Brookdale North Oaks

300 Village Center Drive, North Oaks, MN, 55127

Reviews of Brookdale North Oaks

June 16, 2012

By Shavontay Keomany

Having never visited a nursing home or assisting living facility in my life, I had a bad image in my head. I thought that people that lived in nursing homes were treated badly by the staff. After visiting North Oaks, my perception changed. The staff were very friendly, kind and helpful. They had different activities set up for the residents. I stayed to have dinner with my grandmother and the food was great. My grandmother did not have any bad things to say.

April 25, 2012

By April2

My family and I visited my husband's grandmother several times over the few months that she was living at the facility. The staff was always very generous with their time and were wonderful to her and to use when we would visit. They facility was very clean, nicely decorated, they had great food, and excellent staff. They had a lot of activities and made sure that the residents were not bored while they were there. They brought in things for the residents to do and they arranged off site events as well. She always had nice things to say about the employees and about the place and when she passed away her nurse even came to the funeral. The grounds were really nice and they were well cared for just like the inside of the facility. The rooms were nice sized as well and I don't think that she would have received better care elsewhere.

Features of Brookdale North Oaks

• Activities Extra: Monthly Family And Friends Night

• Spanish

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6 To 1
  • Minimum Age: Assessed Individually

• Licenses: Class F license

About Brookdale North Oaks

At Brookdale North Oaks we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That's why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer's and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer's and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer's and dementia care programs at Brookdale North Oaks are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.

Alzheimer's and dementia care specialists meeting individual daily needs of residents to the end of life. Dedicated associates have training and experience providing person centered care as the residents' needs progress. Residents enjoy a daily Life Enrichment Program of meaningful activities to enhance their self-esteem and maintain their sense of purpose.

Map of Brookdale North Oaks