About Home Instead Senior Care - Monrovia, CA
Home Instead Senior Care is a non-medical provider of personal care, companionship, meal preparation, light housekeeping, medication reminders, errands, incidental transportation and even Alzheimer's and dementia care. Our CAREGivers encourage, assist, and stimulate our clients in a variety of activities that improve their quality of life and help them maintain their independence. All of these services allow a senior to stay HOME INSTEAD for a longer period of time.
Home Instead Senior Care - Caregiver Skills
Safety training on home safety, avoiding injury and falls, preventing strain and pain, safety in the kitchen, cautious cleaning, safe driving, outdoor safety hazards, and disease protection and prevention.
Basic training on emergency situations including stroke, falls and fractures and sudden illness, communication tips including communicating to those with dementia or Alzheimer's, activities for seniors to engage in, mealtime preparations, housekeeping tips, signs of abuse, and tips on reducing caregiver stress.
Advanced training on understanding senior illnesses and conditions, depression in seniors, caregiver stress, in-home exercise for older adults, making mealtime fun, communication tips with the senior, their family, and the caregiver's franchise office.
Activity training including reminiscing activities, modifying activities, activities in facilities, adapting activities for those with impairments, different types of engaging activities for older adults such as gardening, mind builders, and crafts and hobbies, and getting a senior involved in the community in places like senior centers, worship services, volunteering and errands.
Reviews of Home Instead Senior Care - Monrovia, CA
Average Rating: 5.0 out of 5 stars based on 2 Reviews
I am a current client of this provider
The caregivers from Home Instead do meal preparations, bathing, light housekeeping, and physical therapy assistance. They keep my grandmother occupied as well. There were 3 of them, and she liked them all.
I am a past client of this provider
Ruby of Home Instead is a fantastic lady and a superb business woman, combining compassion and expertise. All the caregivers were great but one, Jordin, stood head and shoulders above!
Other Options Nearby
Features of Home Instead Senior Care - Monrovia, CA
- Full-service agency. (We directly employ the caregivers we work with.)
- Agency extra: Each Home Instead Senior Care® franchise office is independently owned and operated.
Range of services
- Companion care
- Range of services extra: hospice support, Alzheimer's and other dementias care, chronic conditions
Types of care
- Transportation: Yes
- Accompany clients to doctors' appointments
- Light housekeeping
- Transfer assistance
- Dressing, grooming
- Bathing, toileting
- Walking, wheelchair assistance
- Memory care
- Meal preparation
- Errands & grocery shopping
- We interview every team member in person
- We check references
- We check driving records
- We confirm legal U.S. residency
- We require drug screenings
- Staff members receive ongoing/continuing training
- Family Communication
- Transition Issues
- Memory Care
- Training areas extra: the aging process, how to keep the client and CAREGiver℠ safe, building relationships, Alzheimer's or other dementias care
- We handle payroll, benefits, and taxes for our caregivers
- Our business is bonded and insured
- 899 West Foothill Blvd., H
Monrovia, CA 91016