Dry Harbor Nursing Home

Top Nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Dry Harbor Nursing Home

August 09, 2016

By erwin.f

I would like to express my appreciation for all the hard work the Dry Harbor Nursing Home staff put in to help my wife & I while we were in their care. The second floor nurses and aides did a phenomenal job, especially Kim, Marsha, & Debbie. Jaleesa, the social worker, was so kind and helpful with getting doctors appointments and transportation for us. I would gladly recommend Dry Harbor Nursing Home to anyone. Thank you so much for all your support during this stressful time in our lives.

August 04, 2016

By annemarieRZ

My mother recently finished a wonderful stay at Dry Harbor Nursing Home & Rehabilitation Center. I was very pleased to find that the 4th floor staff was so caring, cooperative, and kind. When I visited, I left knowing that my mom was in good hands. This gave me solace during what would have otherwise been a much more difficult time. The supervisor of nurses was beyond capable and always willing to extend herself to meet my mom's needs and answer my questions. I am greatly appreciative to her for providing exceptional care and a cooperative spirit. I was especially close with the 4th floor's social worker. I found her to be compassionate and highly capable of providing the support my mom needed to recover. I am so grateful to her for listening and helping my mom receive what she needed during her stay and even after her discharge. Her service made a huge difference in our lives. She is a beautiful human being that I feel blessed to have met and she is an incredible asset to your rehabilitation center.

August 03, 2016

By JamesC26

I am so pleased to be writing this after receiving extraordinary care at the Dry Harbor Center. After suffering a near-death illness, the prospect of going for long term rehabilitation seemed daunting given that nothing like this had ever happened to me before. Well, after weeks with your fabulous team of Nurses, CNAs, Physical Therapists, Dieticians, and Social Workers, I am pleased to say that my situation is improving. Special commendation must be given to RNs Riva, Maya, Elizabeth, and Kim, along with CNAs Mary, Marcia, and Daphne who attended to the details that got me back to good health. I am so grateful for the encouragement offered by the PTs Cecilia and Ted. Elza the dietician took good care of my gastronomic demands, and Jaleesa my social worker was always there working on my behalf. There are no words to adequately express my gratitude for all that has been done for me. Please extend my thanks to everyone mentioned and ensure that my assessment is conveyed to the leadership of Dry Harbor. Again, thank you.

July 31, 2016

By kathleen.s

The therapists were very understanding & helpful, and they showed great patience in my recovery. In addition, the aides were very good at promptly addressing my calls. I would especially like to point out Ms. Childs. She not only helped me when I was at my worst, but she saw to it that I got what I needed before I even had to ask. She is an angel and a prize among your staff. I would like it if you let her know. Thank you once again.

January 04, 2016

By researchstage26

I am currently reviewing all of the options for my great aunt's care, and as part of my research, I recently visited Dry Harbor Nursing Home & Rehabilitation Center. While it is a bit farther from my New Jersey home than I'd like, I was very impressed with the facilities. The staff was courteous, everything was clean and sanitary, and the residents seemed to be very happy. The fact that I'm still considering it despite the distance should tell you all you need to know about my impressions of the business.

December 31, 2015

By happydaughter77

Dry Harbor is so much better than the other facilities we saw in the research stage. First of all, they are not a chain - they actually focus on the care of their patients / clients. Despite having 360 beds, they have get processes in place to make sure every resident gets their fair share of attention. I think the thing that shocked me the most is that the food served there was actually good! That was a very pleasant surprise. The only downside is the elevator which could use replacing.

July 28, 2015

By sosadsad

This is the worst nursing home. My mother has been there 2 months. I have called the social worked repeatedly. Ms. Sanchez. She never calls me back. Food is awful. Staff is rude and unprofessional. A kennel would be a better choice.

January 14, 2015

By famousone

Do not send ur love ones here. The staff is lazy and unprofessional. The social workers r only in it for the money. My dad stayed there for three months and was put on several sort of medication that decreased his mobility. The doctors there just medicate the residents like zombies so everyone can stand around talking. WORK PLACE EVER!!!! Wish I could give a zero...

January 16, 2014

By Liammc

Overall, Dry Harbor Nursing Home is one of the better facilities that I have visited. The building is extremely clean and neat. The residents' rooms contained many items of state of the art medical equipment. In addition, the decor was much more welcoming than in some other places I have seen. There is a very large staff, and all members of the staff are qualified, friendly, and have an excellent rapport with the residents. The staff goes to great lengths to make the residents feel at home. They even offer large dinners on holidays so that the residents can still play host to their loved ones! This place was great!

July 31, 2012

By SupaSteve

This place was very nice. Everything was very clean and there was a nice smell in the air. The staff was very helpful to me, telling me about the patients, who to stay away from and who would benefit the most from talking to me. The people who are housed here are also very nice, except for a few who are not all there mentally, however these people are few and far between. It was a very nice place to visit and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

May 09, 2012

By amalya

This was one of the worst places that I have ever been too. When I entered the facility there was no one at the front desk and when someone did appear there was yelling involved. There are four elevators and every time that we went there they had only two working. The food was bad we saw feces on the floor and when I was in the dinning room there was not enough staff. I also found some of the staff very rude and not caring. The good points the pt was great and caring ,and the volunteers were pleantiful and nice

About Dry Harbor Nursing Home

Dry Harbor Nursing Home is a nursing home in Middle Village, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Dry Harbor Nursing Home for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Dry Harbor Nursing Home