Atria Marina Place

Four Seaport Drive, North Quincy, MA, 02171

Reviews of Atria Marina Place

al22 June 26, 2012

When I first entered the building, I encountered a friendly senior who I had a small talk with and this was the first time I met her. I had a welcoming feeling when I walked in. I waited at the front desk for someone to assist me for about 10 minutes because no one was there. While I was waiting I looked around and saw there were coffee and muffins put out for visitors, I'm assuming. Finally after waiting for a while someone hands me an application. While filling out the application an employee comes to talk to me. She tells me what time to apply to because she is a CNA herself (the position I was applying to). I asked her if she liked working here and how long she's been working, she says she's been working for 11 years and enjoys working with the staff as well as the seniors. I rate this a 4 star based on the staff, seniors, and environment. I never worked at any other assisted living facilities, I recently became licensed.

Nan and Tony's daughter June 25, 2012

I visited 3 different assisted living facilities in the greater Boston area before finding Atria Marina Place. My dad and mom were in their late 80's and it was clear they were missing out on life by staying in their home of 55 years. We brought them to see Atria Marina Place and almost immediately they saw all the benefits of community, comfort and safety afforded to them. Plus, my dad was tired of shoveling snow in NE winters and cutting the grass in the summer. That was over 5 years ago, and even though my mom has since passed away from Alzheimer's, my Dad is going strong at 92! When my mom was in declining health with this disease, it was crucial to her well being and that of my dad to have a memory unit in the same building where he lives. That way my mom could go to Alzheimer's day care during the day and my dad had some down time for himself without anxiety. They spent each evening together in their apartment and it gave them great joy to be together until those final days.

The staff is superb!!! My husband and I don't live in New England, but we feel very connected with what is going on in my dad's life. This would not be possible except for the caring and consistent way both he and my mom have been treated. We cannot say enough good things about our decision to entrust their safety, well being and happiness to the Atria Marina Place team.

Jackie's daughter June 22, 2012

My mother has been a resident of Atria Marina Place for five years, first in independent living and for the past two years in the Memory Impairment Unit. To anyone considering Atria for themselves or a family member, I would offer this advice - do everything in your power to make it happen! When it became apparent my mother's dementia was worsening, I was sure no one would care for her the way I would. I very quickly learned I was wrong. The staff is just incredible and it starts at the top. The Executive Director constantly makes herself available to residents and family members and is so involved I actually found her shoveling a path in the snow last winter so a family member could take a resident out! I am fortunate to be able to visit my mother every day and I constantly witness the staff's gentleness and kindness to residents when they are not even aware I am observing them. I have made myself available to talk to someone who may be considering Atria Marina Place and wish to talk to a family member in addition to the staff. The sadness of watching my mother's deterioration has been greatly lessened by having her at Atria.

sethd28 December 08, 2011

This assisted living community is owned by Atria Senior LIving. It is located on the water in the beautiful part of Marina Bay, in Quincy, MA (home of John Quincy Adams). As you walk into the building it is a little confusing as to find the proper person for reception, but once you do - it is realized quickly that they are new. I went in on a Sunday afternoon, and wasn't overly impressed with the person at the lobby level, but she was a new employee according to her.The community is well built and is large. They said it had over 100 apartments, and that works out well for people coming from an urban setting. It was too big for my aunt, as she is beginning to have the first signs of dementia, and I felt she would be lost in the large setting. It does have beautiful common areas, and nice apartments. As I said, my aunt has dementia and they just felt they wouldn't have the appropriate level of staffing to satisfy her needs. That was unfortunate as I did like the apartments that we looked at during our tour at the community. It was interesting as the sales person taking me around didn't come from the industry, but showed a decent level of knowledge in my opinion.

PhobicRoll June 22, 2011

Hi, my name is Kayla. Recently I visited my best friend's grandmother who was staying Atrina Marina Place in Quincy, Massachusetts. She found the place very easy to adjust too, and said for the first time in a long time she felt comfortable. When coming to Atrina Marina that's the feeling you receive. The outside of the facility is well taken care of. The inside provides you with a very modern hotel like feel. The location of Atrina Marina is just perfect, it does offer that very suburban feel. Also having the nursing facility right there is a great convince to the elderly. I know of other places that send a shuttle bus for their assisted living citizens, and are often too far away.

From Atria Marina Place

At Atria Marina Place, you'll find a welcoming senior community just 10 minutes from Boston on the seaside enclave of Marina Bay. Invite friends and family to enjoy the fresh breeze coming from the water or participate in one of many daily activities. Atria Marina Place provides convenient transportation to nearby local attractions.

Atria Marina Place offers the following services:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
  • A choice of apartments
  • A full-time director for events and activities
  • An emergency call system in every apartment
  • Assistance with activities of daily living
  • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
  • Medication assistance