Can a hormone shot for weight loss cause cancer?

Bull asked...

I have heard that the hormone shot alot of people are using for weigh loss could cause cancer. What is known about this?

I don't know what hormone you are talking about. Please go into more detail.

Silludewig answered...

I know a lot of women that are doing this particular diet that includes either the hormone pill, drops or injection and have lost a lot of weight in one month, 15lbs plus. What happens when you stop taking the hormone and start eating more than the allowed 500 calories? All the weight comes back plus and lets face it you cannot have any energy at all to go to work all day on 5oo calories. It is a quick fix but not a lasting one. I would like to know if this hormone causes cancer as well but no one has responded to this question :(

Gordita answered...

I BELIEVED THAT HORMONE IS CALLED (HCG)

Dietgirl answered...

HCG diet is more involved than just 500 calories a day. If you have questions about this diet you need to go to a health care professional that adminsiters the diet and can guide you thru the process. If you just eat 500 calories per day you will have issues its is not good on your physical health. I am doing the diet and have multiple friends that had a choice of surgery / die or diet and they have done more than one run on this diet with high success and no regain of the weight. If you have questions ask your doctor or a doctor that knows. Most doctors do not know anything about this diet and there is a lot of false information on the internet.

Thegranddiva answered...

I just got off the HCG diet and it is the best thing that ever happened to me. I lost 30lbs HOWEVER common sense tells me that if I go back to my wicked ways my body will go back to how it looked. The HCG did exactly what it was suppose to do, the rest is left up to me, a lifestyle change of NOT eating sugar, and the rest of the things that worked AGAINST MY body. Everybody will find out what is best or not for their body. Everything I read about the HCG was all positive, not one bad post.