Sunrise of Willowbrook

6300 Clarendon Hills Road, Willowbrook, IL, 60527

Reviews of Sunrise of Willowbrook

October 30, 2015

By Caringdaughter7

I was not thrilled with Sunrise of Willowbrook. One of things I truly didn’t like there was their hallways. Instead of having railings, like a hand rail, that you could grab onto, they had this little shelf that stuck out from the wall. If you’re an elderly person and you’re walking and you’re not stable, you want something that you can grasp your hand around versus this little shelfy thing that you can lean on but you can’t get a grasp of to help support yourself if you need it. It seemed like such a minor detail, but it really impacted me. Two wheelchairs, I think, and you would have started to feel a little claustrophobic in the hallway, and it felt darker. I would say it was clean. We got a tour by one of the people that works in the memory-care unit; she was very engaging and showed us some rooms. Walking in there the very first time, I felt like I was walking into a nursing home, not an assisted living, because there were multiple people in the main lobby entrance area asleep in their wheelchairs, completely slumped, like maybe they’d been there for way too long. It was just unsettling and left me very cold. There was a lively card game going on in one corner of an area, so this could have just been a group of the older folks that aren’t engaged and were just parked there. I would rather see more activity; maybe they need to be engaged more somehow.

May 23, 2015

By Bren3

Sunrise of Willowbrook was a wonderful facility. The staff were absolutely wonderful and very well trained. I almost had my mother move there. There were just certain things that they couldn't provide for my mother like things that I'm finding out that she needs. They have a nursing home there, and you can get physical therapy, but you have to outsource. They have a company that comes in to do it. The staff was very in tune with the residents. They knew them extremely well. They knew exactly what to say to calm them down or what they needed to get done for them. I found them to be extremely caring.

January 27, 2015

By Not happy at

My mom lived in a Sunrise facility for a little over a year. I feel that they were kind to her,however I feel that they did the bare minimum to keep her clean and her clothing fresh. There was one receptionist who was rude to me when I came to visit.

Thank you for your message. Please know we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

November 20, 2012

By Thomas Werebacher

Driving up, the facility is well-lit and maintained. It's a welcoming, new building. Inside, the counter people are very aware of people coming in and check I.D. and confirmed that I was indeed her grandson. The hallways are wide, with rails to assist those who need it. Inside of the apartment, everything is designed to be accessible and easy to use. I liked that my grandmother had to "check in" every morning, and if she didn't, entry was made into her apartment to ensure that she was ok, hadn't fallen, etc..

May 31, 2012

By volunteer1

I was outside most of the time, but both the inside and outside of the building were fantastic. The grounds of the entire area were very nicely kept, and there was many places to sit and enjoy the flowers. I spoke with many of the people working and living there, and I really did not hear much criticism at all. In fact, most people enjoyed there time keeping busy with the other volunteers. The place was very cleanly and kept very neat, and It seemed like a generelly nice place. The people living there got along well, and there were many different groups to talk to.

May 18, 2012

By commercesd

We were checking out assisted living facilities in the Chicago area and decided to go and see Sunrise of Willowbrook, since it was recommended by a friend in the region as an option for our aunt. The outside area resembled that of a well maintained smaller hotel. Outside greens were nicely landscaped and well-tended with plenty of great seating areas. The interior design featured nice colors, comfortable furniture, bright light and fresh air, which added to the cheery ambiance. From sight seeing to nature walks and cultural events, the Chicago region has it all. The staff appeared to accommodate all levels of ambulation. The seniors are taken on many outings into the area's vibrant community to enjoy all that it has to offer. The dining areas included really well prepared and healthy food with many choices. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. The menus included food options for all kinds of diets. The residents enjoy yoga and aerobics classes, sometimes held outdoors. Seniors are encouraged to enjoy physical activity as much as possible. There are also specially designed educational and social programs for residents and their families. Private units featured beautiful decorations, many with great views of the surrounding areas. The spaces were all designed with safety rails and features. The Willowbrook community is a safe and pleasant place for anyone to live. The seniors appeared very content here, with just the amount of care and attention they require.

Photos of Sunrise of Willowbrook

• Pharma

• Tai Chi

• Staff Patient Ratio: Variable Staffing By Resident Need

About Sunrise of Willowbrook

Located just minutes from Route 83, Sunrise of Willowbrook is set on 63rd Street and Clarendon Hills Road, easily accessible and visible as the beautiful Victorian mansion on the corner. We pride ourselves on our thriving activities program - from our famous "Safe Trick or Treat" to our Easter Egg Hunt and our big picnic for all the residents and their families, as well as many more monthly activities.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping.

Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Map of Sunrise of Willowbrook