Somerford Place of Fresno Memory Care

Reviews of Somerford Place of Fresno | Memory Care

Overview of Ratings

4.4

January 13, 2015

We have visited Somerford Place of Fresno. The place is an Alzheimer's unit with a high level of care for the patients living there. They are just fine. The staff is accommodating.

November 15, 2013

By kido

My husband has been at Somerford Place in Fresno for 3 years. I had experience or had visited most other facilities in the area, when caring for my parents and in laws. When I visited Somerford Place, I knew it was the BEST place for my husband who has memory loss. The food and care is superior. The administrator and staff are the BEST in the Central Valley. When an emergency happens, they know what to do. When he was hospitalized with emergency surgery, the top 2 administrators came and sang to him. His blood pressure suddenly became normal with their soothing and comforting music. I can never thank them enough for all they do for my husband. He never sang or danced until he came to Somerford. Now he is their star, singing, humming and dancing to the music they provide. Music is the best therapy for Alzheimer's patients. They also know when the medications are correct. My husband was over medicated at first and they alerted me to the problem. With their help, he is now more alert and enjoying his surroundings. I can't recommend or thank them enough!

November 13, 2013

By Morten

My mother has been a resident at Somerford place for approximately 2 1/2 years. She has received excellent care while being there, the staff is extremely kind and caring! I go every Wednesday to have lunch with her – the meals are excellent! The planned events are fun and all the family is invited – a great time to build memories with your loved one. It is a wonderful environment, one that you feel secure having your loved one in. I would highly recommend it to anyone!

September 01, 2012

By Martha J

This marvelous facility provides day care, seminars for families and caregivers and community members and has 4 living quarters separated only to make the quantity of persons living in each section less than the total of the whole facility. Individualized care is provided around the clock. The staff are real persons and are of high caliber in the fields of care, compassion, concern, attentiveness and capability. I highly recommend Somerford. Highly.

June 09, 2012

By pgsunshine

Somerford is a wonderful place. The staff is exceptional, has a lot of integrity, and take great pride in the care they provide for residents. The facilities include: - A secure entrance/exit - A lovely backyard with walking paths and benches - Community/activity room, dining rooms, tv rooms, and a hair salon - Families can opt to have hair cuts and/or pedicures on a weekly or monthly basis - For a small fee, family members can ask to dine at the residence when visiting or bring in their own food for a meal at no extra cost. - Hospice services are welcome at Somerford for end of life care. For example, when visiting my mother we would like to have 'picnics' where we brought in our own lunch or dinner to share with mom. So, the staff would set up a table for our family in a separate room where we could dine with our mother. They also have great daily activities that include both residents and those interested in adult day care. This included DJ's that played Big Band music for singing and those who could dance, physical fitness activities, manicure day, and arts and crafts. Our family highly recommends Somerford and encourage you to visit for a tour by calling ahead.

February 27, 2012

By AmiR4663

Talk about impressive, this is one! I was given a tour by a very sweet marketing director who knew the names of all of the patients. I really like the set up. There are two sections with 2 pods each decorated with a different theme so that residents can remember where their room is and section has its own kitchen stocked with snacks, microwaves, and crock pots of soup. This is made to feel like a home with backyard patios and paths (very well groomed all of the fall leaves had been picked up unlike others I've seen). Because of the Alzheimer's care, security is tight. The rooms are mostly private with memory boxes at each doorway. There were two activity directors preparing for Xmas festivities that night. I witnessed joking amongst the patients and staff. The executive director even came out to greet me, he was very nice. I would most definitely recommend this facility, 5 stars for sure!

Let Us Search For You

• Minimum Age: None
    • Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 107200867

About Somerford Place of Fresno

At Somerford Place, we understand the challenges for those living with memory loss and for the people who love them. Providing care and support twenty-four hours a day takes a great amount of energy, emotional strength and a great deal of support. Our award-winning Bridge to Rediscovery® program helps give people with Alzheimer's and other types of dementias the specialized care they need as they rediscover the joy in everyday life. We have day, overnight and live-in options to fit any of your needs.

Montessori approach to Memory Care