Tanglewood Trace

530 Tanglewood Lane, Mishawaka, IN, 46545

Reviews of Tanglewood Trace

February 27, 2016

By Pam Petersohn

My brother and I are very pleased with the quality and care that Tanglewood provides. We can breathe easily now that we know that mom is safe and happy here at Tanglewood.

February 27, 2016

By Dorothy Lindorf

I made up my mind that I wasn't going to like it here, but I changed my mind!

December 23, 2015

By Nancy121154150

My husband I moved in a few years ago. He passed away last April and I decided to move out on my own again. I found I missed Tanglewood and needed the amenities. I moved back in 3 months ago and I love it. I will not consider moving again. I missed the socialization and the staff is exceptional. I would recommend Tanglewood to anyone.

November 30, 2015

By Wilbur W.

It’s a smaller senior care provider that is able to offer a better ratio of staff to residents. The staff members showed respect and love whenever they helped my mom. Tanglewood Trace facility is well-run, clean and a fun place to live. The activities are creative and keep many of the residents involved.

November 30, 2015

By Roy Bergunder

I moved my father to Tanglewood in 2014. The move in process was easy. Everyone was and is so nice. Everytime he needs anything, the maintenance department is on it. He is independent and lives in a villa. He loves it. He is independent but still has the security of someone close.

November 22, 2015

By Glynae

Our visit with Tanglewood Trace was wonderful; however, my mom could not afford it right now. They were very friendly and very nice. There were lots of people playing cards and other activities. It was really nice. The rooms were wonderful. I would recommend them to others.

November 03, 2015

By Tanglewood Family

Ridgeline is the new management company for the residents of Tanglewood Trace. My Mother received care from the staff that made our family at ease. They handle their job with love and respect for their residents. The many activities are creative and designed tokeep a majority of the residents involved. Ridgeline has improved the dining experience and polls the resident for their favorite recipes and their feedback. The housekeeping and laundry service is staffed by people that want the residents to feel at home. The nursing staff and aides went above and beyond the call of duty keeping my Mom clean and healthy. Tanglewood bus and van transportation is first class. Handicap accessible and available for all residents. The Tanglewood community is not your normal Assisted Living experience it well exceeded our expectations!

March 27, 2015

Right now, my aunt is at Tanglewood Trace. We have been very dissatisfied with it. The food was great. The rooms were nice. The activities were good. It was the nursing care that she was provided with. When she was first transferred there, they did not get the medication instructions correct from the facility she was transferred there from, so they were not giving her medication properly. When I took the discharge papers to the nurses station after going back and forth with them well over a week that they were not giving her medication correctly, they found that they were doing it wrong, that they had read the papers wrong. In the last incident that just happened last week, they took her to the ER, and I did have a missed call on my cellphone, but no one ever informed us that my aunt went to the ER. There were a lot of things that made us very unhappy. My biggest concern was the health care issue. As far as the room, the room was fine. The meals were good; my aunt enjoyed the food. As far as those things went, those things were fine. It was just that the medical care that my aunt was supposed to be receiving is more important, because she was in the assisted living side. As far as activities, they had Bible groups, knitting classes, and manicures. They would have people come in and play the piano. They have lots of things like that. She really enjoyed that.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us isn’t meeting you and your loved one’s expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

February 16, 2015

My mom is at Tanglewood Trace right now. It compasses everything she needs. It’s clean, and the people are responsive. It’s a lower level; you don’t have to take stairs or elevators. The staff seemed to be conscientious; they work with my mom, and I usually get an answer back pretty quickly. People appear to be easy to work with, and they answer my questions.

January 16, 2015

We visited Tanglewood Trace, and the rooms looked nice; we just didn’t feel comfortable with proper nursing care. We saw some people sitting around in the lounge area. The sanitation looked like it was in great shape. The rooms were not that far from the dining room.

June 16, 2014

My dad has gone on his own and decided on Tanglewood Trace. It’s more homey. It’s clean, it’s neat, and it’s in a nice area. It’s my mom who has Alzheimer’s. Dad doesn’t necessarily need assisted living, but he wants to live with my mother. Tanglewood was one of the places that can take care of her. The price is good, and the care seems to be good. He has a 1-bedroom apartment. The rooms are nice and big. They put in new carpet, and they got new paint on the walls when he moved in. I like the staff. They seem really friendly and helpful. They do have church services. I think that’s the only thing my dad goes to. They have a bunch of stuff there. They have somebody do music. They have special nights when you can have your family in. They do all kinds of different arts and crafts and road trips. They have really good food. The dining area is very nice with the white table cloths, and the tableware is nice. It’s a nice experience.

June 05, 2014

By JL 2014

Quality of care has significantly declined over the past year or two. Consistently short-staffed, call lights take up to 30 minutes or more to be answered, and both the former DON and new DON are poor about returning phone calls. Have spoken with administrators about items missing from my grandmother's room with assurances that they would be replaced, but they haven't been. Medical orders have fallen through the cracks, and even after asking staff about them, we are told, "We'll follow up on that tomorrow", but they often "forget" or day shift claism they didn't get the message. They do keep the facility clean and it is bright. They have a good number and variety of activities. The food is good and there is a good variety. However, it doesn't make up for the decline in care, the lack of follow-up on medical issues, and the poor communication. Will be seeking a new facility for Grandma.

May 30, 2014

By Becky18

My mom is in Tanglewood Trade, and I highly recommend them. They are very good. It is a secure facility. It is very clean and in a good location. It is close to us, and we can come there frequently. The staff is very knowledgeable and helpful. The food is good. They have all kinds of activities, and they go on shopping trips. They always have something going on, and she is happy there.

April 05, 2014

By June12

Mom is in Tanglewood. The rooms are of decent size, it’s got a separate bedroom and quite large living area. The staff is very helpful. There are plenty of activities. One of the things that really stood out to me is when you walk in, it’s like in a nice hotel environment. There’s no smell when you walk in. They could improve on the communication with the residents.

March 31, 2014

By GRANDMA51

My mother has lived there for years. Quality of care has declined steadily over the past two years. Calls for help may easily take up to half an hour. The place is severely understaffed and though Emeritus is trying to get & keep good people, it seems there are new people nearly every week and not enough of them. Food quality is an ongoing issue. And yes, I agree with others, the apartments are very nice, not just the square or rectangle of many others. Being on one level is wonderful, The bedrooms are fairly large with room for a queen bed. Assisted living apartments do not include a full kitchen, but a small sink, small refrigerator, a microwave and a few cabinets, leaving more space for living.

March 29, 2014

By Theresa19

Tanglewood Trace was very nice, very clean. It was a lot bigger than the other two facilities I have visited. I would say it had a little bit more in the way of nursing care if you needed it.

December 30, 2013

By Perry1

We knew other people that were in Tanglewood Trace. The staff was very friendly, especially the person who's in-charge of activities was wonderful. They have all kinds of activities. They take the residents out on mystery rides and to go to different places. However, they could improve on the food.

December 30, 2013

The location and the price are the two things that I like about Tanglewood when I visited the facility. The facility is also very nice. The rooms were just pretty small.

October 16, 2013

By Pattie3

I visited Tanglewood Trace and I liked that place too. They were doing some remodelling and that place seems to be very gracious and appropriate for my dad as well.

September 12, 2013

By caring7964

Tanglewood Trace is great. It is very well kept, spacious and clean. They have lots of amenities for their occupants. We were met by the manager on duty and she gave us a tour. It was for my father. I didn't really get a chance to interact with the residents. They were having their lunch when we went there. We also didn't see any activities going on, but they do have all their activities posted. Food was delicious. Overall, it is a great facility and I wouldn't mind moving there myself.

June 12, 2013

By Mike S.

My father moved to Tanglewood Trace. He seems to be very happy with the place. It's very open and airy. He likes the food and sits at a table with four other guys. Medical care is fine. People tend to be very pleasant. My dad made a comment that he's very happy with the staff. There's still room for improvement in terms of communication.

March 29, 2013

By caring3502

My father has decided to move into Tanglewood Trace. What we like best about the facility is its location and over-all, my father likes it very much.

Services & Amenities of Tanglewood Trace

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 9

• State Licenses: 15-009669-1

About Tanglewood Trace

At Tanglewood Trace, a senior living community with independent and assisted living options, you’ll enjoy calming views of our beautifully landscaped grounds from your apartment windows.

Throughout our full-care senior campus, residents have the opportunity to engage and socialize with one another in any one of our designated communal spaces. And because we understand the importance of getting out and into the public sphere of Mishawaka, IN, we offer weekly outings, with transportation provided by our passenger van. Whether shopping and dining is your thing, or attending cultural events, musicals, and plays, Tanglewood Trace offers you the freedom of choice, and the means, to get you where you want to go.

Map of Tanglewood Trace