own apartment, knowing that help is available 24 hours a day.

We are proud to offer a professionally-trained, licensed and caring staff who work with each resident, their family and their personal physician to develop a Personal Care Plan.

Chelmsford Crossings is an award-winning senior living community in the Merrimack Valley with easy access to both Rte. 495 and Rte. 3. We are a full service assisted living community in Chelmsford, MA, designed with quality services as well as affordability in mind. We offer a full array of services in a home-like atmosphere where residents are encouraged to maintain their independence. The community includes two spacious living rooms, two country kitchens and a lovely sun porch. The large activities room is a focal point for resident exercise programs, games and crafts. Chelmsford Crossings is an active member of the local community and our own transportation allows our residents easy access to all community events.

Map of Benchmark Senior Living at Chelmsford Crossings