Avante At Boca Raton, Inc.

1130 NW 15th Street, Boca Raton, FL, 33486

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Avante At Boca Raton, Inc.

Osb2323 December 24, 2014

My mom was a resident there for 2 months, she had suffered a stroke and was unable to move her right side and communicate. I was there everyday to make sure that she was being taken care of. This rehab center has good therapy but lousy medical care. I had to keep on top if things on daily base, even with me there, she barely received the treatments prescribed by her doctor. I would never recommend this facility to anyone....

abocabae December 08, 2014

My dad was a resident in the facility at Avante- He came in the facility for rehabilitation. He had a private room and it was beautiful. The therapy staff was nice and understanding. They really worked hard to rehab my dad back to previous status. They communicated with me and helped my dad get home. I want to say that all the staff was so nice, I was in shock, anything I asked for they gave us. Thank you so much Avante for helping my loved one get back to previous condition.

Madams124 November 06, 2014

Wow what a change !!! The new administrator there really had made a difference.. The staff was kind and she ensured my every need was met.. Thank you so much to the new staff at Boca!! You made my stay wonderful and surpassed your previous reputation .. Thank you

JHip July 06, 2014

I came in over a holiday weekend. I was greated with friendly faces and brought right to my room! Private rooms with on suite bathroom older building. No updates. At lease private. Nurses are friendly and willing to help get you comfortable. CNA's help with beds & bath chores. PT & OT is friendly and helpful people in their gym. Food could be better, but I do have a flair for upscale meals with more nutrition for my own personal health issues. So aspect it's a decent place to Rehab for short term like me, but you can have a longer term living also which has daily activities and more interaction with the staff. I was pleased that they let me heal & recover from surgery peacefully! Thank You Avante for all you have done for me!! xo

BusyGuy469 April 19, 2014

My wife entered this facility in relatively good health in need of physical and Respiratory rehab, but on a ventilator (Avante was only 1of 2 skilled nursing facilities that would accept a patient on a vent). Eleven days later (Sunday) she was taken to the ER and ICU at BRRH to be treated for low blood pressure, low blood counts, urinary infection. full bladder and colon. It took bags of normal saline and another chemical for low blood pressure along with two units of BLOOD to restore normal counts, intense antibiotics to fight the infection to get her back to where she was prior to entry to Avante. I had arrived at 11:00 AM on both Sundays, and on both she had not been attended to, but once I arrived they hustled to get her cleaned up and ready for the day. On the second Sunday, her last day there, I told the nurse who was dispensing medication that the patient was comatose, not responding to my efforts to waken her. Only at my intense urging did she finally call the doctor (3-4 hours later), who did not come, but instead ordered her to be taken to the hospital for evaluation.
Most of the other commentators refer to the poor physical condition of the facility, and yes they are accurate. Windows look as though they have never been washed, stains on the walls from rusting AC, but I thought I could overlook these outside failings, but the outside appearance appears to extend to the patient care. This place should be a last resort for a loved one. While some of the staff appear to be caring, the overall "skilled nursing facility" is disappointing.

12367 October 21, 2013

This has got to be the absolute worst rehab place ever!The staff is extemely rude and they could care less about the residents! After talking with the mgr. things were still the same and he really didn't care either! I wouldn't put my worst enemy in this dirty dump!!! I only hope they wake up and put a mgr. in there that can change before they shut it down. Dirty and horrible care for the elderly!!!!

Caring5176 March 29, 2013

When my mother was about to be discharged from the hospital, a case worker suggested Avante at Boca Raton. My mother was then accommodated in the facility. Incidentally, it was also close to where I lived so I could visit her at any time. The staff tried their best to take care of the residents. The workers were warm with my mom, which is why she liked it there so much. My mother got a shared room. Although, I never tasted the food in the facility, it looked decent and palatable. I would suggest that they clean the rooms every day.

lilria November 07, 2012

My grandmother fell at her home a few weeks back. She was taken to the local hospital by way of ambulance. She was only at the hospital for one day and then they transferred her to Avante of Boca Raton, Florida. It is an assisted living and skilled nursing and rehabilitation center. I was personally not at all impressed with this facility. The building was a little run down and the parking was scarce. However, there was valet parking, which was one of the only perks. I found the staff to be very rude, inattentive and overall careless. Needless to say, I saw no "bedside manner"portrayed whatsoever. At one point we were actually waiting for over 30 minutes for service. I never did have the pleasure, or quite possibly displeasure, of meeting any of the physicians.

ariadnalun July 21, 2011

This place is a joke! my mother is staying there and I have asked for her to be released after only 5 days of being there. The place is dirty, the food is so bad my mom has lost weight. They take forever to come help and sometimes never come. My mother has to keep reminding them to give her her BP medication. They do not take care of their patients, thank God my mom is lucid and in good health and doesn't really have any emergencies. My mother is getting therapy on her legs and she broke HER ARMS. Her legs are perfect. Doctor told me today that therapist had informed her she can only walk 50 feet...again, she broke her ARMS no her legs. She walks around the center, she walks walks walks like a healthy 61 year old walks. Wow, this is my first experience in nursing homes and it's been scary!!!

H Goldberg July 15, 2009

My loved one stayed here

Medicaid patient received minimal care and we moved her after 5 months. Breakfast food still on clothes/face at 11 AM. Short staffed on weekends, so patient not taken out of bed for entire weekend. Little to no therapy. Once Medicaid status approved, could not get refund of money paid during "medicaid pending" status -- still on-going after 3 months of endless excuses. New administrator cares and is helpful but other office staff rude and unhelpful. Place looks shabby and parking is a problem.

About Avante At Boca Raton, Inc.

Avante At Boca Raton, Inc. is a nursing home in Boca Raton, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Avante At Boca Raton, Inc. for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Avante At Boca Raton, Inc.

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Avante At Boca Raton, Inc.