Mayview Convalescent Center

513 EAST WHITAKER MILL ROAD, Raleigh, NC, 27608

Reviews of Mayview Convalescent Center

susan clamp September 13, 2013

My Father (86) was a patient in this facility for only 5 days before he passed away after a long illness. I must say from the moment my Mother and I entered the door, we were made to feel welcome and that Dad would get the best of care. The Lady at reception is a jewel and was so kind to us from start to finish. The Nursing staff of Mayview, as well as all of the Hospice providers on site treated my Dad with care and respect. I would recommend this facility to anyone experiencing Hospice needs. If my Dad had been able to be up and about I know he would have loved the music that was performed in the main area each day I was there, The staff controlled his pain and allowed him to end his days with dignity, Thank you

chlkmh September 11, 2011

My mother is currently living in this nursing home, The Oaks at Mayview, located in Raleigh, NC. The facility was family owned and operated until 2009 and has always (since the early 1950's) had an excellent reputation, which it still does. The facility is impeccably clean and staff members are competent and very courteous. I visit at least once a week and have never, ever seen anything that was of concern to me. Their care is excellent and the residents have always seemed content, if not happy, there. They have scheduled activities and music periodically and for those who can go out, the occasional "field trip." I could not be happier with this facility, and although my mother has never been fond of being there, I know that it is the best place for her and that she is well cared for, safe, well-fed and has excellent medical care.

Deb412 August 05, 2011

A family member is currently in the care of Mayview Convalescent Center, and has been for the past couple of years. My family originally decided it would be best to put her there due to some medical and health issues, and hiring a 24 hour nurse did not make sense financially. After reviewing various options in the area, we found Mayview but they unfortunately did not have room. We decided to use another senior home care agency which, while not a complete disaster, was not exactly perfect either. Thankfully, Mayview was able to take us in after a few weeks and I couldn't be happier. The staff is extremely friendly and well trained, and they interact with the seniors in their care daily and create relationships with them. The building itself is very clean, with a bathroom, desk, drawers, television, phone, and bed in each room. Various activities are scheduled daily for the seniors to participate in if they like, and helps to really build a community and keep things fun. I really trust Mayview, and feel lucky we found such a great place.

jgflea May 25, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My mother in law stayed here for several weeks before we found her a permanent home. This facility must be the oldest convalescent facility in the area. Just looking at the facility from the outside reminded you of buildings from the early 1950's. When you get inside, you can see that the facility is pretty much held together by spit, glue and a prayer. My mother in law was put in a very small room with 2 other elderly women and you literally could not hear yourself think over the volume of their TV's. The facility was woefully understaffed and my mother in law actually escaped all the way outside twice before the staff noticed and brought her back inside. I would definitely advise people to not send their loved ones to this facility.

About Mayview Convalescent Center

Mayview Convalescent Center is a nursing home in Raleigh, NC that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Mayview Convalescent Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Mayview Convalescent Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Mayview Convalescent Center