Belmont Village Encino

Overview of Ratings

4.0

July 12, 2012

By John Belgard

This facility was not up to most modern standards. The decor and the feel of the building was very dated, but I guess most senior citizens would feel more comfortable in an environment that they are more familiar with. I took a tour of this facility, as it was one of many places that I was interested in enrolling my grandparents. I wanted them to be in a place that was warm and comfortable, as well as safe and inexpensive. The Belmont Village of Encino in Sherman Oaks, while moderately expensive, was not up to the standard that I would set for my beloved grandparents to reside. Most retirement and live-in facilities for the elderly have a poor reputation as far as the treatment of their residents. From my synopsis, there were no signs of mistreatment aside from a poorly decorated color scheme. All in all, I give the facility a 3 out 5 stars in comparison to some of the other facilities that I've visited.

September 30, 2011

By JameyRae

Before she passed on, my grandmother was a resident of this facility. I recall walking in there to visit her after she had settled in, expecting the facility to look and feel like another part of some hospital. I had been with my mother while looking at other places, and they had given me that feeling. However, when I had entered Belmont Village, it really felt more like a nice club house for an apartment complex with its amenities and more of a "home" feeling. My grandma's room was also different from what we'd seen in other places, which made me feel better about having her there. The staff members could have been a little more polite, but I could tell that they took good care of my grandma, and that's what counted. We often asked her if everything was ok regarding her care, staff, and her comfort level. She never gave any sort of indication that she was ever mistreated or that there was a problem that would have made us want to remove her. I appreciated that knowledge more than anything, to know that she was safe and cared for.

Let Us Search For You

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Licenses: RCFE License 197608466
    • State Licenses: 197608466

About Belmont Village Encino

Belmont Village of Encino, California is located in the tree-lined residential areas of Encino and Sherman Oaks in the San Fernando Valley. This prime location is convenient for senior living with healthcare facilities and providers, places of worship, and excellent restaurants. And for shopping enthusiasts, The Sherman Oaks Galleria is a state-of-the-art, open-air lifestyle center that includes a 300,000-square-foot retail and entertainment complex.

Inside Belmont, residents enjoy the distinctive interiors and signature programs in hospitality, dining and activities. Working closely with residents and families, our well-trained and responsive staff creates a personal life plan that respects each resident's needs and abilities. Our primary goal is to keep everyone engaged and well cared for at Belmont Village of Encino.

Experience the Belmont Village Difference
    • Dedicated Memory Care Residences
    • Assistance with daily living
    • Well-trained, dedicated staff
    • Chef-prepared, restaurant-style dining
    • Professionally supervised fitness center and wellness programs
    • Physical, occupational and speech therapies available on-site
    • Free scheduled transportation
    • Enrichment programs and social activities
    • Internet and email at the Center for Learning
    • Housekeeping and laundry
    • Private and companion apartments
    • Short-term stays available
    Memory Care rate includes the following
    (there is an additional fee for enhanced personal care.)
    • Basic Personal Care (activity reminders and stand-by assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming and escorts)
    • Three delicious chef-prepared meals served restaurant-style daily in Josephine's Kitchen
    • Licensed Nurse on-site 24 hours a day
    • Regular monitoring of residents' wellness and periodic health assessments
    • Senior-focused social, recreational, educational and gardening activities
    • 24-hour emergency call response system
    • Daily scheduled transportation to nearby shops, physicians' offices or special events
    • Weekly housekeeping, laundering of bed linens and personal laundry
    • Daily trash removal and bed-making
    • All utilities except private telephone
    • Cable TV programming