Payment

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From The Oaks of Athens

The Oaks of Athens is the premiere part of Athens' newest and most inclusive planned Senior Living Community. The center is designed to support an all-encompassing physical rehabilitation program that promotes a swift return to wellness in a beautifully designed environment. All the comforts you need are located within the same community – just north of the 10 Loop and the Athens Country Club in picturesque Athens, Georgia: rated one of the Top 25 Places to Retire by Forbes Magazine and CNN Money.

Reviews of The Oaks of Athens

Posted by D. A. Salinas May 25, 2015
1.0

My Mother has CHF with the right Diet and care she can live a normal life. Well after arriving here in stable condition for rehabilation. She actually became worse. She swollen up so big she couldn't even bend her legs. I. Stayed with her for a few hours and noticed a lot about this place. I ate the same thing my Mom did. PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR LOVE ONE HERE!!!!!!!! She was served salt filled food. Ice cream for her Diabetes. The DIRECTOR OF NURSING L I E D. to me about her Doctor. She said she called him and that he would be there in the morning. He didn't show up. I called his office and he didn't even know she was in there. I told him her condition and he was there 7:00 am removing her from the Oak. She was told by the nursing staff to pee in the bed three times and then we will come change you. My Mom was walking the day before. She was so doped up we couldn't understand what she was saying. The night before she left. I called the Nurse attending her about the way she was being treated because she called me and complained. The nurse said she apologized to my Mom and said it would not happen again. Well my Mom calling me would not happen again. The battery was removed from her cell phone. Her Doctor removed that morning and she will never go back there. Three days later she is doing so much better she can walk again and is talking normal and can breath. They almost killed her. BEWARE. BEWARE BEWARE. A SHINY penny isn't always Shiney.

Posted by georgiacat May 19, 2015
1.0

Horrified by the 'quality' of 'care' here. Blood stained sheets that aren't changed for a week, urine on the bathroom floor that doesn't get mopped up, and leaving patients in days-old clothing with urine stains are just some of the issues. Staff never find the time to take phone calls or call back after multiple messages. There's no organization or communication, either. Totally shocked, disgusted and this facility is in violation of numerous state standards. Don't let the nice buildings or landscaping fool you.

Posted by NannyT May 17, 2015
1.0

I recently had a relative that was at the Oaks for rehab. During his stay there, his health severely declined in less than 2 weeks. The care he received was not up to standards. During several visits, he stated that he was being mistreated. He said, "I am an old man, and they shouldn't treat me this way." I brought it to their attention that he needed a doctor to look at him. After getting attention from a doctor, he was taken to the hospital where he was admitted with severe CHF. He had two bedsores that are now being treated. The Oaks need to pay closer attention to their patients and more qualified staff need to be hired to take care of their aging clients. This nursing home is getting paid for patient care and the patients are not getting it the way they should. If my relative had not been sent to the hospital when he did, he would not be with us now. To anyone who is considering the Oaks for their loved ones, please think about it in great depth. My relative will not be going back. The outside hides what is going on inside.

Posted by Gabby23 May 12, 2015
1.0

The oaks may be a beautiful and friendly place but that is all. If you are there just for rehab after minor surgery and you have no other health issues you might be ok. However, you have better have family members in there daily. The care is substandard and the nurses are unqualified due to having only a two year degree. When my father was there his conditioned worsened drastically within a few hours and they were unconcerned and would have let him slip into a comma had we not been there and had him moved immediately to a hospital. It is like most other nursing homes you put people there to die. We expected more from this place. Meals were hours late. My father was not turned or moved for 2 days. There is no communication among the staff and they don't even read the orders or info on the patients.

Posted by Betty boup April 13, 2015
4.0

The facility is very nice and well appointed. I loved the large and comfortable room with the bathroom designed specifically for handicap use. The staff were unfailingly nice and made efforts to provide the necessary care even though---and this seems universal in care facilities---they were somewhat understaffed. I always received care, just not always as timely as I might have wished. I thought the food was very nice with choices for each meal. There was also an option of eating in the lovely dining room or in ones room. The physical therapy seemed to be more than adequate ; the PT room was nicely laid out with modern equipment. The discharge process was a bit confusing and slow but did proceed with the needed equipment - wheelchair- sent home with me. Overall I would definitely recommend The Oaks to anyone needing after hospital care. I was there over 2 wks and it was a positive experience. I doubt that there is a better facility anywhere near Athens.

Posted by mhrabitsch January 20, 2015
3.0

Lovely place and my mother is making progress nicely but it's been 2 days and no one has returned my call concerning care plans or specific information I've requested. Night coverage meets federal requirements but can be a little slow to respond.

Posted by kalenza December 25, 2014
4.0

I lived at The Oaks for 6 weeks for Physical Therapy and that department on a scale of 1 to 10 they are a 12. The only problem I had with The Oaks was they didn't have enough employee to attend to the residents in a timely manner.

Posted by Cch10 December 20, 2014
3.0

Food is always cold by time it gets to my room. The physical therapist are very good. Providers are nice. I don't think they have enough help.

Location of The Oaks of Athens