Summerfield Estates | Tigard, OR

11205 SW Summerfield Dr, Tigard, OR, 97224

Reviews of Summerfield Estates | Tigard, OR

Caring8500 June 16, 2015

We went to Summerfield, which is a bit too far out, but it is doable. It was lovely and decorated nicely as well. We do have a small to medium sized dog, and they thought that they could accommodate it. One thing that we did not like was that there were a few steps. We would prefer no steps. They have continuing care if one of us gets worse; continuing care would be a plus for us. We are not that anxious to get onto somebody's list yet, but we would be fine with Summerfield. The staff was absolutely and totally accommodating. I give them a four since I haven't had a lot of experiences with other places, therefore I cannot give them a five.

Apalled July 05, 2014

My experience with Summerfield Estates retirement community has been anything but positive. Their management team, I believe a married couple, seem to be most interested in PR rather than the true comfort, happiness and health of their residents.

While I was visiting their facility one of their residents had an "accident" upon leaving the dining hall after lunch. Instead of calling a qualified carpet cleaning company I had the misfortune to watch one of their unfortunate employees have to clean the "trail" by hand while other residents were still eating just feet away. Disgusting! One would think they would have an electric shampooer for this kind of occurrence. If this is the way they treat their employees just imagine how they treat their residents once they have that signed contract! If the proper authorities were contacted I'm sure they would still find feces embedded in the carpet just outside the dining room and the sitting area in the lobby.

Don't be fooled. This is not where you want your loved ones to spend their golden years. The only gold is going into the coffers of whomever owns Summerfield Estates retirement.

My humble advise would be to do some well advised research and find a more suitable, healthful and happy home for your parents. I'm sure they did the same for you and they deserve the best in their latter years.

linda sharpe February 26, 2014

Summerfield was a wonderful experience. Price within my budget. The food was good. Very pleasant décor and wonderful landscaping. Lots of activities. I had a nice get well card from their management team wishing me well. It?s that personal touch but I think it?s true from the heart. My surgery reminded her of the surgery she had had and so she wished me the best. You don?t see that in many businesses but in this, they do. They got that genuine, caring attitude. Summerfield, from the budget standpoint, would be a 5. I plan keeping it in the contention on my top three.

Rosemary9 July 30, 2013

We didn't like Summerfield. We hated everything. We hated the food. We didn't like the setup.

caring010619 June 25, 2013

We lived in Summerfield for a year and a half. It was a 55 and older community. They had apartments for renters and they also had homes that people can buy and then they had the estates which was where the assisted living facility is located. There is also a golf course. It was beautiful and everything was well maintained.

Kehmar September 13, 2012

When we entered we were greeted by friendly staff. The building was in good repair and surprisingly didn't smell like old people. There is a library area with a fireplace that my grandmother enjoyed sitting in. One of the aspects of Summerfield that my grandmother particularly enjoyed was the meal times. They hire local teens to be servers and she really enjoyed the contact she had with them. The meals were well balanced for everyone with many options for people with different dietary needs. She always raved about the food and would talk about the menu constantly.She also enjoyed her balcony and the view of the nearby golf course and loved having some flowers around her (we had got some flower pots to hang on her railng and she loved them). The whole building is full of nice touches of home that makes the place feel inviting and comforting.

From Summerfield Estates

Offering all-inclusive retirement living at an affordable price, Summerfield Estates is residential community designed for active seniors on the go. We are centrally located in the Portland metropolitan area just minutes from restaurants, hospitals, the shops at the Tigard Promenade and Highway 99.

As a Sunshine Retirement Living Community, Summerfield Estates shares the same mission to be a preferred senior living provider through offering choice, value and independence to each of our valued residents.

Featured Amenities

Our deluxe apartment homes are available in a selection of studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans. Apartments are pet-friendly and feature modern kitchenettes, private bathrooms and select units come with their private patio or balcony. All homes are also equipped with an emergency call system for added peace of mind.

As a resident of Summerfield Estates, you can take advantage of our many community features such as daily social activities, complimentary Wi-Fi and on-site beauty services. In addition to our many on-site amenities, you’ll also receive a membership to the Summerfield Estates Clubhouse which offers tennis, swimming, golf and other fitness activities.

Available Services

Unlike most other independent retirement communities, meals are an integral part of the all-inclusive lifestyle at our community. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are prepared fresh each day and brought right to your table in our elegant community dining room.

By providing transportation to appointments and shopping, weekly housekeeping services, linen changing and daily meal service, we allow you to spend less of your time doing everyday chores and more time living life the way you want to live it. Our caring managers live right on site and are available 24/7 to ensure you are able to make the most out of your time with us.

Come and experience retirement living at its finest at Summerfield Estates.

Ask about our Sunshine Travel Program - Our unique travel program gives you the chance to explore 16 cities in 7 states. Have a Question, Concern or Comment? Welcome to your Sunshine Community, Meet Mr. Sunshine. Ask about our unique Sunshine Wellness Program

Features of Summerfield Estates

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Private services

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month-rental