HeartFields at Fredericksburg

20 Heartfields Lane, Fredericksburg, VA, 22405

Reviews of HeartFields at Fredericksburg

DSRGACZ May 19, 2016

Heartfields at Fredericksburg was a nice place. If I was looking for myself, I would have probably chosen it. I liked the environment and the tour, but I don't think it would have been as good a place for my sister because it seemed a little too classy. She would have thought it was too good for her. I thought it had the nicest layout. I liked their activity room where they have facilities for people putting things away and folding clothes and doing activities that they may have done in their healthier years. I liked that they had a walking trail outside and the garden outside the dining room. The dining room was very appealing.

Michael118379050 December 31, 2015

Heartfields was a very nice community and comfortable, but at the time of my visit, they didn’t have any vacancies. I did talk to a couple of residents and they were very happy with the service they were getting. The place was clean, and the staff was friendly.

Robert100210950 December 28, 2014

Heartfields was a nice place, but it was just way outside of my ability to be able to pay for. You have to make your own arrangements, and it’s very expensive, but I would recommend this place.

K3 December 26, 2014

HeartFields at Fredericksburg is one of our top three choices. I'm very pleased with the attitude and spirit of the place. The workers, caregivers, everybody seemed to be very caring, and that is evident in the people that are there. They looked cared for, and the place was clean and had everything that we were looking for our mother. The accommodations were very good. The menu looked great, but the dining area where they will eat their meals was very small, and many of the Alzheimer's dementia patients were in wheelchairs which my mother also is, so it just looked like it would be a little crowded in maneuvering people.

Greg17 April 29, 2014

I have visited HeartFields. The place is very clean. I was very impressed with it. It didn't smell like a medicine home. The staff was very personable. The rooms looked good. We went to a couple of different floors, and we looked about three rooms that were open. They had activities there, as far as different things going on every day for the residents. They had classes if they wanted to exercise. They had outings, and they go to the movies. They can go to shopping, and churches come in and do various things as well. You could be in downtown Fredericksburg in probably five minutes from the place. The plus was that they told me that they checked on the residents at night every two hours. My aunt is blind, so that was one of my concerns.

Caring0357 April 22, 2014

HeartFields at Fredericksburg was a very nice place with very friendly people; however, the cost was going to be out of her range for us. They charge on a daily basis. It would have been out of reach for my sister. Nevertheless, the rooms were a decent size. My sister was willing to split a room with somebody else, but they didn't have too many double rooms. It seemed like on a weekly basis they had something going on. They did have arts and crafts, bingo, and music. Overall, the place was in beautiful condition and nice-looking. They are definitely 5-star for folks who can afford it.

daughter1234 December 16, 2013

When I went in for a tour there were many residents in the lobby listening to a bluegrass type band. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and were being served fresh baked cookies by the staff. We were invited to lunch with our tour. The chef's salad was what you would expect and the stuffed shells were good. The pie was wonderful! We were pleasantly surprised by the natural light coming in from skylights on the upper levels. Some of the extras include birds in an atrium and puzzle stations set up for anyone to amuse themselves when activities are not happening. There is also a walking track and gazebo in the back garden. Once I adjusted to the sticker shock of the room, and visited other assisted living facilities, I realized all the local places were priced about the same, but HeartFields was much cleaner, the rooms were nicer, and the feel was "more like home" than anything else we saw. We are confident our parents will be well cared for here.

kevinosd October 25, 2012

All in all, I believe that this facility was above average in rating. The location is alright considering it is in a suburban area very close to a busy road and within an hour to the district of columbia. The staff was nice but very scarce. The only thing that I would complain about the staff would be the sense of routine. It seemed like they weren't very conversational, and that they were just in the routine of doing their job. During meal times, it seemed like there was a lower ratio of staff to each person. The overall cleanliness of the facility was alright as well. It did seem like the facility was kept clean but not very often as there was dust and a musky smell in some places. The food they serve at meal times is definitely not the best but it isn't bad on the other hand either.

010 August 28, 2012

Heartfield Assisted Living is a decent location to place your loved one when they are in need of an assisted living facility. The rooms were large and spacious, which was a bonus. The staff was considerate and caring, but at times, especially meal times, increased staffing would be beneficial to the residents. The residents seemed to enjoy the recreational activities that were provided and the socialization with other residents. The variety of activities is good and you can tell the staff puts some thought into the recreation schedule. The location is very secure since they treat Alzheimers and Dementia patients there as well. The facility was not as clean as one would hope and needed some spring cleaning, especially dusting of picture frames and the like. The grounds were kept up very nicely, although it is located on a fairly busy roadway. They serve three nutritious meals a day. A lot of the food is prepared very blandly and without much seasoning which could be improved upon. All and all, the facility is nice, safe, and comfortable without many of the "bells and whistles" that are offered at more luxurious facilities.

playsinpaint June 30, 2012

I visit all the assisted living communities in Fredericksburg on a regular basis as a medical courier. I have very hard opinions on most of them, Heartfields is one of the cleanest, and efficient facilities in this area. The staff is very friendly and the people well taken care of. They are extremely clean and there is never a foul odor, overall I rate Heartfields as a perfect 10.

TheDynasty April 13, 2012

Overall I had a good experience. The staff were very routine oriented. They were not mean but they did not make much eye contact. I am unsure if this was due to the people in which they have daily contact with. The facility was very clean. It did have a bit of a smell to it but nothing to far out of the ordinary. The living space that I had the pleasure of viewing was fairly clean, structured and maintained well in regards to the wall/floors. I would recommend that some of the staff treat visitors as visitors instead of people just passing through their place of employment. All in all it was a good experience but the staff do need to portray customer service to not only their patients but to the patient's visitors as well. My great aunt has not complained about this living provider not one bit. If my aunt is happy then I am happy as well.

5StarFriend September 11, 2011

I have visited this facility many times and cannot express how nice and welcoming the staff is. They always have a smile on their face and work with you to ensure everything is taken care of. Although the facility looks a bit outdated on the inside they are about to remodel, which looks fabulous. The food is not necessarily 5 Star quality food but definitely nothing I would turn my nose up at. There are so many activities for residents to participate in that I wouldn't know what to do with. It isn't the cheapest place around but most definitely one of the best Assisted Living facilities around!

TrainChi July 30, 2011

Fredericksburg is located midway between Washington, D.C. and Richmond, Virginia, and this is one of the areas that I considered when looking for an assisted living facility for my mom. Although I was living in Richmond, my mom had lived outside of the nation's capital, so checking out facilities in Fredericksburg was a logical option.I visited Heartfields, which specializes in assisted living and Alzheimer's care. My mom does not have dementia, so I was looking for a place that would keep her safe, healthy and happy, and which would have enough activities to keep her from being bored. I was also looking for a place that was affordable and which had a good relationship with local care providers, such as doctors and other medical personnel.Hearfields scored fairly high on all of my requirements. It is a well-maintained facility and fairly small. It only has about 65 apartments in the assisted living part and a team of CNAs and med techs that seem committed to the residents. Heartfields is a three-story building with very cute apartments that are practical and functional. The residents seemed well-cared for and were very talkative. All of them raved about the care they were getting and encouraged me to allow my mother to live there.Although I liked Hearfields, I was not completely comfortable with some of their policies and procedures. I came prepared with questions, and some of their answers about how they would deal with certain emergencies left me feeling like much work needed to be done to raise the level of safety. I also saw several residents who had obvious dementia wandering around the common areas, and this concerned me. My mother does not have memory issues and I would not want her to have to worry about residents who might have cognitive impairment.Heartfields seems to have a good (but not great) activity program and the meals, as depicted on the menu, appear to be balanced. I was not offered an opportunity to sample any of their food.I decided against Heartfields because I had seen better facilities, and having my mom in Fredericksburg would mean a longer commute for me to come and visit her. On the plus side, Heartfields was more affordable than any of the residences in the Washington, D.C. or Richmond areas. So I would definitely tell prospetive clients to check out Heartfields and decide if it would work for their loved one.

From HeartFields at Fredericksburg

HeartFields at Fredericksburg offers compassionate senior care in Fredericksburg, VA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at HeartFields at Fredericksburg shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Fredericksburg, VA.

With 15 years experience in the area, we have a wonderful reputation in the community and work well with all local doctors and health professionals.

Features of HeartFields at Fredericksburg

• Sign
  • Spanish

• General store
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, paved walking track, outdoor gazebo, forested acreage

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: We partner with a local elementary school and help kids practice their reading.

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• Dining extra: Kitchenettes in all rooms

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 21

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of HeartFields at Fredericksburg