Sheldon Oaks

2525 Cal Young Rd, Eugene, OR, 97401

Reviews of Sheldon Oaks

Tanya9 October 29, 2015

I liked everything at Sheldon Oaks, but it was too expensive. It was out of our price range. They seemed to have everything. Honestly, it was a perfect situation, other than it was out of my mother's price range. The staff was very helpful; he immediately showed me to apartments that were available and followed up with me.

Ralph16 October 28, 2015

My brother is at Sheldon Oaks. The staff is very friendly and very helpful. He has a very large studio apartment. He has a living area, where he watches TV. He has a balcony with a nice view of the courtyard. It is a very bright place. One of the reasons why we chose Sheldon Oaks was because of it's proximity to businesses and to parks. Even though there are a lot of activities that are scheduled for people, my brother living there doesn't need those. He goes for long walks everyday. He has his favorite bar that he goes to that is close by.

Roy19 October 28, 2015

I had a very good experience with Sheldon Oaks. They had a two-bedroom available, and the accommodations were very nice. The staff was very friendly and answered all of my questions.

Caring113300550 September 16, 2015

My overall experience at Sheldon Oaks was very good. They were very focused on socializing. Their rooms/apartments were excellent. Everything was well thought out. I think anybody who uses this would be thrilled and happy.

Caring106475250 February 21, 2015

Sheldon Oaks was fine. They took me around and showed me the dining room. I have a friend of mine that used to work on Sheldon Oaks. That's why I went there -- so I can have an insight on the inner workings of some of the places. That helps in knowing where I kind of did and didn't want to go. I heard good things about Sheldon Oaks, and that probably would have been my number two choice. I kind of grew up around the area so I have a lot of friends whose parents have gone through there.

Caring66360650 November 19, 2014

I liked Sheldon Oaks quite well. They had 3 meals a day. They had a nice apartment where I was. It had a nice view with lots of lights. They had a laundry room on my floor. They had friendly people, and I thought they were accommodating. The food was good, but it was too starchy and too fattening; I really couldn't lose weight there. They had activities like exercises, bingo, and little trips. They had bus service if you had to go somewhere. They were in a good neighborhood because you could walk over to lots of different stores.

Dawn16 November 01, 2014

I visited Sheldon Oaks for my mother-in-law. Considering what it is, I thought this facility was well done. I thought it was warm, inviting, and clean. The staff was kind and courteous. They appeared very helpful. My overall experience with this community is comprehensive. I was very satisfied with my visit. I thought that it would be the perfect place for my mother-in-law. The living environment that stands out to me is the convenient location. Sheldon Oaks was not as pricey, but it also was not quite opulent as some other options. However, I thought it was more an affordable option.

retiredandlovingit October 05, 2014

This place is beautiful. My grandmother is a resident going on 3 years. I have to say, the staff is amazing. The facility is beautiful. The only draw back is the food. The chef should put as much effort in his food as he does his smoking habit.

Jennifer41 September 30, 2014

Sheldon Oaks was very nice. The only problem was that it was very expensive. They wanted you to pay 2 months' cost for deposit. They showed us the room that was being painted, and it looked fine. We ate there, and the food was good, and the dining room was nice. They showed us where the activities were, and they had an area to play games. They had a schedule for all of the activities.

Caring82520950 August 10, 2014

I lived in Sheldon Oaks for three months. They really did work to make you feel comfortable. It was really nicely situated. You could walk to two grocery stores, a post office, a library, and a swimming pool -- any place you wanted to go to was very close. They had a very nice bus arrangement that provided lots of rides. I enjoyed their activities that incorporated community involvement. I was working with the activities director to bring children in. However, I was disappointed in management and I didn't feel they took my concern seriously enough.

Caring82929550 April 30, 2014

Sheldon Oaks was our second choice. It was very nice, clean, bright, and cheery. It had a great location, and we liked the rooms. The people I met seemed very nice and happy. They seemed to be really helpful to their clientele who were staying there.

caring66701350 January 23, 2014

Sheldon Oaks is very high class. There are lots of activities. I get a card from them once in a while with a list of activities to come and join them. They have a beauty shop, somebody who comes in to give a pedicure and activities going on every day. They have a very nice food service and food was very good too. Last time I was there, I had Jambalaya. It was last Spring when I listened to music during their Jazz night. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. A major plus is it's a very easy walking distance to grocery stores, restaurants and doctors. You don't need to cross a major street to reach these places.

Caring70020950 October 09, 2013

I visited Sheldon Oaks twice and it's very nice. The staff was very friendly. The activities appeared to be very good. It looked like they have a good variety of them. This place is a contender and it's something I would be interested in. I would recommend it as some place they need to look at.

Caring0078 September 19, 2013

Sheldon Oaks looks nice. It is very well-kept and pretty looking. Everybody there is pleasant. I had lunch there and it was fine. I saw one of their studio apartments. It is very small for me. It has one room and one bath but no kitchen area at all! That's something that turned me off. I'm a cooker and I like to make my own food. At that place, you have to go to the dining area if you want to eat. That's not what I want for myself. I'm sure that's very good for a lot of other people but not for me. Also I'm not a communal person and I don't do well with some other people around. I just do really well by myself; however, I would recommend this place to others if that type of set-up is what they want.

bathematics September 27, 2012

The community felt very much like a regular neighborhood. My grandfather was very happy and independent there and he was still able to get the extra care he needed. His wife lived nearby and he had a nurse visit to take care of things he was too old to do. When I visited, the old man cried with joy because he was able to take his medicine and get sponge baths at a very upscale neighborhood in which he wasn't embarrassed to be seen by his grandchildren. Once or twice he managed to get the energy up to show us his fiddle. We played with it all day long and had a wonderful time, running and dancing to the music and him chasing after us with his fiddle. He loved music very much, was a supporter of musical education for youngsters, and was very energetic even late in life when it came to classical music. He would go from his community to any orchestra he was able to. The facility he was in for his last days was a wonderful place.

From Sheldon Oaks

Sheldon Oaks is located in Eugene, OR, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Sheldon Oaks for a visit...and stay!

Features of Sheldon Oaks

• Hiking trails

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: Private dining room