Maplewood at Newtown

166 Mount Pleasant Road, Newtown, CT, 06470

Reviews of Maplewood at Newtown

February 07, 2016

By Barb B

This is a nice facility, however the workers are over worked, they are always short staffed. The residents do not get to their meals on time. My mother has to wait 45 minutes before a CNA came to take her back to her room. It's is a shame that they do not have enough staff to help the people who pay a lot of money to live there.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us. I would like to know more specifics. Maplewood at Newtown has more than adequate staffing ratios, some of the highest in the assisted living industry so we need to learn more about your concerns. Our goal is to always provide the very best care and customer service to our residents and their families. Therefore, I would truly appreciate the opportunity of communicating further with you regarding more specifics of your concerns. Please either email me at aellen@maplewoodsl.com or call my office at 203/557/4777 and ask for me to be paged. We truly appreciate your reaching out to provide us with feedback and we want to ensure we are able to regain your confidence. I look forward to the opportunity of learning more and resolving this to your satisfaction.

January 13, 2015

Maplewood at Newtown is a very nice facility, but it is very expensive. We visited their assisted living community. That community is very nice. The layout and décor is very well maintained. The staff that toured me around was very good and very knowledgeable. The food they offered was very good.

April 22, 2014

The people at Maple at Newton were very nice. They are doing a good job, considering our situation. Overall, it's a very nice facility.

December 01, 2013

By Carol71671550

Maplewood is off the road so you're surrounded by woods even though they're building a whole over-55 development next to it. It's still separated and they have a beautiful courtyard and a nice deck. It's very nice, very clean, great staff, really nice rooms, very good food. The chefs that they have do a great job. It's in a beautiful area, nice, private and quiet. I've looked at a lot of them and this was, by far, the nicest, cleanest, most modern. They redid the painting, carpets and furniture three years ago. In the Alzheimer's part, everything is locked, coded or with keys. It also has an outside courtyard that is surrounded by their living area so it's very secure. They have crosswords, bingo, they have people come in playing music. They have family barbeque picnics. They do different activities down in the Alzheimer's where I'm staying with my mother. Upstairs they have other things going on but they have nice activities. They keep them busy.

Photos of Maplewood at Newtown

• Features Extra: Fitness Center

• Technology Extra: 24 Hour Emergency Call System

• Activities Extra: Touch Of Heart™ Brain Fitness Center

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: On Site 24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week.

About Maplewood at Newtown

Maplewood at Newtown has much to offer residents and families - from the sunlit lobby and resort-style courtyards to the helpful concierge service and family-friendly country store. Thoughtfully laid-out apartments designed specifically for older adults are beautifully appointed and feature a modern kitchenette with granite countertops, private bathroom (many with universal access) and state-of-the-art safety features. Common areas - such as the Sunset Pub and movie screening room - are perfect for family visits.

Map of Maplewood at Newtown