Grande Prairie Hlth Rehab Center

10330 PRAIRIE RIDGE BLVD, Pleasant Prairie, WI, 53158

Reviews of Grande Prairie Hlth Rehab Center

January 19, 2016

By my mom suffered

I had to give this one star in order for my review to go through. If I was able to submit with no star, I would have. If you love your relative, don't send them here. The nursing assistants tormented my mother by telling her that because she also urinated with her stool specimen, it was no good. She stayed up all night to try to give a better specimen so she could finally come out of isolation. They never checked with the nursing staff, but somehow when I checked in the morning, the nurse told me it was a fine specimen. I am a nurse and I know that the diagnosis was first made with a stool specimen that also contained urine. They just lied to her to make her worry. My mother was alert and oriented but they hoped she was confused so they could deny the things they were doing to her. They refused to give her a diaper in the night because they said they didn't have a key to the storage room. Then the Director told me in the morning that they could not have given her a diaper from another resident's stock because of infection control and that it also would be fraud. So they let my mother stay awake all night with toiler paper between her legs because she was afraid of soiling herself. They took her dignity away. They could not control the temperature in her room. It was very hot. None of us could tolerate it but they nailed her window closed so she could not get fresh air. We had meetings with the staff but it was all explained away by the director, again hoping that my mother was confused, but she was not. We reported them to the state but unless you have documented proof, they just lie. Of course their charting is going to reflect something different.

November 12, 2015

By Joann987

Stay away from this place!!!! If you truly want a good experience for your loved one-go elsewhere!!!! Facility is dirty-so understaffed that patients wait a long time for attention, staff walk around like they don't want to be there, they don't take the right care of their patients, and when you voice concerns you are just either told what they think you want to hear or tell you differently. I've walked past rooms to see urine contains sitting full and multiples of them on top of the same tray people's food is put on, solid items left on the floors, and so much more. This place should be called into the health dept for an inspection!

August 24, 2015

By Opinion

I'm writing this to alert people of how terrible the care is at this Nursing Home. My relative is alert and able to tell me the facts honestly. There is never enough staff to give the care needed by the patients. On every shift, people wait for over an hour or more to get help to the toilet. Often patient's sit or lay in soiled bedding or clothes. Care givers do not wash their hands, they curse, are "rough" when doing physical cares, ignore family requests. Staff complains constantly the company won't hire more people and force the staff to work "short". Managers give an impression of not caring, concerned only with budget, not quality. The food is awful, the service is very poor. Hallways smell of urine and worse. Garbage not emptied, fresh water not passed on every shift. Confused patient's left yelling out for help and being ignored. I'm removing my relative ASAP! The state should be notified of the poor care. I have witnessed all the above on every visit I have made. Visit your loved ones often, watch the lack of care, long waits when staff is needed, listen to people complaining and see if you would want to be a patient here. I feel guilty for putting my relative in this place!

August 13, 2015

By DillyDoo

Terrible! Discharged my father-in-law and did not even provide us a list of his medications and he is on at least 10 Meds and the doses and prescriptions changed while he was there and they gave us no indication of what they are now. Left me on hold and never came back on line when I called in to get his med list. Very rude and non-caring nursing staff. Don't even deserve one star.

September 03, 2014

By nfree

Well I actually just left GP and decided to write a review on how horribly my mother was just treated, to inform people of the kind of staff that is taking care of there loved ones and it seems like (after reading the other reviews) that this is the norm around there. I am extremely disguised with the way curtain staff chose to treat people. so rude, very sarcastic, dirty looks, hickies on there necks!! very unprofessional, But the main reason I came on here was to speak of a situation that just happened , my mother (who is very soft spoken, and doesn't have a rude bone in her body) had asked a question to a nurse (who's name I should mention, but I wont) about my grandfathers medication not only did this women raise her voice but also talked to my mother like she was a child, and found it necessary to point and shake her finger in my mothers face, this is completely unexceptable and shook me to the core, my grandfather has only been there for a week but it feels like forever this has not been a pleasant experience at all, now I understand why the residence there look so unhappy. I understand how hard care taking can be but it takes a certain person, with a certain heart to be able to handle these residents with care and compassion I suggest if your there for just the pay check do my family and the current residents there a favor and check out!!!!! and the one star rating is because the site wouldn't let me submit my review without it......

March 26, 2014

My dad is in Grand Prairie for rehab, and he’s only been in there a few days. The food is average. My dad has no complaints so far with the staff.

January 29, 2014

By evh

I spent two days with a sick friend at this facility. The night staff was horrid. The RN rolled her eyes when my friend made the simplest of requests. I had to find the RN to administer medication in a timely manner. When my friend needed assistance to be put in her bed the two nursing assistants sent were both rude and incompetent. If you are unfortunate enough to have a loved one in this facility stay with them do not leave them to the tender mercy of the staff. zero stars

June 06, 2013

By Disappointed 1

After 5 years with a parent at GP, we have seen very little real concern for patients and treating them with dignity. Nursing leadership/mgt is very poor. Leadership is in denial and very defensive about any concerns. Thus, nursing staff morale seems indifferent to patients. Usually some good CNA's on the wing make up for poor nursing staff, but not always. Unfortunately, many slackers on staff (those who are just trying to do as little as possible to get by) is apparent. No doubt it is a very difficult job, but if its not the type of work they take pride in doing right and to the best of their ability, they should find another profession. The building & grounds are kept very nice.

August 06, 2012

By pdqmom

My mom was at this facility for 6 and a half years. There was good and bad points here. Most of the nurses that work here are pretty good. My favorite was Sue on second shift. She would explain anything I had a question about and when the time came that we knew time was getting short we worked together to limit her medications.. She told me what to expect and the hospice staff was great also..The booklet that they gave the family was so very helpful...It told us what to expect and it was right on the money. The cna's are the ones who do the hard work. There is also a huge turnover in employees...I talked to mom about transferring to a different nursing home but she would have no part of it.... ON THE OTHER HAND THE FOOD HERE WAS NOT GOOD AT ALL.....I COMPLAINED AT EVERY REVIEW AND IT DID NOT SEEM TO MATTER.....EVER HIT A GRILL CHEESE ON THE TABLE AND HAVE IT SOUND LIKE A ROCK...FOR WHAT THESE RESIDENT PAY WHICH WAS ALL OF MY MOMS LIFE SAVINGS THE LEAST THEY SHOULD DO IS HAVE GOOD FOOD...

April 11, 2012

By lostmydad

First off I would like to give Zero Stars! My Dad was put here on a Friday for rehab after hospital stay. He was put in the residential wing and put in a bed and left there. I was appauled at the way my father was treated. I made several un announced visits to other rehab facilites the next day to move him first thing Monday morning. Sadly On my way in Monday am, My dad was called to a better place. Dad was only 68 years old. He was fighting Cancer, and shouldve had more time with us here. My best advice? dont put your loved one into a facility on a Friday. Not much can be done on weekends.. apparantly Social workers only work Mon-Fri.. go check out these facilities in person, dont take anyone elses word for it, stop in without an apt.. Trust your gut...

December 19, 2011

By foxieroxie

the people in charge of this home are arrogent and rude to the family members. they are poorly informed and pushy rude to a extreem. the people in lower positions are much better. some have been rude snobs but over all there the back bone of the place. they took the good tv package from the residents. and gave them a junk package all the time taking there entire social security check and very good genoruse pensions yet they take tv what many do 80% of the time at there age how petty these big wigs are to save a buck like that. boooooooogus.

Features of Grande Prairie Hlth Rehab Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Grande Prairie Hlth Rehab Center

Grande Prairie Hlth Rehab Center is a nursing home in Pleasant Prairie, WI that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Grande Prairie Hlth Rehab Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Grande Prairie Hlth Rehab Center