Belmont Village Encino

15451 Ventura Blvd, Sherman Oaks, CA, 91403

Reviews of Belmont Village Encino

rosebud101 September 29, 2013

Beware: My mother died here due to negligence in the Alzheimer's unit. During breakfast when all the caregivers should be watching residents, she was allowed to wander off without anyone stopping her. She fell on the other side of the facility. She then was transported to the hospital and died. When I visited, I often saw residents wandering without attention. There was not the support needed. If you care about your loved ones - especially those with dementia - DO NOT TAKE YOUR LOVED ONE THERE!!!

Ellie3 September 26, 2013

I live very close by Belmont Village and I visited the place. The rooms were very high end and very clean. It's a very nice facility and it's like a luxury hotel, but very expensive. The staff is very nice. They have everything in a facility you could ask for. If they can afford it, I would recommend Belmont to others.

AskLena101 November 07, 2012

When you first see the Belmont Village in Encino, California, it looks very clean and welcoming from the outside. There is guest parking outside of the building, metered parking on the street and garage parking for staff and 2 hour parking spots. In order to get into the garage you have to have the access code. As for the building, no one can get in before 8 am, unless you are an employee. However, they also have a doorbell for planned visitors to get access. The common areas for the senior citizens are clean and comfortable for socializing. They have a restaurant that services three meals a day. The food is okay. I think it could come out hotter though from my experience of eating there. They do have holiday events which are done in a buffet-style format and my friend enjoys them. They also have a lot of musical concerts in the evenings for the residents. The overall staff is nice and courteous. Some of their caregivers (pals), could use a refresher course on how to handle clothes in the laundry rooms though. When they don't put the number of the senior's room on the washer and dryers, some clothes go unaccounted for. I find that irresponsible. Although, it seems that the best caregivers work during the day and are more proactive with me as a visitor and the senior's clothes. The cooking staff are nice. My friend likes some people in management because she can go in their office and express her needs. They have plenty of activity rooms and always list the activities for the day in both elevators and on each floor. They have a nurses station that is always crowded since everyone desires to get their medicine at the same time. I do see that some of the nurses get frustrated by some residence actions, which baffles me, because they are working in an assisted living facility. It does come with the job. However, they do their job, but it can take time to get papers faxed to doctors when requested. They have a good transportation department who takes the seniors out for appointments and outdoor recreation, which I hear from my friend. They also have a friendly receptionist at the desk as well. As far as maintenance, my friend likes her maintenance man. Personally, I believe they could work on getting more maintenance help since so many dryers in the laundry rooms go broken for a while. That can be frustrating when I'm helping out with my friend's laundry. Overall, I gave them a 4 because my friend who lives there likes the place and I believe that's what really matters at the end of the day.

John Belgard July 12, 2012

This facility was not up to most modern standards. The decor and the feel of the building was very dated, but I guess most senior citizens would feel more comfortable in an environment that they are more familiar with. I took a tour of this facility, as it was one of many places that I was interested in enrolling my grandparents. I wanted them to be in a place that was warm and comfortable, as well as safe and inexpensive. The Belmont Village of Encino in Sherman Oaks, while moderately expensive, was not up to the standard that I would set for my beloved grandparents to reside. Most retirement and live-in facilities for the elderly have a poor reputation as far as the treatment of their residents. From my synopsis, there were no signs of mistreatment aside from a poorly decorated color scheme. All in all, I give the facility a 3 out 5 stars in comparison to some of the other facilities that I've visited.

JameyRae September 30, 2011

Before she passed on, my grandmother was a resident of this facility. I recall walking in there to visit her after she had settled in, expecting the facility to look and feel like another part of some hospital. I had been with my mother while looking at other places, and they had given me that feeling. However, when I had entered Belmont Village, it really felt more like a nice club house for an apartment complex with its amenities and more of a "home" feeling. My grandma's room was also different from what we'd seen in other places, which made me feel better about having her there. The staff members could have been a little more polite, but I could tell that they took good care of my grandma, and that's what counted. We often asked her if everything was ok regarding her care, staff, and her comfort level. She never gave any sort of indication that she was ever mistreated or that there was a problem that would have made us want to remove her. I appreciated that knowledge more than anything, to know that she was safe and cared for.

From Belmont Village Encino

Belmont Village of Encino, California is located in the tree-lined residential areas of Encino and Sherman Oaks in the San Fernando Valley. This prime location is convenient for senior living with healthcare facilities and providers, places of worship, and excellent restaurants. And for shopping enthusiasts, The Sherman Oaks Galleria is a state-of-the-art, open-air lifestyle center that includes a 300,000-square-foot retail and entertainment complex.

Inside Belmont, residents enjoy the distinctive interiors and signature programs in hospitality, dining and activities. Working closely with residents and families, our well-trained and responsive staff creates a personal life plan that respects each resident's needs and abilities. Our primary goal is to keep everyone engaged and well cared for at Belmont Village of Encino.

Experience the Belmont Village Difference
  • Dedicated Memory Care Residences
  • Assistance with daily living
  • Well-trained, dedicated staff
  • Chef-prepared, restaurant-style dining
  • Professionally supervised fitness center and wellness programs
  • Physical, occupational and speech therapies available on-site
  • Free scheduled transportation
  • Enrichment programs and social activities
  • Internet and email at the Center for Learning
  • Housekeeping and laundry
  • Private and companion apartments
  • Short-term stays available
Memory Care rate includes the following
(there is an additional fee for enhanced personal care.)
  • Basic Personal Care (activity reminders and stand-by assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and escorts)
  • Three delicious chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style daily in Josephine's Kitchen
  • Licensed Nurse on-site 24 hours a day
  • Regular monitoring of residents' wellness and periodic health assessments
  • Senior-focused social, recreational, educational and gardening activities
  • 24-hour emergency call response system
  • Daily scheduled transportation to nearby shops, physicians' offices or special events
  • Weekly housekeeping, laundering of bed linens and personal laundry
  • Daily trash removal and bed-making
  • All utilities except private telephone
  • Cable TV programming

Features of Belmont Village Encino

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Book clubs
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Private services

• Minimum memory care rate: $5,540/month

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: RCFE License 197608466
  • State License(s): 197608466

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Belmont Village Encino