Mountain Ridge Assisted Living

1885 E. Skyline Dr, South Ogden, UT, 84403

Reviews of Mountain Ridge Assisted Living

Lizzy2 August 09, 2015

Mountain Ridge was wonderful, but we were looking for a skilled nursing facility. It was a very nice facility. The person we met was outstanding, but the facility was an assisted living. I think the difference between a skilled nursing and assisted living is that one person can take care of the patient in assisted living, and my husband needed two-plus persons to take care of him; that's why they were not able to meet his needs. Nevertheless, the facility itself was very, very nice.

Betty108609350 July 07, 2015

They come into the room unannounced at night to check on the resident They return laundry that is ruined eg towels with bleach stains They don't return all laundry they take or return things that do t bong to resident The invoices for rent are not coordinated with resident and famy as to who should get them and are inconsistant

We are unaware of any concerns that you addressed in your review. I would like to speak with you further at 801-475-5111, please ask for Kelly, as I am the Executive Director. We value our residents and their families as well as their opinions. Thank you!

Caring105881050 April 25, 2015

We went to Mountain Ridge. My mother liked that it wasn't too big. The people there were nicer and paid more attention to her rather than just us children that were taking her there, and that was important. It's clean, new, friendly, and has nice features. They do provide excursions and activities, and they do have a small fitness center. They're really good. If I were to choose a place to go myself, I would go there.

kathy Osmond September 17, 2014

I would give less than one star if possible. My mother was a client of Mountain Ridge and had terrible care. She was given the wrong medicine on two different occasions and ended up being hospitalized because of it. I live many thousands of miles away and I flew in to see what was occurring. I ended up staying with her at the facility for over a month. During that time what I saw was appaling and criminal. The staff at night would disappear to go out with their friends. Once a client fell and bled profusely. I heard her screaming and I had to call an ambulance because the CNA on duty was out with her boyfriend! (She was NOT terminated or even reprimanded). On another occassion, a newer male patient assaulted a long-term female patient and she ended up dying a month later. He was arrested and subsequently removed. But again, this happened at night and there was no one around to help the poor lady.
Needless to say, I removed my mother to another, more appropriate setting. With that said; the neglect I personally witnessed was nothing less than criminal. Particularly for those too infirm to complain or to get help. These people are dangerous and although the facility is nice and well cared-for; I can not say the same for the clientele. Don't risk it!

Caring85232050 June 27, 2014

I visited Mountain Ridge in South Ogden, and it was nice and clean. They offer more assistance, but it is a little more expensive. They probably have one of the best gyms from all of the facilities that we looked at. They have full gym equipment.

Laura32 March 31, 2014

Mom is at Mountain Ridge. We chose this facility because we thought it was less institutional than some of the other places that we visited. It seemed very warm and welcoming. The people there are very professional. Our mother has been there a little over a month, and we felt she is well-cared for. They have a very excellent CNA to resident ratio, so there are always several people on hand. They have a nurse on staff who seems knowledgeable and attentive. She is in a memory care unit, so she has a single bedroom with a bathroom, and it is in good shape. She is in a cluster with some other people, and then there is a common living area.

Caring75690650 December 30, 2013

I liked the atmosphere in Mountain Ridge. The facility was clean. The rooms were nice and the staff also seemed nice.

jmissiko1 December 16, 2013

This is a very clean facility. The staff is wonderful! Everyone that works there is very kind and caring. They have many social activities and Cheryl who is in charge of the social activities is AMAZING! She is so sweet. The nursing staff is so good. Andrea, and Jamie bend over backwards to see that everyones needs are met. Even whenthey are off or not on call they will help wherever they can. Kirsten who is in charge of the food is simply darling! She is do on top of the food services, and the food there is wonderful! She takes such good care of the residents and their family

Michelle C December 14, 2013

My grandma lives here and she really enjoys it! I am so happy with the care she is provided with. Every time I walk in the door A. Moore greets us with open arms! She is such a wonderful employee! We just love her to death! She is always so welcoming to my family and I when we come in! She is our favorite!! I would recommend anyone thinking about taking a family member to an assisted living to go here!!!

prospector dan December 07, 2013

It is so wonderful to have a place that is so caring of their residents. Adrienne is such a kind and caring person. I am so glad she is there to help.

adams kid December 01, 2013

My 87 yr old mother has been living at Mt Ridge for a year. She is healthy but has severe dementia. We find Mt Ridge to be outstanding in every aspect. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The maintenance & housekeeping staff are efficient and friendly. The servers in the dining room remember each residents name and what their favorite food and beverages are. Adrienne, who handles the monthly billing and accounting for the residents, always seems to take time to visit with the residents as they pass near her office. Not only are fun & creative activities offered numerous times a day by MaryAnn &Cheryl, but they ensure each resident gets a knock on their door and a personal invite to every function. The 24/7 nursing staff is responsive and always available to answer families questions. Tiffany in marketing & Rodney, the directory, are caring, good natured & calm individuals who make themselves available for questions & discussions. Too many deserving staff to mention. I highly recommend Mt Ridge not only for the beautiful setting, but mainly for the fabulous staff.

kinney42 November 26, 2013

My father Is In Mountain Ridge and has been for over 6 years. My dad has been on both sides of the facility over the years, and to say the least it has been hard. But what has been very helpful is the staff....from the office right on to the cleaning staff, all have been very helpful......Even when there has been an issue or two and there have been a few over the years, they have tried to resolve it as quickly as possible. Greg

deerae November 26, 2013

This was our first pick for our mother. The staff is wonderful and my mother is so happy here.

barbwirerose3 May 15, 2012

This facility had a large number of patients and not enough staff to accomodate all needs. When it became apparent that my father-in-law was about to pass they were not able to facilitate a private room for the family to say thier final goodbyes. The staff, however, was very patient, helpful and really did everything they could in the situation.

Son of Residents March 19, 2012

I can't say enough about the care my parents received at Mt. Ridge over the past 5 years. It is a clean, efficient, friendly, well run operation manned by an excellent staff. Every one was always friendly, helpful, and caring. The organization has obviously been carefully planned by people that know and understand the needs of the elderly.

bjones761 September 30, 2011

Mountain ridge assisted living is located in Southern Utah just below the beautiful Rocky Mountain Region. The landscape is breathtaking to be sure, but it is definitely not all this facility has to offer its residence. Every time I enter an assisted living facility I worry that it will not be kept in a clean and sanitary manner for the residents that have no choice but to be there. My fears were baseless when I visited this facility for the cleanliness was above reproach. I even remember thinking that I wanted to ask what cleaning products they were using since it smelled so clean, but not overpowering with the common cleaning scents of bleach, ammonia, etc. I spoke to several of the residents as I was at the facility to do rounds with my aunt who works as a specialist in the field of assisted living and works to uphold a certain standard of living for the elderly. Both she and I found the residents to be most pleased to be residents of the Mountain Ridge Assisted Living Facility, and could not say enough about the fabulous food, attentive staff, great accomodations, and activities for the residents. I was glad to know upon leaving that the horror stories that you often hear about nursing homes are often unfounded, and I can honestly say that when my time comes I would be happy to be a resident of Mountain Ridge!

anonymous44 June 30, 2011

This facility is great for many reasons. For one, there are so many activities to do and so much socializing, that it would be impossible for the residents to get bored. If they don't feel like in participating in one of the craft projects or music programs, there's always outings and walks they can go on. A friend of mine here is pretty much a social butterfly. She's never been very good just sitting at home. Once she couldn't drive anymore, she moved promptly to a assisted living facility. This one offers all the opportunities she could possibly want to get out and shopping. Even her family can stop by and take her out to lunch or to the store. She loves living here where there is so much she can do and so many friends she can make.

nmark007 June 10, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

This is a great facility for seniors that want to have their own apartment but need the help of a nurse once and awhile along with a little social interaction. My aunt moved into these apartments and she really liked the social interaction that they had. They take them shopping and also take them on fun outings, which she just loved since she couldn't drive anymore. One of the fun things I really appreciated when I would visit her is that they really tried hard to make the place inviting and friendly. The nurses I interacted with were are nice and paid close attention to the residents. They had a lot of things that made the facility feel like a real home like decorating for the different holidays and they also offered great things like music classes, which she really loved. This is great for anyone that is tired of living alone and dealing with the housework and would like to have a place to live where your cleaning is done and you don't need to worry about yardwork. Many of the residents would come and go as they needed, which really does make it nice because it doesn't feel like a traditional assisted living center where people are just stuck there all day long.

From Mountain Ridge Assisted Living

Mountain Ridge Assisted Living, located in the heart of South Ogden, Utah, is nestled against the Wasatch Front on the west flank of the Rocky Mountains. The 108-apartment community offers distinctive floor plans each with a variety of amenities to ensure your comfort. Select the apartment that is right for you, bring along your favorite furniture items and we will help you feel right at home. Our garden courtyard and cozy fireside lounge provide attractive settings for socializing with family and friends. Isn't it time for you to enjoy the life you deserve at Mountain Ridge?

Our entire staff is committed to pursuing the highest quality of life for every resident. Staff are available 24-hours a day, so if you need assistance with escorting, eating, bathing, incontinent care, medication management or dressing, we are here to help. Each apartment also has a personal emergency call system that ensures help is just the touch of a button away. Our on-site resident care professionals always there to oversee the administration of medications, as well as other basic care needs.

Mountain Ridge has a Culture of Caring. We are a community where people thrive rather than survive. Focusing on individual needs and encompassing those needs in a program(s) that benefits everyone, from our residents to our staff to our visitors. We Care!

Features of Mountain Ridge Assisted Living

• Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: Assisted Living Level 2

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Mountain Ridge Assisted Living