Brookdale Hawthorn Lakes | Independent Living

10 E Hawthorn Pkwy, Vernon Hills, IL, 60061

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of Brookdale Hawthorn Lakes | Independent Living

Caring53909750 April 26, 2014

My mother is in Hawthorn Lakes, and they are terrific. We chose it because it is local. It is incredible how much they have going on there. They have card games, interactive games, dances, music, poker, bridge, and pool. They have outings. They have a theatre. They have book study clubs. You name it, they have it. They have nice rooms. Everything is clean and well-kept. They are awesome and amazing. I cannot say anything bad about them.

Caring72870850 March 28, 2014

At Hawthorn Lakes, we were able to get into an apartment that is over 1000 square feet, which is still small, but it is larger than any we could have gotten at other places. This facility is independent living with a little bit of help. It is a little bit pricey though, but it is worth it. We are happy with everything. We did have a few minor problems when we came in with the computer getting hooked up and stuff like that. Also, the telephone system could be improved too. They have a lot of activities there. Unfortunately, about two to three weeks after we checked in, my wife began to have little problems with her MS, and she has been in bed most of the time since then. We haven't really participated in any of their activities. Before that though, she played bingo. They have bingo once or twice a week. They show movies. We would like to watch some of them, but we can't get out to that because we have to get my wife in and out of bed for everything and it is very tough on her. Overall, I think it is a very nice place. It is also very clean. The people who work there are very friendly. They know my name. Most of the people who I passed by in the lobby or dining room would say hi to me. This place just has a very nice, friendly atmosphere. The staff here is much more personally involved. They are much better.

Joya L. December 30, 2013

I move my parents last June in Hawthorn Lakes. It is a Brookdale community. I personally enjoy the staff and the cleanliness of the facility. The cost is very reasonable and most important for my parents is the location. I have nothing but good things to say about them. The treat my parents like family. They always had activities every day. Today mommy is telling me about two activities they have. It is not just "let's go downstairs and let's exercise", but two parties. She is constantly going in and out of their apartment.

They have two meals without extra cost. You can have breakfast, lunch or dinner. Then can also have three meals a day and if my parents doesn't want to go to the dining room, the can request room service for additional charge. The food is good and the portions are perfect for their age. My husband walks away hungry when we join them for dinner. But my parents have never complained that they didn't have enough to eat. They do have a kitchen and my parents have stove and refrigerator. They just don't have a dishwasher. But that's okay because we don't want them to cook. So, it is awesome. I will recommend them. If you have older parents, that's where they got to go.

Charlotte13 September 25, 2013

I liked the apartments at Hawthorn Lakes because they were beautiful. The staff was very nice. The food was good. They had different activities. However, in their independent living facility, the parking was too far away. I would recommend it to people who could walk far to go to the parking area.

Barbim42 August 26, 2013

This is one of the nicest places to live. Beautiful and spacious apartments.

From Brookdale Hawthorn Lakes

Brookdale Hawthorn Lakes provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Location of Brookdale Hawthorn Lakes