Brookdale Woodbridge

330 Amity Road, Woodbridge, CT, 06525

Reviews of Brookdale Woodbridge

November 21, 2013

By Caringman0000064

Emeritus at Woodridge is more of a nursing home setting. It was not a pleasant environment. There were people sitting around in wheelchairs with their heads down. However, the rooms were adequate and the staff was very nice and they provide a lot of services.

September 25, 2013

Emeritus at Woodbridge was okay. They did have very accommodating and very friendly staff. They knew what they were talking about as they gave us a tour of the facility. The facilities were all fine. The rooms were average. They could be a little larger but they're fine. They did have two floor plans to choose from, but unfortunately the set-up that they have didn't match what we wanted. We had also tried their food and it was adequate. With regards to social activities, they have both indoor and outdoor stuff for their residents. They have a center to the east of the building, which they use for their activity program.

August 01, 2013

By Joan19

My mother is now staying at Emeritus at Woodbridge. It was a great facility. It doesn't smell like a nursing home. It looks like a big hotel and they had a garden area. It had a care unit for those who are really into dementia. The staff is very caring and accommodating but there are instances that they need to carefully monitor something that happened that should not happen. I will recommend them to others.

March 01, 2013

By Dorothy11

Emeritus at Woodridge was a good facility. It was wonderful. But it was hard for us financially. And at the time, my father needed a different level of care because he had Alzheimer's.

March 16, 2012

By foreverfreetolive

I visited my grandfather at this facility and it was beautiful. The staff was very attentive and kind. I asked my grandfather if he liked living there and he said he truly did. He had lived at another home before this one and he liked this one so much more. He said there is so much more freedom. The building is large and the food was quite good! The surrounding views are very tranquil and I think they help grandfather stay calm. I like all the grass and flowers around the property. It's the perfect location for a assisted living facility. I have nothing bad to say about this wonderful assisted living home except that his room was a little small. Grandfather has had the chance to live in very nice homes throughout his life and he has had huge bedrooms. Well, this bedroom was quite small. But besides the bedroom size, I loved everything about this place and I am glad grandfather is so happy with it!

October 10, 2011

By Lilly of the Valley

I visited my friend at this facility on numerous occasions. The rooms are nicely decorated, and the staff is gracious and helpful. The quality of the food provided to the residents however was substantially less than satisfactory. I don't consider a 1/2 tuna salad from a can on a sandwich made of white bread, + potatoe chips and koolaid with store bought chocolate chip cookiies and salty canned soup to be a nutritionally adequate meal whether the diner is a senior or a younger person. I shared numerous bad meals there with my friend, and for that reason wouldn't want to end up there myself one day. For what these facilities charge to live there, I feel the food should be delicious and nutritionally unquestionable.

September 12, 2011

By shyningwaterfal3

While visiting a family member here, I couldn't believe the attentiveness of the staff towards my loved one. Being my first time there they escorted me right to her and stayed to make sure my aunt was comfortable with me being there. Passing others in the hall on the way was also a big "WOW". The other residents we passed were greeted friendly by their first name!. It was like visiting one big family. After sitting with my aunt for over an hour, I could see how well adjusted she was with her new living environment. I was very comfortable leaving knowing the staff treated each resident as an individual and not just a client.

Photos of Brookdale Woodbridge

About Brookdale Woodbridge

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Woodbridge