Brookdale South Tarzana

18700 Burbank Boulevard, Tarzana, CA, 91356

Reviews of Brookdale South Tarzana

Judith C. June 26, 2014

The Gardens of Tarzana is not a fancy place, but it is a very nice place. It is warm and very homey. The staff is caring and competent. They are very attentive. They are warm and caring. The rooms are a good size. My mom's room is slightly larger than the average room.

Janet83859150 May 11, 2014

We applied for my father to move into The Gardens. I thought it was cheery. They activities for the seniors seemed to be engaging, and that was all very attractive. The food was good. We liked the open kitchen concept where people could have snacks in between meals. The apartments were nice, but the balcony was a little tight for someone in a wheelchair, and the bathroom was also not that great for someone in a wheelchair. The manager and the front desk person were the people we had most interaction with, and the people I had interacted with were very favorable.

Fay1 December 30, 2013

We went to The Gardens of Tarzana and it was okay. The people working there seemed nice. The place is kind of gated and I think it needs to be remodeled. If they update it, it would look nice. They seemed to have a lot of activities and their apartments look fine; again they just need to update the place.

Ellie3 September 26, 2013

Me and my husband visited The Gardens of Tarzana and it's a very nice facility, very cozy. The people were very accommodating, but it's just very expensive. The rooms were very clean and fully furnished. It had a small kitchen and a private bathroom. You could also put in your furniture there to make it feel more homey. They had daily activities. If they want to go out, a bus could take the residents anywhere they want to go. They also had gatherings, games, and exercises every day. It's a very, very nice place. I would surely recommend this to others.

George35 August 01, 2013

Mom is at The Gardens of Tarzana. The facility is good. She gets a really nice ground floor place and the thing that we really like is that they'll never raise the price for her. The staff is very good. I tried the food and it is fine.

Valerie6 May 29, 2013

I visited The Gardens of Tarzana and it went fabulous. The place was wonderful, very clean, and has a beautiful surrounding. The rooms were small but adequate. The dining room was gorgeous. There were a lot of activities that cater to older population. Overall, I had no hesitations recommending it to anyone.

Caring484050 January 03, 2012

Staff here is lovely they are warm, caring and compassionate. They offer assisted and independent living. The rooms are shared or you can ask for private accommodations. The common areas are lovely, they have a nice library and the dining hall is a very nice restaurant style environment. The food menu is well planned with a variety of choices. The residents I spoke with said the food is wonderful and they love living in this facility. They said the staff is wonderful and they can be called all hours of the night if you need them no matter what. The activities are plenty and well attended. They take them out on excursions and have civic and Church groups come and present programs and events. They are a lovely choice it is well run and well maintained. The grounds are well groomed and very beautiful. They do have lovely gardens for sitting and contemplating...worth your consideration.

Theguardian October 26, 2011

I visited this facility about a year ago when I was looking for alternate assisted living arrangements for my grandmother. This facility is conveniently located near the Reseda Blvd. exit off the 101 Freeway in Tarzana, California. When I arrived at the facility I was greeted by Celia, the director of sales and marketing. The place seemed clean and very lively with many of the residents taking part in the various social activities. I was shown a couple of the available rooms, which seemed of adequate size for one person, with plenty of closet space. They also had shared rooms which were less expensive but not separated by a wall so you will want to make sure there is good chemistry with your potential roommate before signing up. The fact that they had few vacancies is a good sign. It means that the place is popular and people are staying put rather than moving out. I didn't have time to have a meal here but I saw a nice-size and bright dining room. The cost for this place is in line with the some of the more higher end assisted living facilities in this area. Fees include: rent, utilities (except for cable and telephone), three meals a day, weekly housekeeping, linen service, personal laundry, scheduled transportation, activities, the wellness center and more. It's also close to the Tarzana-Encino Regional Medical Center. Though my grandmother didn't end up moving to this place (mainly because her care requirements changed shortly after my visit) I still would suggest you might want to put it on your list of places to check out.

mn188290 September 27, 2011

This facility has both assisted living and independent living. Has a great amount of residents. Wide variety of entertainment and hobbies.The staff are very helpful and reliable. Great facility for a basic residential home.

From Brookdale South Tarzana

Brookdale South Tarzana provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Brookdale South Tarzana is a lovely smaller community in the heart of Tarzana, close to shopping, restaurants, banking, doctors, and the Tarzana Medical Center. We take pride in the care given to our residents and also in the Brookdale Dining Program whic

Features of Brookdale South Tarzana