El Dorado West

1010 SW 134th Street, Burien, WA, 98146

Reviews of El Dorado West

Caring107254550 June 01, 2015

The facilities of El Dorado West were really nice and beautiful. The common rooms were very nice. We talked to some of the tenants that live there, and they liked it very much. The rooms were very small. We were looking at studio apartments that were really the size of my bathroom. It is very small. It was so much money that the only other additional assistance we were interested in setting up was for somebody to help my brother setup his pill and hand it off to him. It was so expensive that we couldn't afford it. We selected it to visit because they had memory care. They interviewed my brother, and they told us that they thought he could begin at least in the assisted living, but the memory care would be available if he needed it at some later point. They would not show us the rooms in memory care. So eventually if that is where he is going to end up, I'm not going to position him anywhere where they won't show us what it looks like.

El Dorado offers up to 17 different apartment sizes and shapes from studio’s to two bedroom apartments. We are very competitively priced and would be wiling to compare our prices with anyone in our area. We do not want to interrupt the programming and environment in our Memory Care area except for a select few of qualified and ready individuals. We prefer to keep the strangers walking through our memory care area to a minimum. It is also at this moment at capacity so there are no unoccupied units to show. We of course want someone to know exactly what they are getting before they move in and would make every opportunity available.

Caring102790350 February 23, 2015

They had a little party going on when we visited El Dorado. It's great and beautiful, and the staff were very helpful and super friendly. They gave us a lot of their time. The rooms were lovely. The food was good, and the dining area was beautiful; it was more like a restaurant. They go out to restaurants, stores, casinos, and church.

georate February 08, 2015

It's a beautiful community. The environment is very home like, I would definitely love to live there if I met the age requirements. The employees all greet you with a smile, and are very friendly and welcome you like VIP. Every resident seemed involved in an activity, groups near the fireplace enjoying fresh baked bread with coffee and cocoa, the others are playing card games, everyone is so happy there. Very, very impressive.

Caring95478350 September 30, 2014

El Dorado West Retirement Community was very nice. A friend of mine was staying there, so I happened to go there a few times. The environment was very clean. It is a new building and they just added the memory care. My friend was taken very good care of and the people there were very nice. We were trying to put my father in there, but they wouldn't take him because he needed too much care. The rooms were very nice, and like I said, it was very clean.

Caring72148050 October 28, 2013

At that time of our visit, El Dorado did have a great entertainment thing going on for their residents while they were having their dinner. This facility has both independent and assisted living. They're on repeated corporate ownership changes and at the moment, they're very much under construction. What happens when they get these corporate changes is that they can change the rules and the rent. Prices are being raised because of this. There was one lady that was there and she was nice but she was also pretty much in a flurry. Residents were coming to her trying to figure out where they're going to go. Another thing with this facility is that they can't tolerate people who get a little bit argumentative. So it's great if you're a really sweet older person, but if you're not and you're cranky, you can't be there. However, having mood swings and being cranky are part of the dementia condition.

From El Dorado West

Celebrating more than 30 years in the Burien community, El Dorado West is a gracious, single story building surrounding a lovely garden courtyard.

El Dorado West is conveniently located close to Seahurst Park, Salmon Creek, Puget Sound, and not far from the Sea-Tac Airport. Relax and enjoy retirement amidst a thoughtful, caring community with access to excellent health care facilities, shopping malls, bus lines, and the excitement of downtown Seattle.

Features of El Dorado West

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 1 to 5
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,000/month

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 2140