Brookdale Scotts Valley

100 Lockwood Lane, Scotts Valley, CA, 95066

Reviews of Brookdale Scotts Valley

Markey1 October 15, 2015

My mom is living at Brookdale Scotts Valley (Formerly known as Oak Tree Villa) for a month-and-a-half now. We chose the place because of the amenities that it has, and it’s close to where I live. It’s a nice community. I just thought it would be good for her, and it turns out it is. The people are very helpful. They assisted my mom’s medications, bathed her, and escorted her to the dining room. They clean her once a week, very nice. They have a beauty salon and bingo; on a weekend sometimes they offer the people entertainment, singing, or a musician come in.

Caring113769050 July 13, 2015

It was called the Oak Tree Villa, but they changed it to Brookdale. It was very nice. I liked it because it was close to my son. It seemed well-kept. I think they had classes like arts, sewing, and different things like that, but they don't have a pool. I am afraid the room that I want is too expensive, and they are quite small. The staff was very nice.

Maria L. July 11, 2015

My mother lives there and was robbed shortly after moving in. This was reported to the Scott's Valley Police Dept. as were numerous other thefts that have occurred and have been ongoing for over ten years. It doesn't appear that anyone is addressing the problem. Be wary of having a loved one move into this facility before checking out the Scott's Valley Police Dept. log.

Brad11 June 30, 2015

We liked Brookdale Scotts Valley, but my father doesn't want to do it. It seemed clean, well-organized and pleasant, and the staff was very helpful. I enjoyed the tour. They had nice apartments. I wasn't blown away with how great they were, but I thought it had a nice set up and more than adequate. We visited the dining room, but we didn't eat. They seemed to have a nice menu. They made the dining room feel homey and not too hospital like or cafeteria like.

One of our requirement was that he will be able to keep his dog and they allow that there which I liked. It seemed friendly and the people seemed to be happy where they were at. I thought they were providing the needed service. My impression of the place was very positive. They had buses that took people out. You could go to church. They had activity room. It was in a nice neighborhood and I thought it was secured.

Caring107010950 May 28, 2015

I like the layout of the apartments at Brookdale Scotts Valley (Formerly Oak Tree Villa). They were very nice. I went into a loft-type and a one-bedroom. They were both very attractive. I was impressed with their apartments. They also have a library there. I think maintenance was OK. They get right on the problem if you got a leaky faucet or something like that. The problem I have is the expense. Brookdale runs around $3000 to $3500, but if you wanted something extra from what the plan was, you would have to pay for it.

Caring101188150 January 25, 2015

We were impressed with Oak Tree Villa. It was a very nice facility, and my husband liked them very much. There were several apartments that we saw; the third one was small, which was for people of more limited funds, but we liked all three of them. All the services were a la carte, and it could get kind of pricey. The staff seemed very friendly and helpful. We did meet the director, and we did see a few of the patients. It seemed like the interaction between the staff and the patient was very cordial. There weren't any activities going on when we visited, but it seemed like there was a lot of stimulation. There were some exercise classes going on, and they go to different places to go shopping.

Caring05091 September 23, 2014

Oak Tree Villa was an excellent facility. I had my mother there. We chose it because it was convenient. It is near the community where I live. It was an upgraded community. It was very, very nice. It had an environment of more of a retirement and residential as opposed to a hospital environment. It was really great. I was able to try their food and the food was good. They had two dining areas. They had a chef, and they offered incredible menu everyday. It was excellent food. The whole facility was really good. They had a full range of variety of activities. They also had transportation to appointments to the community. They had good, 24-hour around the clock security and nurses and security on grounds. Oak Tree Villa is just a place that I intend to go when I need to and I had my mother there. I think that's a really strong recommendation. It is excellent.

Christine35 June 26, 2014

Oak Tree Villa was lovely. The staff was so nice, but I couldn't remember her name. They showed us around. They explained everything. They offered to let my parents come there for a month to try it out. The rooms were nice. I didn't try the food there, but it looked very good and very healthy. A lot of people were eating. So it must have been good. The activities looked fabulous. They had people to pick them up and take them to places. I thought they were wonderful, and I thought the place was wonderful. My sister liked it, too. My dad wanted to go, but my mother refused to go.

Caring63421550 April 30, 2014

Oak Tree Villa was nice, but it is very expensive for what you get. It was clean, but it was just mediocre; it wasn’t really outstanding. I had a dessert there, and it was nice food. The staff seemed very nice. It’s in a nice area.

Caring82662750 April 29, 2014

Oak Tree Valley is very big; its layout is very large. It has three or four different buildings and two or three different levels. There were two dining rooms and one was very big; you could end up very far in the dining room. I spoke with a couple different people and they were all very nice. I was looking at studios for my mother, and the studios are a nice size. It has a bathroom and a kitchen with a little refrigerator.

Ken18 March 31, 2014

Oak Tree Villa was just down the street from us, and we've been there many times. We had friends who had stayed there, and they had been very satisfied. It was a fine establishment and apparently good. The care was of a good level, and I thought the they were very pleasant and concerned about the patients. We had positive feelings about it.

Caring76978550 January 30, 2014

I like the director at Oak Tree Villa because she was very friendly and very helpful. She had a very welcoming personality. Their rooms were okay and it has a good kitchen facility and that aspect is important to me. The place felt comfortable, but I think it's just expensive.

Judy47 November 27, 2013

Oak Tree Villa was very nice and clean. They people were very friendly. The rooms were very spacious. I liked it very much.

Caring66307750 August 15, 2013

I visited Oak Tree Villa when I was looking for a place for my mother. It was nice. They didn't seem to be as active as the other place where my mom was; however, I was there only briefly. It seemed to me that it was just very clinical. It reminded me of a nursing home rather than an assisted living home. My suggestion is for them not to be quite so clinical. It was nice and clean; when I went to the desk to ask a question, they were very helpful.

Caring0605 June 19, 2013

Everything is really nice at Oak Tree Villa. My mother is really happy there, so that's the bottom line. However, she is becoming forgetful. I don't know if it's dementia or Alzheimer's and they don't have the license to treat people of that nature.

saluki151 October 05, 2012

Oak Tree Villa is a really nice facility. Our family was real pleased with their service and professionalism. My grandmother moved in and was followed by her younger sister (my great aunt.) The assisted living facility apartments were really nice too along with the physical environment. We also loved how each resident could chose the level of assistance needed too. I ate there with my grandmother and the food was excellent and had a nice variety of food that you could chose from. Oak Tree Villa also had parking spaces for residents who could still drive along with a mini bus that took other residents on outings. Also, Oak Tree Villa had activities for residents to attend along with a barber shop that residents could go to. The local library also maintained a small library at the facilities for the residents. The only negative thing I can say about Oak Tree Villa is that parking to visit was an issue once in awhile.

Derek Wolf June 30, 2012

This place is great, the atmosphere is awesome the people who work there all know what their doing and love what their doing! I enjoy how they offer live entertainment everyday! They are a little steep on price ( all of them are) but this place was the best bang for the buck. They offer to take the elderly who live there to places on "dates/outings" ect. The rooms are great; not white a bawl, they have life the rooms are all different colors and there are several options of where they can live Thanks!

NH May 04, 2012

We got the chance to tour the facility when my grandma was looking for a place, though she decided to stay where she at right now. The place is nice, clean, and safe. The people were fine. Personally I like the place. I recommend it to someone as well.

cruzio March 31, 2012

My and wife looked at several different Centers. Chose Oak Tree Villa, I was impressed by the staff and her room was very nice as well. I like the fact that there are nurses on staff who give out medication to the residences day and night. This facility also provides transportation to and from doctors appointments which is very convenient.I The only down side I can see is the cost. Its little high. I would highly recommend Oak Tree Villa to anyone who is looking Assisted Living Care.

lponti September 29, 2011

My aunt has been staying at the Oak Tree Villa for the past six months. She was moved there because her son believed that she could not live too much longer on the steep hills of San Francisco. She has really had a mix experience with the people working at this assisted living home. The workers there are kind, sweet and willing to do whatever the patient needs. Yet, they treat the patients as though they are little kids. The caretakers speak to them as though they are superior. My aunt has really been disrespected by their talk. The location and the set up of the assisted living facility is very nice. It is in a nice area and Scotts Valley is in a nice location. My aunt loves the people she has met at the facility and has had a decent experience so far. She still longs to live in San Francisco, but she is content with living in the Oak Tree Villa.

CareAnon July 26, 2011

I have referred my long term care insurance clients to Oak Tree Villa for years. One of my dearest insured friends spent a couple years in their care recently, and it was a delight to know he was safe, well fed and in good company. His room had a balcony and enough space to comfortably accommodate his office computer, desk and printer.

From Brookdale Scotts Valley

Brookdale Scotts Valley provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Scotts Valley

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• General store
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Dining extra: All Day Dining

• Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: RCFE445294156
  • State License(s): 445294156

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Scotts Valley