Morningside of Gainesville

2435 Limestone Parkway, Gainesville, GA, 30501

Reviews of Morningside of Gainesville

Paula115871850 November 16, 2015

I visited Morningside of Gainesville for my parents. If it wasn’t for the money, it would have been my first choice, but it was about $3,000 a month more than the other place. If I had to chose a place 5 to 10 years ago when my parents were more active, I definitely would have chosen Morningside. I would rate it the best of the places I've seen, plus the staff was more professional and more organized. I saw the rooms, and they were wonderful. They actually had a kitchenette in their rooms, which was very nice. The amount of storage and the way their bathrooms were laid out were very nice.

Lucy17 July 29, 2015

Morningside of Gainesville is a single level community with an interior courtyard, and it’s very well-maintained. They offer single rooms with a large bath and a closet, and some where you can get a two room apartment. My mother took one of those two room apartments, and it’s a very attractive. The residents wear a little beeper so that they have someone who can come and help them at anytime, and they have various levels of help that they can give to residents. Residents can take their meals either in their room or in the dining hall with the other residents. They have partnered with a one of the larger clinic in Gainesville, and they have a nurse or a nurse physician who comes at least once a week and will check on the patients so that for preliminary evaluations they do not have to go to a doctor’s office; the doctor’s office comes to them. We like this one so much, and it is also very close to where I live, which is an advantage.

Caring0572 May 28, 2013

The staff at Morningside of Gainesville is excellent to my mother-in-law. They'd come at any time she wants them to come. Her room and the food are very nice. We picked this facility for her because it is close to where we live and very convenient for us. She has a little dementia and she feels comfortable there. It's just a small, one-floor building, so it's easy for her to get around.

skepticalj September 29, 2011

Morningside is a wonderful facility nestled in beautiful Gainesville, GA. My wife's grandmother stays there, she is 94 years old. The staff are attentive and extremely friendly. I have never seen a sour face in all the times we have visited her. The staff accomodate many requests eargerly and happily. My wife's grandmother loves a hot black coffee in the afternoon and the nurses always bring her one even though it is not a normal duty.The owner/operator of the facility whom the residents call "The Big Dog" regularly is seen interacting with the residents and guests. They have excellent food and once a month invite family members for a true Southern Barbeque. The grounds are well maintained and include a vegetable garden which feature in the facilities menus. A beautiful courtyard area is in the middle of the grounds and includes a nice water fountain among the myriad flowers. One of the best features in my opinion is the large wrap-around porch where we have all sat and talked.I am very pleased with Morningside and would not hesitate to recommend it.

Concerned Social Worker July 28, 2011

With fewer than 50 beds, this facility is small, but really nice.

It's located back off the road"”near town, but not directly near any loud main road. Also, trees divide it off from the main road"”and there is a fenced yard, providing a private outside area for residents to enjoy. There are also little porches where residents can sit outside with visitors, which gives it the feeling of a nice place you would go to visit your grandma in the country.

When you come in, there is an administrative person who explains the protocol of the place. There is an open view into the dining room and activity area, so residents are monitored at all times. The nurse's stations are also positioned so that staff can see and monitor residents.

Morningside has had the same executive director and nurse for several years, and there is an overall low turnover in staff. The head nurse in particular is very hands-on with residents and extremely picky with the kind of care allowed there.

The entire place is well maintained and free of smells.

The rooms are average size"”with a kitchenette, but no stoves. The food served in the common dining room is fairly cookie cutter"”although the staff goes around with refreshments during the day, which provides a nice touch.

There is a van to take residents to appointments and on outings such as to the local Wal-Mart. The activity director also plans a lot of games and activities likely to be of interest to a number of people; residents are encouraged to participate. Pet therapy is also allowed.

Respite care is offered, although there is no specialized memory care.

One drawback: If people get memory problems or need more care, they have to find a new place to live. But the memory care facility that most get sent to is close by"”so not as difficult or disrupting a move as could be. The memory care unit is private pay only.

TopAxe June 02, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

Morningside was a superb facility for my grandfather, who sadly passed away in 2004. In his declining months he stayed at Morningside and we were all very pleased not only with the company, but also the building, the staff, and his room. He was very comfortable in his private room and the staff doted on him incessantly. The only issue we had, unfortunately, was cost. However, we have and do highly recommend Morningside to anyone who is considering using an assisted living facility.

From Morningside of Gainesville

Morningside of Gainesville offers compassionate senior care in Gainesville , GA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Morningside of Gainesville shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Gainesville , GA.

Features of Morningside of Gainesville

• Low salt

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• We charge an entry fee

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65