Sunrise of Gurnee

500 North Hunt Club Road, Gurnee, IL, 60031

Reviews of Sunrise of Gurnee

Carol111498850 August 05, 2015

They were lovely at Sunrise of Gurnee. They seemed to be offering the same level of care as the other facility I went to except they were quite a bit more expensive, plus if my aunt was there and she ran out of money, she would have to be discharged. The rooms and apartments were larger than most.

Caring105273050 April 17, 2015

Sunrise of Gurnee was very good. They were very friendly and caring. The environment was very nice.

Caring0384 October 16, 2014

Sunrise of Gurnee is very nice, clean, and it’s the place I want to go. I would like to go there for a vacation because the staff was wonderful -- very friendly -- and the atmosphere is very upbeat. I can’t smell anything, and the rooms were incredible; we were really impressed by it. It looked better than some of the hotels I’ve been. There is a kitchenette that was separate from the rooms, two separate rooms, that each had their own little walk-in closet, and a bed that was unbelievably more comfortable than what I’m sleeping on now. The window we looked out had a view of a little pond, but it’s like almost a backdrop to a forest reserve. They have a little garden for them to fill, and they had actually tomatoes growing. The dining was like going into a restaurant.

There’s a porch when you first walked in and a secondary porch that allows for a lot of use, but its climate controlled; it’s a tree post deck. When you walk in, there is a grand piano, and they have a mini bar with coffee, juice, and cookies which they have access to all the time. There’s a lot of activities; they take them out on outings, they take up to the Chicago Botanical Gardens, shopping if they want to go, and there is a jukebox. What we like also is that the security is very good, and in case of fire they have fire doors and a slide if they evacuate that pulls off.

Clara5 June 30, 2014

Sunrise of Gurnee was very nice. It was the first one we went to. What I like best about it is their setting. It was very good. The lobby was very nice with a very open feeling. It seemed to have very nice facilities. The rooms were very nice. The staff seemed to be very accommodating. They have various activities.

Caring72870850 March 28, 2014

Sunrise of Gurnee was a very nice place, but there was something that wasn't there, though I don't know what it was. The rooms looked OK but mostly smaller. The staff was OK, just so-so. Some people who I know very well had been there, and some of them had died, but they always liked it.

Caring76991050 March 26, 2014

Sunrise of Gurnee is a beautiful facility. The only thing was, it's a very high-end place and we could not afford that facility. They offer quite a few choices with their food. The rooms were beautiful.

nevergohere February 27, 2014

First Impressions Are Usually The Most Important.... Do NOT go to the Gurnee IL. facility unless you want to have the same first impression I had. As soon as I walked up to the counter, the person at the information desk was extremely rude, had a nasty attitude, a horrible demeanor, and was NOT helpful in my pursuits at the facility. I will NEVER go here again ! If I could give the facility zero stars I would ! Do NOT Bring Your Loved Ones Here Unless You Want Them To Be Taken Care Of By People Like This !

baratgfc May 19, 2012

The experience was very positive. The facilities were clean and well-maintained. Everyone we met with was friendly and courteous and knowledgable. They were very understanding of the issues associated with placing my friend's mother in this facility. The units appeared to be very comfortable and well furnished. The "commons" area was easily accessible and had a homey feel to it.

Social Wk Care Mngr December 19, 2011

There are many Sunrises to choose from in the Chicago region, this is probably the furthest north location, accessible even from southern Wisconsin. It is in a safe area that is primarily a business district. There is a small area of designated outdoor space, but also a large "screen porch" or sunroom area on the front of the building that residents enjoy. The common areas are warmly decorated in typical Sunrise style; there are tasteful home-like furnishings and a soothing mix of color and texture. Like all Sunrise communities, there is plenty of common area space both on the main level and on each care floor for residents and visitors to enjoy. This facility is typically very neat, clean, and well maintained. The apartments are available in different sizes and configurations at different price points. Most are single occupancy though some couples will occasionally reside at Sunrise in larger units. Large windows provide plentiful light and there is an above average amount of storage space. The staff at this particular Sunrise is historically very responsive, kind, and engaged with the residents. Staff turnover is average to below average for this type of setting. The food is average to above average with most meals well liked by most residents.

From Sunrise of Gurnee

Located close to Gurnee Mills Shopping and I-294, Sunrise of Gurnee is close to many area amenities, with beautiful woods and pond view. We pride ourselves in our family atmosphere and close-knit group of residents and staff.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can?t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping.

Look around and you?ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Features of Sunrise of Gurnee

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24-hour security gate