Citrus Hills

142 South Prospect, Orange, CA, 92869

Reviews of Citrus Hills

Caring101377450 January 30, 2015

My mom is at Brookdale, and we are there until October when I'll bring her to my house. They are absolutely awesome, and the people are wonderful. We had a lot of problems when we first came in, and they came to our aid. Everybody is really great except the food situation. The food over there is horrible. She nearly starved to death. If I had been served the chicken they served my mom, I would have thrown it out. Nobody in that room was going to be able to eat it. The food situation and the people who were working there were awful. About the sanitation, it's good and clean. They desperately need some new carpet and stuff, but it's not that bad. But as far as the administration people, they are awesome while the maintenance people will bend over backwards to fix everything. But the food thing is really crazy. I think it's an important issue for older people.

Tom83180450 July 19, 2014

We went to Emeritus at Orange. It felt a little different from the other places we visited. The setting was kind of older, and it felt more like a hospital setting. I thought it was the layout of the building, and it doesn't seem up to date like the other facilities. The rooms were smaller. There was nothing much in front of the facility. I just noticed a few benches to sit on. There wasn't much space to walk around in, or do anything outside. The people were very nice, though. The gal who helped us was a very sweet lady, and I really liked that she had a heart for that. They do have pictures and stuff around that made it nice. I thought they had a few things going on there. They had craft activities going on in certain areas. I knew they were going to have some kind of exercise activity later on because they invited my uncle if he wanted to join them. It seemed like the people were happy there.

Ann43 March 28, 2014

Emeritus at Orange was a small facility and it was old. I guess I would describe it as more depressing, but it was clean. The staff was nice. I talked to one resident there and she was very happy there.

Caring76674050 February 28, 2014

Emeritus was a little more on the humble side and it's kind of old. The carpet in the hallway could be replaced. The staff is very nice. The residents are very nice. The activities are the same, like bingo, cards, exercise classes, they go for walks, and movie nights.

Georgette1 January 22, 2014

Summerville (Emeritus) was very clean and the people were friendly and active. The place was well-organized. The staff was very nice and Linda was superb.

Caring7103 October 28, 2013

Emeritus was old and outdated. It was its location and the upkeep that were definitely an issue for us. The rooms were really small and very outdated. However, the staff was excellent.

Meredith1 September 23, 2013

We visited Emeritus at Orange and I liked it. Everything was great it was 110%. The price was right for what it was. However, my mom didn't like it because the room was kind of small.

commercesd June 14, 2012

While driving through the region to visit friends, we decided to stop in and visit Emeritus at Orange, since we were looking for an assisted living facility where my cousin's mother could live.

We were impressed that they could accommodate our last-minute visit. The area is convenient for the family and my aunt, who has many friends in the area.

The main area seemed clean and well tended. They had many things to do like read from a great collection of books, play games and enjoy visitors from around the community.

The food looked very appetizing. There are places for residents to visit with families, as well. The dietician and chef changes up the menu to keep it interesting and encourage resident to make suggestions.

Private living spaces were all clean, well-kept and conveniently designed. They take the time to personalize to each resident's tastes.

The exercise center includes daily yoga and aerobics exercise classes. Residents can also safely navigate the lovely garden pathways and courtyards.

The outside events calendar featured many healthy and stimulating activities. We liked that the staff encourages participation and tries to make everything interesting for its residents. They have outings to local libraries, events, culture, restaurants, shopping and even athletic activities. They take suggestions to update the schedule as much as possible.

Staff appeared to make every effort to ensure that the residents were both safe and comfortable in this living environment.

About Citrus Hills

Citrus Hills is an assisted living facility in Orange, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Citrus Hills for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Citrus Hills

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system

• Hospice care

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 6 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 306001002