The Dorchester

12920 Dorman Road, Pineville, NC, 28134

Top nearby Independent Living Communities

Reviews of The Dorchester

Caring92934450 August 27, 2014

The Dorchester is a very active retirement community. They have a bus service that takes them shopping. They have movie night two to three times a week. They play Bingo. They have exercises Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. They have two libraries and an art center. There are computers where they have computer classes. They have events. We had a luau this summer and there's a cookout where they're going to be serving hot dogs and stuff. It's out in the yard, so there are different recreational things that they offer. They have church service every other Sunday. They have choir practice for those that want to join the choir. They have a doctor that comes every Friday to visit and take care of them. They have a huge great room where they have all the different activities. It's a good-sized community for people. Her apartment is about 700 sq.ft. She has a one-bedroom unit with a kitchen, a full size refrigerator, and a full-size range. Electricity and water are included and she pays $700 or $800. They have a restaurant onsite and if they want to eat there, they have to make reservations and they are charged accordingly. Other than that, they cook their own meals. Those who can afford it will just go every night, but it's just dinner. They don't serve breakfast. Lunch is just soup and a sandwich.

Caring79883250 March 20, 2014

Dorchester was nice. Probably not the fanciest place, but it's really reasonable based upon the rate, and I like the location. They have transportation, activities, like exercise and card games. The rooms are adequate, but the kitchen is small. Mom tried the food and she rated it as fair. To be honest, we had a problem. It was told to us in the beginning, and we didn't have this in writing in the lease, that if my mom didn't like the place that we would be given our money back. They didn't do that.

Karen66111450 October 09, 2013

My mother-in-law is living at The Dorchester in Pineville. Since a new company has come in to take over the services, she seems to be more comfortable and she is more relaxed with them. The whole problem was she didn't want anybody around but they've won her over. We're doing good right now. The building is in great shape. We researched the area and went to many retirement communities and found that this was probably the most relaxing, best-kept apartments. It's very secure there, too. They do have a very nice dining room and she is pleased with the food. There are a lot of card games and other activities that she can do right inside the building. There is even physical therapy there.

Caring69196750 October 05, 2013

The Dorchester is in a great location. They did have a bus that can take you to places where you need to go but you have to pay a fee. Regarding activities, they did have swimming classes. They have a recreational room for their residents. With regards to your laundry needs, you can either take your laundry to one of their laundry facilities or you can pay a certain fee, extra each month, and you can use the washer-dryer in your room. I thought their rooms were of nice size and look comfortable. They also have a nice dining room. However, in this place, you have to pay for each individual meal.

Mae1 September 16, 2013

I find so much peace at the Dorchester and love feeling a part of one big family. I am busy everyday but one during the week and that day I go to Physical Therapy that is right down the hall from my apartment. Everything is so convenient for me.

Elena2 September 16, 2013

I have been living at The Dorchester for nine years and love it. There is something here for everyone from exercise to trips. The staff is very friendly and understanding.” Would not think of living anywhere else.

Joan20 August 08, 2013

I like everything about the Dorchester. Friendly people, fantastic meals in the Magnolia Dining Room and lots to keep me busy. The big events are great. We can listen to music and dance which I enjoy greatly.

Sarah17 August 08, 2013

Making friends has been so easy for me at the Dorchester. Everyone looks out for each other and tries to make sure you are invited to all the activities. There is so much to keep me busy some days it is hard to make up my mind where I want to go. I love my new apartment!

Bob32 June 29, 2013

We visited The Dorchester for my mother and it was a totally different kind of facility. It was much more spread out and it would have been a lot longer walk for my mother. It would have been different for her. However, the rooms were bigger and the halls were bigger. The staff were all fine too.

About The Dorchester

The Dorchester is an independent living community in Pineville, NC designed for seniors, normally 55+, who are able to care for themselves and wish to live independently. Contact The Dorchester for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of The Dorchester