Colonial Village

2910 N Eastman Rd, Longview, TX, 75605

Reviews of Colonial Village

Ron48 May 24, 2015

Colonial Village was very good. We enjoyed the people. The only problem that we found was that she could not get in the bedroom, kitchen, or bathroom with her scooter. The doors were not wide. She also has a walker, but it could not get through the doors either. The food was very good.

Nancy105539250 April 25, 2015

Colonial Village was our second choice. Everybody was friendly. The apartments looked nice. However, one thing that we didn't care about was that they didn't have individual cottages, and they only had 2-story apartments. They had activities, and they had newsletters and stuff. They had everything that you could choose from, but I don't remember what they were. I haven't eaten there, but they had invited us to a meal. However, I thought the meals were good there, and I thought they had a chef. We liked the location, and the price was better.

Caring100703550 January 09, 2015

Colonial was a nice place. The people were nice. It was clean. I saw a couple of rooms, and they were nice. They had activities, and there was always something going on. I liked that it was neat and well laid out.

Caring102313250 November 29, 2014

I was able to visit my brother at Colonial Village. I like that it's well-maintained and clean. All of the ladies are friendly, and they have a lot of activities that the residents can participate in. He is happy as he can be given his situation.

Deborah45 November 18, 2014

When my stepfather died my 78 year old Mom did not want to be alone in her home in the country. And, although she is still able to physically drive and do the activities of daily living we really don't know how long she will be able because, for one thing, she has macular degeneration which makes driving to more than the local grocery store not an option. Our first thought was for her to live by me, her daughter in a mobile home. Then I realized that I would be doing nearly all her grocery shopping, cooking, and Dr. visits, etc. and that I would also be the one to provide all her entertainment as well as company. This would have impacted my life in a huge change. I love Mom so much but was not ready to give up my entire lifestyle to care for her at this point in time. Luckily, I got online to research possibilities and was immediately contacted. We went to only two facilities to tour. Colonial Village was the second one and, even though it is older, the minute we walked in we both just felt at home. We had lunch with them a couple of times and learned that once a person moves in, even though it is an independent living facility, one need not ever have to move, for example, to an assisted living facility. There are home health services on the premises to take up any gaps. We had choices on size of apartments and I was stunned at how much room anyone may choose. The apartments are large (or small). Each has a full kitchen, not kitchenette. Lovely meals are prepared three times daily in the dining room, a van for transportation to M.D. Visits and shopping if needed. My Mom is still driving her own car at this point. And, there are tons and tons of activities for her to be social and participate in if she chooses. She is with others who share her interests and at this point in time she's making new friends and getting well settled in.
She was very skeptical about this and had it in her mind we were moving her to "the old folks'home". She sees now that is not the case at all. This is not a nursing home. This is comfortable, and wonderful Independent living for seniors. This is luxury.
And, although it may seem expensive at first, when you realize you have no home insurance, taxes, electric, water, food, lawn care, cooking, cleaning bills--just to name a few---you then see what a bargain this type of living is. And, cars are a very large expense. Once my Mom gets to the point she can no longer drive (and I fear this will be soon) that expense will be gone as well, and she will still be independent of calling any family or friends to get her to any Dr. Appointments. This is what I hope I can do for myself, if I should be so lucky. I recommend it, and Colonial Village itself, to anyone. The staff there are wonderful and down to earth, and friendly and yet professional. It is home.

From Colonial Village

Colonial Village is located in Longview, TX, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Colonial Village for a visit...and stay!

Features of Colonial Village

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room