To give you the added boost of confidence you need, we are now offering $1,000 in monthly savings*. If you make the decision to move in by May 31, 2015, you'll save $7,000 by the end of the year.-------------------*Offer applies only to select apartments. Recipients must move-in or take financial possession of an apartment by May 31, 2015 to be eligible for this incentive. A credit of $1,000 will be applied each month to the Basic Service Rate for your selected apartment beginning in the month of June, 2015 and ending in December 2015.
Payment

Payment Options

Contact for details

Availability

Availability

Accepting inquiries

From Brookdale Vernon Hills

Brookdale Vernon Hills provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Reviews of Brookdale Vernon Hills

Posted by Caring104869150 April 30, 2015
4.0

It was very attractive and well-appointed. When you walk in, it's very inviting, and the people were friendly. I had a very nice tour. The person who took me around was very informative. The rooms were very well-appointed and very nice. They just put $2M dollars into it to update, paint, and things like that. It was very fresh looking, and it has all the amenities that most of the other places have as far as a game room and a lot of things available for the residents as far as getting together to play chess or exercise class or anything like that. They have a really pretty dining room, and right in the middle of the building, there was an atrium that has a really pretty pool with a little waterfall; it was very nice to walk through there. It was very serene.

Posted by Eddy1 April 07, 2015
4.0

Brookdale Vernon Hills is good. I like it here. The staff has been pretty good to me. We have lots of activities like playing bridge or watching movies. I have a one-bedroom apartment.

Posted by Caring102828950 December 10, 2014

I visited my sister-in-law when she was in The Park in Vernon Hills, and I thought that was very good. She liked it, and she was able to transition from independent living to assisted living.  Unfortunately, she has passed away now, but I thought it was very good while she was there.

Posted by Caring11222014_02 November 30, 2014

The Park in Vernon Hills was very nice too. I was there at least a year ago. It’s a lovely place. The thing that attracted me was the indoor rain forest; it was really beautiful. It has an indoor pool that you can use too. When I was there, it was 3 below 0, and there were people swimming so that was really the main thing that I was interested in. The person who took me around was very nice. She’s been in touch two or three times, but at that time my husband was in a nursing home, and I was just planning ahead to what my future might hold. I saw the apartments; it was very nice. A very nice lady was hospitable to let us in. You bring your own furniture as far as I understand. There’s plenty to do; you can choose to do what you want or nothing -- it’s entirely up to you. They have a nice exercise program, happy hour on Fridays, transportation, and trips to entertainment and stores. They also have a lovely atrium area.

Posted by JS5 September 29, 2014
4.0

The facility was very active and alive during my two visits. The employees were friendly and helpful. The hallways seemed dark and maneuverability around the elevators was narrow (especially for a walker).

Posted by Barbim42 September 29, 2013
3.0

The Park had one apartment that matched what we wanted. However, it was dark, dreary and dingy. We came in at the time that people were going in to eat and it was like sharks at a feeding frenzy. They were tripping over each other trying to get in the dining room first. The staff was very good and their amenities were great. If the bus was busy and you needed some place to go, there was a chauffer car that would take you. They had activities but I wasn't impressed with the environment of the entire community.

Posted by Melissa6 August 25, 2013
4.0

The Park at Vernon Hills was very nice. They had a rain forest at one area with all the trees in the middle. It was in the main lobby; it was surrounded by the room and it was lovely. They had plenty of space for parties and they had happy hours as well as weddings. Their food was very good. They had activities like arts, entertainment and exercise. They also had shopping trips. The only trouble that I had with them was that their rooms were very small.

Posted by Bertine October 29, 2012

I just placed my daughter in The Park at Vernon Hills, so right now I'm still assessing things. It's closer to my home, I can be there in 15 minutes or so. It offers everything and anything I could have wished for. I actually have her in the independent living program there. They offer a lot of social activities, taking them out into the community regularly, they go out to local restaurants with live theater performance. It's been absolutely wonderful.

It's close to beautiful rainforest. They have swimming pools, saunas, they do bingos, and they got every kind of club. She's in the walking club. It's a big property, so there are plenty of places for her to walk around safely. They have many options more than what she really needs. My daughter's problems were too many brain injury with short-term memory problems. But she's functional enough to have an appreciation for a small studio apartment she has and the activities. The food is like going to the Hyatt Hotel. She has two meals a day, they do Sunday brunch. Nothing is depressing about the place and nothing that gives you an opinion of old. It's a very ideal situation.

Posted by rueffingserious June 27, 2012

The place is completely beautiful. It almost feels like a resort while being there, especially the amenities. They have beautiful community rooms and crafts room. But my personal favorite, and my grandfather's too, is their indoor pool just because it has a waterfall. The staff there is so great as well. They are all very kind and always willing to help out. They all emanate this positive vibe out of them, it makes their guests and everyone living there feel relaxed and safe. They provide so many different activities that it's almost impossible to spend a day being bored. Their activities range from book clubs to fitness to even guest speakers. They also provide great assistance/services with barbers, errands, deliveries, meals, transportation, house keeping, wellness programs, respite care, and so forth. Their amenities include dining rooms, resident parking, common areas, spas, visiting areas, smoke detectors and so many other things. It's a little bit expensive, but it's worth every penny.

Posted by valpal September 30, 2011
4.0

My Grandfather lives in one of the prettiest assisted living facilities I have ever seen. He is staying at The Park in Lincolnshire and From the out side the place looks like your average facility. When you walk in, you are transformed. The setting inside looks like a rain forest, with a real atrium that is just amazing. Every apartment has a view of the plants, and in the middle of the atrium is a pool and a waterfall. Aside from looks, the staff seems to really care. They are always saying hi to people and all seem really patient. There are also a ton of activities for the seniors to do, anything from bingo to seeing live music. I visit my grandfather once a week, and I always take my two young children (ages 4&5). They love it there. They walk through the atrium (or they like to call it the jungle), they usually swim, and they love saying hi to everyone who lives there. Overall, I would say this is just a lovely place to live, and my grandfather can never stop bragging about how he is the one that lives there.

Location of Brookdale Vernon Hills