Assisted Living in Pequot Lakes
Heritage House of Pequot Lakes5384 COUNTRY CARE LANE, Pequot Lakes, MN
Parkview I31215 N Heath St, Pequot Lakes, MN
Hills Crossing Senior Living5307 Hills Crossing, Nisswa, MN
Good Sam Society Pine River518 Jefferson Ave, Pine River, MN
Brookside2729 State 371 SW, Pine River, MN
Riverside Villa Sr Apartments2189 WHITE PINE POINT RD SW, Pine River, MN
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Pequot Lakes area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 6 assisted living communities in the Pequot Lakes area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pequot Lakes
Pequot Lakes has an interesting history, not least of which is that its former official name was Frogtown. While its name isn't quite so fanciful now, seniors may still find this Minnesota town a great place to live. The Pequot Lakes area has 14 assisted living facilities, with two located in Pequot Lakes itself and 12 others located in neighboring towns. In Pequot Lakes, as in the rest of Minnesota, these assisted living facilities are regulated by the Minnesota Department of Health and are held to a strict set of rules and standards.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pequot Lakes
- The cost of living in Pequot Lakes is 7 percent lower than the Minnesota median and 5 percent lower than the national average. Seniors may find goods and services more affordable here than they would in some other cities.
- The crime rate in Pequot Lakes is 64 percent higher than the national average. Seniors and other residents of the area have a 1-in-22 chance of being a victim of either a violent or property crime. Statistics show that this crime rate has increased 156 percent in recent years, suggesting other locations may be safer for seniors.
- The Pequot Lakes area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Essentia Health St. Joseph's-Pequot Lakes Clinic, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The weather in Pequot Lakes is cold for much of the year, with temperatures ranging from the 20s to the 40s for many of the fall, spring and winter months. This could be problematic for seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors.
- The air quality index in Pequot Lakes is 41 percent better than the national average. Seniors with lung conditions such as COPD or asthma may find the air here easier to breathe.
- Pequot Lakes offers seniors the chance to partake in many arts and cultural activities. The Center Senior Center allows seniors to meet up with their peers to socialize or take classes.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pequot Lakes
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Pequot Lakes start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pequot Lakes and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pequot Lakes
Eligible seniors can apply for financial help for assisted living in Minnesota via programs like Minnesota Medicaid. They may also receive assistance from state programs such as the Minnesota Consumer Support Grant (CSG).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pequot Lakes
Pequot Lakes and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pequot Lakes
Pequot Lakes-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.