Hillcrest Retirement & Assisted Living

1093 S Hilton Street, Boise, ID, 83705

Reviews of Hillcrest Retirement & Assisted Living

September 01, 2016

By Melbalove

My grandma goes to Hillcrest to play bridge with a few of the ladies that lived there. They are always so accommodating to the bridge group needs like 2 tables, 4 decks of card, and a private large room. The great and very friendly staff always greets the ladies at the door to escort them to the right room so they aren't wondering around lost. The staff also provides lunch and fresh coffee, tea, water and even some afternoon snacks. Grandma is always tired when she gets home from playing cards and she says its because they just sit there and laugh the whole time. One of the times she was due to go play cards, her transport had called and cancelled due to a family emergency. When I called to tell them that she wasn't going to be there, they offered to send their facility van to pick my grandma up at our house and then bring her back when they finished. I was so shocked that they offered. It really made me feel like my grandma was not just another visitor.

September 21, 2015

By Rocky57

Zero stars. But I had to give one star for this review to go through. Worst place ever. Sure ... They all look good on a tour and all the residents that you SEE look like they are enjoying themselves. But what goes on behind closed doors ... My mother was a resident for over 3 years until she passed away. Towards the end she was unable to walk. Hillcrest assured me they could take care of her. Her room smelled of urine constantly. After her death, the administrator was let go. This was about the fifth one in 3 years. I lost count, as well as so many nurses and turnover of caretakers. Hillcrest was always getting inspections from the state and was at one time unable to accept new residents until they complied with all their actions that did not meet state standards. I could go on and on. The point is -- you really don't know until you get there and the level of care really needed.

February 10, 2015

By Sharon93900550

I really liked Hillcrest because the minute you walked in, they were right there talking to you. They'd ask you if you wanted anything to drink, and when they come to walk you around, they were really friendly. It had everything you could think of. It was smaller, but you could still feel the warmth in there. The rooms were big; they had the biggest rooms because they used to be independent living, and they changed it to assisted, so they just left the rooms the way they were.

March 26, 2014

I was very impressed with Hillcrest. I don't know if he was called the sales manager or what his title was, but he toured us through the facility, and he was very knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly. I was very impressed. The nursing staff is excellent, too. The rooms are small. They did have a menu, and you order from it, which was certainly a nice touch, rather than just having food brought to you. They try to cater to your needs. For instance, they make the liquid oxygen possible for residents to utilize. They were very friendly, helpful, and very knowledgeable.

Photos of Hillcrest Retirement & Assisted Living

Features of Hillcrest Retirement & Assisted Living

• Pets: Only Accepts Small Dogs, No Cats.

• State Licenses: RCA-1319

About Hillcrest Retirement & Assisted Living

Hillcrest provides the comfort of retired living with the security of assisted living. Hillcrest provides the comfort of retired living with the security of assisted living. Our friendly, well-trained caregiving staff is available 24 hours a day and is supported with 24/7/365 RN oversight. Our computer based resident monitoring system assists in tracking medication and assistive care needs for each resident. Safety and security come first with warm hearts and caring hands providing assistance 24/365.

As our residents' needs for assistance increase, Hillcrest is ready to provide the necessary care without making them leave their apartments. There is no need to move to a different wing of the building, nor is it necessary to move to a different location. Our caregivers come to our residents' apartments and provide the care in the comfort and privacy of their own apartment. Hillcrest also employs full-time maintenance personnel to keep the community and residents' apartments in top condition. A full-time bus driver is available to take residents to medical appointments, outings, and shopping. The Hillcrest Café provides three nutritious meals each day with snacks and a 24 hour beverage bar. Our residents can also enjoy the fireside room as they sip their coffee, read the morning newspaper, and feel the comforting warmth of the fireplace.

Our Community Offers:

• Full service beauty/barber shop is available.The Fireside Living Room-always welcoming friends and family to visit
  • The Hillcrest Café Dining Room
  • The Hillcrest Library
  • Our private dining room is always available for our residents and guests
  • The Upstairs Living Room offers chapel services or a place just to socialize
  • The Balcony is our hub of fun-Wii Games, movies, parties, card games, exercise classes
  • The Activity Room is perfect for art classes, workshops, cooking classes and projects
  • The Puzzle Nook offers excellent lighting and room for all!

What makes us different? Hillcrest is the Treasure Valley's premier Senior Care Community that provides Assisted Living Services for every resident. Connected to the heart of Boise, Idaho, Hillcrest is close to hospitals, medical offices, shopping, downtown Boise, Boise State University, public parks and lots of interesting venues. It is convenient for families and friends with easy freeway access and only a few minutes from the Boise airport.

Map of Hillcrest Retirement & Assisted Living