Brookdale San Ramon

18888 Bollinger Canyon Rd, San Ramon, CA, 94583

Reviews of Brookdale San Ramon

Iris6 May 30, 2015

Brookdale San Ramon was in a very nice area, and if you could have an apartment at the back of the building, you would look out over the hills, and it was lovely. Actually, it was the best place I had seen.

They had three meals a day. They had a very nice dining area. They had a rec room and an area where they play bingo, bridge, and whatever you wanted. They had a library, wifi, and computer hook ups. Whenever someone left an apartment, they would go in, put in a new carpet, and repaint the walls. They offered a certain day of the week that they would take you around to the different clinics or hospitals wherever you were hooked up; they would take you and would pick you up. They offered shopping trips and things like that to shopping center and to grocery stores. They do had a lot of services. They had independent living, assisted living, and supervised living.

The manager there or the person you talked about apartments and things was extremely knowledgeable. She was very nice. I visited there twice, and each time she was extremely nice, remembered my name, remembered who I was and a lot of things about me that I told her the first time. I thought it was a very good experience.

Caring103020250 March 08, 2015

I visited Emeritus (Brookdale) in San Ramon. I thought it was nice. It is an older building, but its inside is nice. I don't really know about the staff since I only talked with two people, and they seemed pleasant enough. I thought the studio that I saw was fairly small. It was dark, but that was the only room available. I didn't really see any of the others so I don't know whether if it was just that particular room. It was pleasant enough, and it looked clean. I didn't observe any activities, but they had a TV down there and it looked like it was setup for games. Nothing really impressed me with the facility.

Wendy29 February 19, 2015

Emeritus at San Ramon were extraordinarily clean; the bigger rooms were better while the smaller rooms were more like a motel setting. However, the outside grounds were beautiful. The view was stunning. Definitely, a very warm and welcoming environment for anybody; it felt more like a home than it did a facility. The staff was very genuine. I also found them to be very clean and well-organized. The nursing staff was very good with their residents. Again, it didn't feel like they were in assisted living. It felt like they just live in a friendly community -- it wasn't so medical. Not every facility offered what they call all-day dining or anytime dining, but Emeritus did offer 7:00 A.M to 7:00 P.M anytime dining. For example, they told us that if you go in at 2:00 P.M, you could order breakfast. You didn't have to order breakfast only at breakfast, lunch only at lunch, etcetera. So that is probably a feature for some people. I know my grandma, for example, likes to eat really late, so that is something that will definitely work for them if they got to that point and needed something of that nature. Their activities seemed very well-balanced, and I was impressed with that. And Nancy -- who works at Emeritus -- actually went above and beyond and reached out to some of her contacts to help us find something that may possibly work for my grandma even avenues for her income. She really went above and beyond knowing that the facility was out of reach for my grandmother. She genuinely cared, and she wasn't just selling a property. She actually cared about the family themselves, and that means a lot.

Caring104976850 January 24, 2015

The reason we picked Emeritus was it is in the right location. It met my father's needs at the time. It is an independent living facility. I'm just trying to plan ahead when he needs more assistance. The food is adequate and fine. The place is very clean, and the grounds are kept very nicely. The rooms are typical for this kind of living arrangements. I think they need better physical therapy facilities.

Julie49 January 16, 2015

My mother never made it to Emeritus at San Ramon but it (18888 Bollinger Canyon Rd) appeared very clean, and everyone was very nice and helpful when they gave me a tour. I would recommend it; it seemed to be very nice, and I would not have any reason not to.

Darlene21 December 18, 2014

I thought Emeritus at San Ramon was well-run, it was beautiful, and they had a lot to offer the residents. I especially liked their restaurant or eating area. They were able to choose from a selection of food, not just one main meal where everyone had the same thing. It was well-kept and very nice. I am sure my mom would have loved it. The staff was great. They were very friendly.

Caring102368350 November 30, 2014

Our visit at Emeritus at San Ramon was very nice. I like the person in charge as she is so kind to me. The building was really nice, but the rooms were not really nice. They were small and overpriced. I think for what you are getting, it's too expensive, although they they might work for somebody else.

Caring62739950 July 20, 2014

I would like to go to Emeritus. My son and I toured there and we were very impressed with them, the cleanliness of the place, and their dining room. Their rooms were very nicely done and well kept. As far as I could tell, the staff was adequate. The staff seemed very friendly and very up on what they were doing, and the food was good. They seemed to have a lot of activities. They have a van with a lift so that everybody can get on it. It's within a couple of miles of shopping, and the big Kaiser Medical Center is only like 3 or 4 miles away.

Anee1 July 19, 2014

I was very pleased with Emeritus at San Ramon. They were quite friendly, and the situation at this facility seemed like it could be a good one. One thing that I liked the most is the meals are available all day long. You donÕt have to eat at a certain time. The rooms were quite spacious compared it to other facilities. Their dining room is quite nice. The residents look happy living there.

Laurie25 July 19, 2014

My mom has lived at Merrill Gardens at San Ramon, which is now Emeritus at San Ramon, for 12 years. The staff is excellent. They are very caring and actually give my mother a lot of extra attention because she has been there for so long. The nursing director is very good and always takes the time to work with you and explain things. The rooms are very nice. She has been in three different rooms in those years. They offer a lot of activities, not only within the facility, but they do senior trips. We are very pleased with having her there.

Caring87743550 June 23, 2014

Emeritus has a very different environment. The facility is old and doesn’t have life. The apartments are very small and kind of dingy. The lady who is in charge of marketing is very nice.

Caring010516 May 31, 2014

My parent felt that Emeritus at San Ramon was way too sterile. She did not care for it at all. When she asked if their patio areas were part of their rooms, they said they were not. The place did look clean; however, unfortunately, there was sort of a "perfumy-ness" to the air inside, and my parent didn't like that. Also, in terms of activities, at that time, there was nothing going on. We only saw a few people sitting in the lobby, and other than that, nothing.

Vinod1 May 29, 2014

I went to Emeritus. It's a newer building, and I noticed that there were more people in assisted living there than the independent living. The staff was good. They were very nice. There was an open cafeteria from 7 in the morning until 7 in the evening. You go and eat whenever you want to go and whenever you want to come. You can eat any time, any number of times.

Emeritus has very few residents. There are about 80 or even less. I also noticed that they put you on a waiting list. There are no rooms available. The rooms are clean. It's a little bit remote from the city but not a lot. You can probably walk less than 5 minutes and get to the shopping malls.

Andy6 April 29, 2014

My dad was in Emeritus. They have nice rooms. The dining room was nice; it was pretty, but the food wasn’t very good. The staff was somewhat helpful but not as before they changed a lot of people, and it did not get better.

Caring76738750 February 28, 2014

I didn’t like Emeritus at San Ramon. When we visited this facility, I saw one elderly woman there and a staff that is not very friendly to that elderly woman. She seemed to be kind of scolding her. Basically, I would bring set this facility at the bottom of my list. The room that they showed was filthy and it had spots on the carpet. I found this room to be very depressing.

Caring66647050 February 27, 2014

I have my mother in Emeritus. I'm very happy with it. I'd had the food and it is very good. I enjoy the food myself. Her room is kept up very nice. It's very clean. They're quality staff, they're very caring, they're very attentive, very friendly. When I need something or something needs to get done, they go ahead and they do it. I'm satisfied with everything that they do.

fabman February 04, 2012

My parents stayed at Merrill Gardens. The food is absolutely terrible. Cold to warm, soggy, and generally awful. Staff is friendly, but cleanliness is not something that is of concern to the staff. We noticed layers of dust on shelves and bureau tops or the piles of dirt that was on the rugs behind and under furniture that obviously hadn't been vacuumed for months, if not years. They are slow to send residents to the doctor. More than once, my father needed to be rushed into the hospital because the staff didn't bother to get them to the doctor before it became an emergency.

Do yourself and your elder loved ones a favor, don't let them go near this place. I'm sorry I didn't push my folks harder to move....

From Brookdale San Ramon

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale San Ramon

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Hospice care

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: nytime dining 7am-7pm

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: RCFE
  • State License(s): 79200355

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale San Ramon