Willow Park Assisted Living

2600 North Milwaukee Street, Boise, ID, 83704

Reviews of Willow Park Assisted Living

Visitor49 January 13, 2016

Willow Park is a nice place but expensive. The staff was fine. The rooms were big and nice, but they were just expensive.

Marilyn115140950 October 28, 2015

My father stayed at Willow Park, and it was a very nice place. The food was really good, and the employees were the best. They have a good reputation. He lived there for several years before he passed away. It was very attractive. They had a lot of activities going on. The people there were very happy. They had everything there that you normally would expect for an assisted living. They offered a lot of things for the elderly, transportation, etc. They hosted nice family meals around the holidays. The people that worked there were just about the best and really were nice people. The thing that stood out the most about it was it was so clean.

KristiAnn October 25, 2015

5 months ago my folks, ages 92 and 94, moved into Willow Park. What a move at that age! Fortunately for us the staff at Willow Park were extraordinary and so very helpful. During these last few months my mother has blossomed into a happier, lovelier and more energetic person. My dad has started to participate in the variety of activities, field trips and social events offered by Willow Park. They are both making new friends among both the residents and staff and generally seem very happy. We have been particularly pleased with how quickly the staff at Willow Park respond to our requests and questions concerning our parents care.

Mary011 October 24, 2015

Willow Park was very accommodating, very helpful, very warm, and welcoming. The facility was very attractive, very clean, very nicely kept, and attractively decorated. They have a van or bus they use to take people out to activities, shopping, and all kinds of special events.

Steven23 September 30, 2015

Willow Park was a larger stand alone facility with an in and out staff, larger rooms, and a private bath in each room. It was larger, and it was two floors. Cleanliness was very good. The staff seemed very friendly and on top of things. They have a larger dining facility. They have almost a commercial like kitchen and staff.

Cynda August 30, 2015

We visited Willow Park, and it was very welcoming. They did the general things -- exercises, games, church worship -- and they would take them out on their bus. It was very well set up and very well cared for. I was extremely impressed with the manager that talked to me; we got along extremely well. We really like the staff and the way they were interacting with the residents. It would've been nice, but it was just not in the budget.

Daughter-in-law6 May 29, 2015

Willow Park is the first place that I visited. I thought it was OK, and I didn’t have any problem with the place. The lady that I talked to wasn't the friendliest person, which kind of turned me off. My mother-in-law is 95 years old, and we are talking about taking her out of her home. Of course she is going to be oppositional to that. But the all or nothing attitude is not the kind of care I want my mother-in-law to have. I thought it was condescending to view her as behavioral instead of trying to understand her. So that kind of ended that right there. It doesn't matter how good the care is if they are not going to try to understand her or even say there are medications to help with that. There are solutions because I worked with special education; I understand this. But I felt I understood it more than she did. So it wasn't the facility as much as it was the person that turned me off. She told me all of her credentials and how long she has been doing it and how wonderful she is. It really doesn't matter if I don't like her; she can be wonderful to somebody else. The facility looked pleasant, and it smelled OK. It's just the other place is nicer both in facility and staff.

Sharon93900550 February 10, 2015

To me, Willow Park Assisted Living & Memory Care was kind of dark. I had a cup of tea that looked fine, and the food smelled really good though. The rooms were small, but a lot of people like that. They were all clean. To me, it just felt too medical.

Caring94010850 October 31, 2014

My mother-in-law is in Willow Park, and I would recommend it. The staff has been there for a lot of years. The first contact we had was with the lady that has been there for 12 years. She is the administrator from the kitchen staff down to even the nurse’s aides and so forth. I don’t know specifically what their benefit package is but I have been told that they have a pretty good employee package for their employees to try and keep them. So that’s one reason why I think they are maybe a little bit ahead of some others.

They treat their residents well, and they are all friendly. It’s just a very pleasant place to be. The atmosphere when you walk in the door is not of a nursing home or assisted living; it’s more of a hotel atmosphere. It has a dining room that you sit and you reserved as if you are in a restaurant so they come up and ask what you want. They have a couple of main entrees for meals, but they also have what they call an anytime menu that if you don’t like what’s being offered for lunch or dinner you can order off any time menu which consists of a loaded big taquito or Caesar salad so that you can find something that you like. I think it is really good as well.

I have a friend who is in a different facility that I often compared it to, and I’m not going to say the one that she is in is not good -- it is -- but the other factor of course to consider is cost. Willow Park for the Boise is toward the upper end in cost, and they do not take Medicaid patients, so because of that I think they can afford to be a little better.

Caring96163950 October 29, 2014

I like Willow Park very much. I would have moved there had they had a vacancy. They had individual bungalows for the independent living and that appealed to me. It was just like having your own little house and yet, you're still part of the community and that appealed to me. I like that. The staff was very helpful. They're very good. Food was very good too.

Caring95067850 September 23, 2014

Willow Park seemed very nice. The staff was very nice. They were professional. The rooms were really nice.

Vicki29 June 30, 2014

I walked through Willow Park, and their facility seemed nice, just walking down the hall. It looked clean. I just kind of got in, and the staff was helping someone at the reception desk, and I just acted like I knew where I was going. It might’ve been in the middle of the afternoon, maybe they were napping or something, but there were a few residents, I think, watching TV. I think the living environment was more of a hospital setting. I thought it was kind of dated, but that was probably because of the décor, but I think the older people would’ve liked it. My mom would’ve loved it, but not me. The setting was kind of Victorian; it seemed like kind of mauves and greens. The dining room was a nice, adequate size. The grounds seemed like a nice walk, and there were trees and flower beds.

Caring6717850 March 21, 2014

Willow Park was excellent. The staff and the rooms were also excellent. They had a wide range of activities from physical, to mental, to artistic and interactive.

Caring77304050 February 27, 2014

I really liked the vibe and the staff at Willow Park. I also liked the activities. I thought they were working hard on their food. The downside was again the rooms were small and dated. The grounds were also dated and when you looked outside, there was no particularly new décor. It was kind of just plain squares and didn't have much architecture to it. It was slightly aged but clean.

Jaydine November 21, 2013

Willow Park Assisted Living had different levels of care. My parents were in the assisted living area. If the resident had memory problems, they had a transitional program before they went to the locked unit. They met all the staff and did activities with the other residents there and they became comfortable with the area by the time they went there. The place was extremely pet friendly which was really nice since my parents had a big dog. There was a close courtyard where the residents took their dogs for walks and they did not worry about the dirt because someone else picked it up.

Judy31 May 22, 2013

Willow Park was a beautiful facility. We happened to be there when they had a little happy hour, and people were enjoying themselves. But it was more than we could afford.

KarlaRae October 03, 2012

My sisters mother in law was in this facility and they would not keep her blood sugar regulated!! She ended up in the hospital of a blood sugar level of over 750!! it ended up irreversible and was ultimately due to other complications the death of her. She also fell once in her bathroom and was not found until morning time. I can understand if you are younger and more independent this facilty may be fine but if you are older say 80plus or your health is failing this is not the place for your loved one to be for sure!!!

tensorskt July 31, 2012

I believe that this assisted living facility was the best for my mother because it has a very attentive professional staff and a lot of room to move around. The outside courtyard provides plenty of outside area for her to move around and socialize with others. The food I have heard is very good and nutritious. Also the rooms a very personalized and accommodating.

From Willow Park Assisted Living

Listening. Serving. Caring.

These things matter to you, and to us. We offer more than just a beautiful place to live. We offer a lifestyle that embraces our residents independence and offers high quality care and assistance where needed.

Our goal is to enhance the quality of life of our residents and make sure they live their lives to the fullest. We recognize that our residents require varying levels of care and assistance. We promise to tailor our community and services to the needs and preferences of each individual resident, ensuring that they continue to lead the life they want. Visit us today to start living your life to the fullest!

Features of Willow Park Assisted Living

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Cottages
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, W/D in residence

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,500/month