Regency Retirement Village - Huntsville

2004 Max Luther Dr., Huntsville, AL, 35810

Reviews of Regency Retirement Village - Huntsville

Caring105464350 April 25, 2015

Regency could accommodate one parent, but not the other one at that time. It was close to their siblings as well. It appeared to be updated in everything. The people that I came in contact with seemed very nice.

Caring102769050 April 05, 2015

The assisted living of Regency is lovely, and it would be a great choice. The rehab as it stands, I would not want her there now. Their rehab facilities look like traditional, old fashioned homes. They are in the process of building a rehab unit. They have a lot of property, and they are building what they told us a state of the art center that will open in the summer. But right now, I would not consider their rehab because it is very small and it is just lacking. The assisted living is fabulous. They are kind of bringing it up to speed, and they are doing a good job. It is a lovely place, and they are in the process of upgrading their rehab. They've been very friendly and really pleasant to work with. I just wouldn't put my father there because I think it looks like a nursing home that nobody ever comes out of. They understand that, and they know what it looks like. But they continue to say that the care is very good which very well may be true, but I have to go with kind of my gut feeling.

Caring107673550 March 15, 2015

I chose Regency Retirement Village because of location. This is for my father, and this is really the only facility we looked at. This is the only one we really considered. The staff is good. The room is adequate. The activities vary from day to day. They have some in the morning, some in the afternoon, and some in the evening.

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a October 06, 2014

As conservator and guardian for my brother who had a stroke, we visited several facilities that offered an independent living option for residents. We found the staff incredibly friendly and helpful. We were very surprised that they seemed to know all the names of residents we saw in the hallways as we toured the facility. The facility itself is well-maintained on a large property. The menu choices and food in the dining area for residents and families is the best I have seen in a residential setting. My brother has been extremely pleased with his studio apartment and the amenities that come with it--cable, phone, utilities, meals, once weekly housekeeping and laundry service for sheets and towels. We have found the situation and price the best of any facilities we visited.

Caring94527050 September 01, 2014

I went to Regency. I was very impressed with their facility. It’s three levels of independent, assisted, and skilled nursing care. I knew some people who were there who had relatives and I just know that it’s not too far from where we live. It was very pleasant and attractive. The facility was well-maintained. The person who led me around was extremely nice. He answered all my questions and was very personable. I had lunch with them; they had a good lunch. I like the activities; it seemed that they had a lot of activities and amenities. They gave free pedicures and manicures. They also have exercises as well as a barbeque area where you can have family members come in and picnic. They have a swimming pool and they do water aerobics. They just did a lot of things. I liked the size of the apartments, too. I looked at a two-bedroom and one-bedroom apartment. The two-bedroom was about 1,000 square feet. It looked like it was fairly roomy. The one-bedroom wasn’t as nice in terms of size. However, there were a couple of things that I didn’t like. I didn’t like the fact that they had only washers and dryers in a common area; they didn’t have any in the apartments. And they didn’t have full kitchens -- they only have microwaves and refrigerators. They had no storage outside of the apartments. Those were a couple of the drawbacks.

Julia8 August 28, 2014

I live at Regency Retirement Village. It is a very good place to live. They have activities for anybody who wants to take part. If you don't want to take part, you don't have to. They serve three meals a day. I like the people. The staff is excellent. I have studio apartment with a regular kitchen. I will recommend them to others.

Caring78951250 February 28, 2014

I visited Regency Retirement Village for my in-laws. It was recommended by a friend. I was pleased with the staff and the facility. I was pleased everything. My first impression of them was that they were very professional, warm and welcoming. The staff's work ethic I thought was very good. Their rooms were nice. The dining room was very open, spacious and nice. For activities, they did have exercise classes, movies and games.

Catherine8 December 27, 2013

Regency Retirement Village (Max Luther Drive) was a little bigger and I think they have a few more activities there. It was a high-end facility. Their fees would go up like 2-3% a year. I would recommend this place if they could afford it. The staff was very friendly. They did have different activities for their residents. It was a multiple-floor facility but on each floor, they have their own activity room so that they don't have to leave that floor. They also would take their residents out shopping on a bus. My husband could have his own room there but he would have to share the bathroom and closet space with another resident. It was also just a big room enough for a bed and a dresser; there wasn't any room in there for a chair to sit in. In terms of care level, if my husband would need more care, e.g., memory care or nursing care, they told me that if he was the first in ALF, he would get the first option if an opening came up.

Melanie C. June 12, 2013

Regency Retirement Community will be my first option for my mom. The facility is large and clean. The facility is a familiar village for her because my grandmother had stayed there. The staff is nice. It also has all the activities for the residents. It has all levels of care. You can go from independent living to a nursing home in that one building. That would be an advantage in case if she moved there and if she would be needing more care, then we would have to move her to another facility. We just have to move her up the stairs to another level.

irish4girl February 13, 2013

Back in March of 2012, my mom was Alhzeimer's Unit on the Assisted Living side of Regency. I was worried about her all the time. She fell and broke her arm, another time she fell and wasn't found until hours later and she had a concussion. The final time she fell she fractured her hip and had to be hospitalized. When she was released from the hospital, she moved over the the Nursing Home / Rehab side. The move has literally been a day and night difference. The care she receives is much better. The staff knows what is going on with each patient. She has not fallen or had no go to the ER in almost a year since the move.

I realize that each unit is different, but the level of care that is provided on the Nursing Home side is far superior to the care provided on the Assisted Living side. Every where you go there are good staff and ones that are just there for a paycheck. But the fact that mom hasn't had a trip to the ER in almost a year is telling in its self.

From Regency Retirement Village - Huntsville

Our charming, peaceful assisted living community is situated on thirty beautifully landscaped acres. Living at Regency Retirement Villlage offers the opportunity to experience the good things in life. The pace varies as much as the individual resident. One day you might want to enjoy a bridge game with friends, come along on a shopping trip, visit a historical site, or attend a concert. The next day you may prefer the peace and quiet of reading a book on the patio or strolling through the flower garden. Every day can be whatever you want to make it and as enriching as you choose. Meeting your needs on a daily basis is our goal. Begin your life at Regency Retirement Village and see why our residents say, "It not only feels like home, it is home!"

Features of Regency Retirement Village - Huntsville

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee

• Minimum age: 55