Wingate Residences at Brewster Place

855 Harwich Road, Brewster, MA, 02631

Reviews of Wingate Residences at Brewster Place

May 21, 2017

By summercaper

My mother has lived at Brewster Place for four years. Upon moving in, she immediately felt welcome and at home. Every staff member knew her name and made her feel comfortable. Mom loves the staff and has made friends. She looks forward to all the activities including exercise, bingo, speakers, and most importantly the music. Mom has a quality of life that wouldn't be possible without Brewster Place. Best decision ever!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this kind review. We feel very strongly about fostering a community that is bound by strong, personal connections between staff, residents and their families, so it is gratifying to hear that the feeling is mutual. We’re so glad that, after four years, your mother continues to feel happy, engaged and at home at Brewster Place. A community is only as strong as its members, and we’re thankful to count your mother a member of our community!

April 06, 2017

By sandollar

Beautiful place incredibly friendly and efficient staff. We can sleep at night knowing our Aunt is in good hands.

January 30, 2017

By GM583375

Wingate Residences was very good. I liked it a lot and recommend it. They had a comfortable living arrangement. It looked like a pleasant place to live. The staff seemed very knowledgeable.
We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We are very proud of our staff, and honestly, it is our staff and our residents who truly make this, as you suggest, a pleasant place to live. We hope you'll consider our community if you are planning a move for yourself or a loved one.

September 29, 2016

By Brewster family

When my mother required full-time nursing care in the nursing facility adjoining Brewster Place, my Dad drove daily to visit her. After several months it became apparent that he was suffering from loneliness, was not eating regularly, and was exhausted from the long days of sitting at her side. We suggested a tour of Brewster Place one day to Dad and ,without any hesitation, he decided to move to a comfortable studio with favorite belongings from home. The transition was smooth and timely. My Dad was able to acclimate to his new surroundings, meet staff and residents, and easily visit my Mom next door. She passed away a month after his move, and through his grief,he had the compassionate support from the entire staff, as well as from new friends, many of whom had experienced similar loss. Dad enjoys the numerous concerts, meals with friends , and being a part of of a warm and kind community.....and we are happy for him. fortunately
Thank you for taking time to leave these kind words. We take great pride in what we do, and we’re very happy we could provide a sense of community and support for your father. Thank you for encouraging him to come live with us—we appreciate him being a part of the Wingate family.

September 13, 2016

By Mary Lou D

Wingate Residences has been a part of our lives for almost 3 years now. First we were looking for a place for my father-in-law and we visited many assisted living facilities in the Cape Cod area. The only place he would even consider was this one as it was homey enough to make him feel comfortable. He moved in and I was impressed at how well the facility worked to make him feel at home and provided that he felt like part of the community. Seven months later my father also needed to go to an assisted living facility and there was no doubt in my mind where he was going. Again the transition was wonderful and both of them feel like they are home here. I must tell you that the staff is great. There are many wonderful activities, many times the families are invited in to participate and they are always welcome. You get to feel like part of the family, but also know that your family member is getting loving care while you are not there. Both father's needs have increased and still the facility meets them. I could not recommend Wingate Residences any higher.
We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about our community; you touch on several points we feel strongly about, including truly creating a feeling of home for the people who live here and engaging our families. And as you noted, our staff has a huge role in that. Most residents enjoy our activities and truly engage, which is rewarding for all of us. Thank you again for your support and trust in us.

September 13, 2016

By JoAnn P.

My mom was very reluctant to leave the condo where she had lived alone for the twenty three years since my dad passed away. But once she realized she needed a bit of help, she agreed to visit some assisted living facilities. None appealed to her until she met the folks at Wingate in Brewster. Immediately after her tour, she remarked that she could picture herself living there. Fortunately, there was a studio available, large enough to accommodate a number of Mom's favorite furnishings.. She's been a resident for the past seven weeks, and tells us daily how glad she is to be there. We are delighted that Mom's transition from isolated condo living to assisted living in a senior community has been so seamless and full of joy. The staff is caring, kind, respectful and respected. There is a warm feeling, a family oriented environment, and a director who not only is devoted to hiring the most qualified people she can find, but is also a participant in the special activities offered to residents and their guests. Already Mom has joined discussion groups, word games, exercise classes and outings. She can spend time alone, quietly reading, or be as involved in the community as she wishes. Mom also appreciates the food and food service at Wingate, where the waitstaff is attentive to residents' preferences. As her family, we take comfort in seeing Mom so happy in her new surroundings. We have every reason to expect that she will continue to be satisfied with her decision to call it home.
It's comments like yours that remind us of why we do what we do. Your appreciation, and your mom's, are gratifying and rewarding for us to read. We appreciate that you made the time to share such kind and positive feedback about our community, thank you.

August 03, 2016

By Denise 3

I spent a lot of time trying to find a new home for my father. I decided that Wingate was the best place for dad. Dad and I are very happy with Wingate and know that we made the best choice. You won't find a better staff anywhere. They are a very warm, compassionate and caring group of people. (extra special) They provide superior care to my father. Dad loves his apartment, raves about the food and is always saying how nice everyone is to him. Dad is very happy in his new home and I know that he is well taken care of and his needs are being met. Thanks to all who make this such a special place.
We appreciate your taking the time to share how you feel about our community. We are very proud of our team, and many of the people here have been here for a long time. Your kind words reinforce even more the feeling of pride we take in what we do, and we appreciate the trust you have placed in us by allowing your father to live with us. Thank you.

September 26, 2015

By care4m&k

My soon to be 88 year old mother transitioned from her home in the Berkshires to Epoch this past June. I kid her that she now lives in a beautiful palace where many nice people accommodate her every need. She jokingly reminds me when her "crown" requires polishing! The amazing staff know all the residents (and their families) by name. Maureen, Tina, Linda, Maura, and the front desk staff are always ready to lend a helping hand not only to the residents, but also to those of us navigating our parents' affairs. There's always an interesting in house activity or field trip going on to engage the residents. The rooms are pleasant, and community rooms are provided for TV/movie viewing, concerts, lectures, and socializing. The dining room is elegant, and Mom loves the food, and the company with whom she dines. The staff goes out of their way to invite and encourage family get togethers. My Dad is on the other side of the facilty in Epoch Senior Health Care. Being at Epoch AL provides my mother the peace of mind that she and I are able to visit him every day. Both Mom and Dad really like Epoch, and I feel blessed that they're in good hands.

Thank you for taking the time to share with others your experience with EPOCH in Brewster. We are happy to hear that your mom is feeling pampered and cared for in assisted living – that is always our goal! It is also nice to know that our campus offers your parents the opportunity to visit throughout the day and at the same time live in surroundings that meet their individual needs. We appreciate your being a part of the EPOCH family.

September 17, 2015

By Brian Mooney

My 85-year-old mother loved her independence, living on Cape Cod until a stroke and some complications sent her to the hospital and rehabilitation at Epoch in Brewster. The staff made the transition to assisted living in the same complex incredibly easy and my mom has enjoyed every day in her new home. And she considers it home. The support services, facilities, dining, amenities and busy activity options couldn't be better. She is making new friends and enjoys their company. I spoke to her today around 4:30 p.m. and she said she was so busy today she was tired -- "in a good way." When I told her I was going to write some comments about Epoch Assisted Living at Brewster Place, she said: "Make sure it is very positive and you say only nice things because I like it here."

We are honored and appreciative for your comments. EPOCH at Brewster Place is home to some very dear and special people and we are thankful to count your mother as one of them. When residents are as engaged as your mother is, it adds to the community in countless ways. We are pleased to know that she is happy in her new home and will strive to continue to enrich her later years.

September 16, 2015

By summercaper

Mom has been a resident for two and a half years. We selected Epoch after visiting several Assisted living facilities on the Cape. Epoch checked all our boxes.It was clean, rooms nicely laid out, and a rehab, if needed is attached. On day one all staff knew Mom's name, making her feel welcomed. Residents are equally friendly, making for a true extended family experience. Mom has always been health conscious. She enjoys exercise class and trivia and word games that keep her mind sharp. She likes to keep busy and loves the outings, concerts, and activities. We enjoy family activities, and festive holiday events. We feel that same extended family experience from our relationship with the wonderful director, Maureen, to staff, residents, and their families. Epoch was everything we and Mom had hoped for and MORE! We're so happy we made this choice.

Thank you for all the kind words and for highlighting something we feel here, that we are an extended family in many ways. When you are this close to people's lives, everyday, that feeling of connection is both important and gratifying. Thank you for trusting us to provide a home for you mom. We are happy you made this choice, too.

May 12, 2015

By Pappy1

My mother, who recently turned 90, has been a resident of Epoch Assisted Living at Brewster Place for close to a year and a half now. Prior to that she lived with my husband and I until she took a bad fall. Going to live at Epoch has been a journey of discovery adjustment and enjoyment. From the first day of arrival, staff members warmly welcomed my mother and showed genuine compassion and care. This trickled all the way down from the Executive Director to the Maintenance Personnel. In this time period my mother has developed very special friendships that have evolved with other fellow residents. The residents show great concern for each other and the feeling of 'family exudes from the facility. Daily activities are offered by the Life Enrichment director and crew. There are always fun things to do; outings, concerts, special dinners with family members, and assorted games just to mention a few. One of the most delightful things about Epoch is the food that is served there. It compares to meals at the finest of restaurants! If you have a loved one that can no longer live at home, needs some assistance and could use a little pampering, Epoch of Brewster is the place! That special someone will be happy and you also will be content knowing that your loved one is in good hands.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and for entrusting us with your mom's care. We take great pride in our staff (we seek only the best!). Our wonderful families are of utmost importance to us, and of course, always welcome at our table.

January 12, 2015

By Margery and Chuck

Brewster Place is amazing. My mother has never been happier in her entire life. She laughs, she smiles, and she is so engaged in life again. Movies, outings, educational programs, games, exercise classes. She is so busy. The staff is topnotch, welcoming, and loving. The food is always good, and my husband and I love to attend the functions and parties. This is the best place around.

Thank you for making time to write something so encouraging - it's great to hear from families, especially for our staff. We do work hard to make this a great place, but people like your mom certainly make our job just a little easier, and much more rewarding. Thank you again.

December 07, 2014

By Jack34

EPOCH Senior was very nice. The people were also very nice. They are well staffed. They are very helpful. We liked the place. The rooms were fine. We looked at one that was like a studio, and it was well laid out. It had a nice bathroom, a little kitchenette, a bedroom, and a sitting area. The dining was very good. The food was also very good, and it was like a restaurant atmosphere. You don't have to be there on a certain time to have breakfast, lunch, or dinner. They had plenty of activities. They had people come in and play the piano. They had exercise in the morning. They do puzzles. They had a nice library. They had movies twice a day. The place was very clean. The staff was very nice, and one of the residents greeted my mother and dined with us. They took their time to make you feel comfortable. I definitely would recommend them to other people.

We appreciate you taking the time to share such kind words and we hope that your mom feels welcomed to join our community.

August 13, 2014

By dlester

Finding a new place to call “home” for my Aunt that was friendly, inviting, comfortable, well maintained and that had a staff who respect and genuinely care about their residents was the criteria I set as I embarked on this decision making journey earlier this year. First impressions are always important and upon walking from the Rehab unit to the assisted living facility at Epoch of Brewster it certainly made a strong one and brought an overwhelming sense of peacefulness and contentment. I am a firm believer of following your intuition and the decision to choose Epoch of Brewster Place has been spot on. The management and culture of excellence permeates every aspect of this facility. They are to be highly commended. They are dedicated to making it the best for all residents. That can be seen from the moment you walk in at the front desk, to the nursing staff, maintenance and housekeeping crew, activity planning and meals and dining personnel. I did due diligence in checking out other facilities in the surrounding towns as well as where I live in Washington, DC. I kept coming back to Epoch for a variety of reasons. One being the continuity of care community. With rehab, nursing home and memory care facilities also on property, transitions, when needed, are easier and more coordinated. Since the majority of my Aunt’s friends and neighbors still reside on the Cape, that also was the other major factor. This way she has visitors she knows come and enjoy time with her. Within a month or two, my Aunt successfully made the transition to this new home. She is happy, secure, more lively and sociable than she ever was living alone. She continually remarks how everyone is so friendly and helpful and she loves her new home- for her to say Epoch was now home was incredible. It is hard to find time to chat with her on the phone because she is out and about doing various activities or enjoying the company of other residents around the facility. She loves how birthdays, seasons and holidays are celebrated regularly and in grand style. I have the peace of mind she is safe and secure. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly either when I visit (which is often) or call with a question. They respond to matters quickly and efficiently and follow-up with me either by phone or email. I have come to know them well and am so very grateful for their dedication to making these remaining years for my Aunt the best they can be.

We are so proud that your Aunt calls our community home. We understand the importance of communication and are glad that we can provide peace of mind. Thank you for the positive feedback, it reaffirms that our hard work is appreciated.

April 25, 2014

By PAnderson

Anyone entrusted with caregiver responsibilities dreads utterance of the words "living at home is no longer an option", to their loved one. our family's faithful day came about a year ago with the passing of our dad. On the advice of a dear friend, we visited EPOCH of Brewster for a test drive. The well-manicured grounds and entranceway made for a great fir impression, but dwarfed in comparison to the "Grand Hotel" experience within. Beautifully appointed common areas were adorned with seasonal decorations, along with cozy seating by the fireplace in the library. We were shown a monthly events calendar that we found to be stimulating, and inviting. Everywhere out tour took us, we were greeted with smiles from staff and residents alike. Several residents even made it a point to stop and tell us how wonderful it was to live there. If that wasn't enough, we were treated to a restaurant-quality meal in the dining room. Lastly, we discovered that financials were comparable to other Assisted Living communities offering far less amenities. Needless to say, we chose EPOCH as mom's new home. The heartache of "independence lost" has given way to a new chapter and purpose. She enjoys so many activities with her EPOCH friends that we have to call prior to making family visits to make sure she is available to see us. We can always count on being greeted with a great big smile and a reading from her latest participation in the Memoir Writing Class. Frequent Family Events are eagerly anticipated for their high-caliber food and entertainment. EPOCH staff truly embrace all who enter their home as family. We are very thankful that we took our friend's advice to consider EPOCH Assisted Living of Brewster for our mom's new home. So is she.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We pride ourselves in making the transition from independent living as easy as possible and understand the importance of social activities for our residents. We’re so glad your mother is taking advantage of the activities we offer and that you are able to join us for family events.

December 30, 2013

My mother was at EPOCH Brewster for a while, but she had to leave because her partner had a stroke. I thought the management was first rate. The activities were excellent. They have a lot of social activities where the outside people were invited to come and participate. They had a lot of music programs and sing along programs for the residents. They have a lot of art stuff. The food is very good and I like that place. It was really a good place.

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are pleased to hear that she enjoyed her time at our community and took advantage of the programs we work so hard to put together.

July 28, 2012

By Roxana

When I toured Epoch, I liked what I saw and I liked what I heard. My mother was also in Rehab in Epoch which is next door. We had to move her out of there and fortunately there was a room available. We moved her there and she was able to continue with her physical therapy in the assisted living. The facility is not too small and it wasn't too big either. The staff seemed very pleasant. They are just awesome.They take good care of the residents there. They're very patient and kind. My mother has a room there with a kitchenette, dining area and full bathroom. Her living area has couch and TV. Everything she needs is there. Their food is good. I eat there every week. What's also good is that they have a lot of activities. They try to do some things that will interest the residents. They have something for everybody. They have music, art, bingo, card games. They take them to shop, lunch, doctors appointments or wherever the residents want to go. They bring people in to give talks. They bring in orchestra to perform there. They have concerts there too. The residents can be as busy as they want to be. They're very accommodating. My mother had a doctors appointment in Boston so they actually drove us there. Never once had my mother complained about anything there. She's been there for over a year and she's content. She made many friends and it's a very homey facility. I am able to visit her there any time I want to and as long as I want to. I take her out for lunch or to go shopping. I've taken her out to visit a family for a week out of state. They're not made to stay there everyday. They can be as independent as they can be.

We’re so glad you and your mother are happy with the care we provide. Thank you for sharing your experience and highlighting our social programs and flexibility.

July 24, 2012

By Janet5

First of all, I'm a paralegal at a law firm here on Cape Cod. I have been through all the assisted living and nursing facilities on Cape Cod. I'm very familiar with all of them and when the time came for my own parents, I chose Epoch of Brewster because I just found it preferential in all ways than the rest of them. So it was a combination of seeing it as a business and for my own parents. We always want to put our parents at the best place we can find. My mother fell and she lives an hour away from me and I'm an only child. I contacted Epoch when she was in the hospital and they just took over for me. They were amazing and helped me through everything. They made it an amazing transition. When she got there, they were so welcoming. The room was perfect and she's now been there for a year and a half and it's wonderful. It gets better all the time. As a matter of fact, I was there last night for a community concert. My husband and I said we're ready to go there. Now I can sleep at night knowing that she's in a very safe, fun, wonderful environment. Most of the units are basically over-sized studios. It's one big living room with a small kitchenette, closet and beautiful bathroom. It's a living and sleeping area all together which is another reason why preferred that because it's less chaos. I eat lunch there every Wednesday because my mother and I love the food. They have a family night, one night a month which is free of charge for family members. It's always a wonderful meal and wonderful entertainment. We go there for holidays and it's always very good. Plus I've gone in just for the moment without them knowing I was coming because everybody can put on a wonderful dinner when they know you're coming. I just show up once in a while and have dinner. Sometimes I come in on my day off and surprise my mom and I've always had a wonderful meal and with choices. They always have a side menu to choose from like a little café place. If I am to rate them 1 to 5, I would rate them higher than a 5 in every single category honestly and truly. It's just an amazing experience.

Thank you so much for your kind words. It’s wonderful that you can join us so often and spend quality time with your mother at our community.

Photos of Wingate Residences at Brewster Place

Features of Wingate Residences at Brewster Place

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: EOEA

About Wingate Residences at Brewster Place

Located in the historic town of Brewster, Massachusetts Wingate Residences at Brewster Place offers a warm and inviting community designed to enhance the well-being of our residents. Beautifully appointed common areas, rich and engaging programming and caring and compassionate staff all combine to provide the finest in senior living.

Featuring Assisted Living rental apartments (in a variety of floor plans), bright common spaces and ample outdoor patios, our community offers the independence of home without the responsibility of housekeeping and maintenance - but with the help that residents need, when they need it.

Map of Wingate Residences at Brewster Place