Morningside of Evans

353 North Belair Road, Evans, GA, 30809

Reviews of Morningside of Evans

October 19, 2013

By RelativeOne

My Mom has been at Morningside for about 2 years now. When it became necessary to face that we couldn't care for her, she [and we] were concerned about her loosing her independence and wanted to make sure that she would be cared for with diligence, respect and not be lonely. When we found Morningside. We toured the facility which is very nice and homelike and well maintained. We met and talked with the staff, met some of the residents, and were impressed and relieved. So Mom and we made the decision and she moved in. Not only has the staff helped Mom make the transition from independent living to assisted care, Mom has made friends with many of the residents and staff. She still misses home and independence, but she has made the transition completely. My wife and I are pleased because we have experienced their continuing care and concern for Mom. We are kept informed of her status and we know that her health and well being are monitored. They monitor and distribute her medications with diligence. The meals are nutritious and tasty, [We have eaten there several times.] and they check on Mom to make sure she doesn't miss any meals. If she is having mobility issues at meal time, they will bring her food to her. They also provide laundry service and assistance [if needed] for bathing. One special note that helped us feel better is that each resident wears a life alert monitor that they can use if they need assistance or are in distress. They provide daily/weekly activities [interpersonal, health, religious, entertainment] that keep her active and socially interactive. They have special entertainment from groups and individuals that come in regularly. On Holidays/special days, they have well planned events and meals for guests such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and etc. My wife and I feel good knowing that Mom is well cared for both physically, mentally and socially.

October 04, 2013

By Morningside Review

Morningside of Evans has been a great place for Mom to live for the past two years. It's safe and secure with 24/7 help if she needs it. All her medications are given on time, and she gets help with bathing and dressing. There's even a beauty salon down the hall. Cleaning and laundry services are also provided. There are reminders before each meal so she can get to the dining room in time. The menu is varied and the food choices are good. There's plenty of opportunity to mingle with other residents and to enjoy activities, entertainment, or to just take a nap. The staff is very caring and patient and makes living there fun. Seasons and holidays are celebrated and activity calendars and newsletters let residents know what's ahead. We like that all living areas are on one floor and are easy for Mom's walker and wheelchair to maneuver. Residents can easily travel from living room to dining room to the big front "wrap around" porch to enjoy each other's company and conversation. Mom says the caregivers are all wonderful to her and any issues that have occurred have been addressed promptly and to our satisfaction. We couldn't ask for more. The Family of Mrs. Nichols

September 30, 2013

By jcannon

Over the past 15 months, Morningside of Evans is the 2nd assisted living facility in which my mother has resided. When my sister and I moved mother to Morningside, it didn't take long to notice the significant improvement in living conditions. While no place will ever be like home, my sister and I looked for a facility that would provide, to my mother, a comfortable atmosphere. This facility provides a clean smell and cheerful appearance, safety for the residents, 3 good meals a day, and numerous activities for residents to participate in. Staff administers all mother's medications in a safe and consistent manner. Residents are nice and seem content, for I talk with several on most every visit. As in any business, not every staff member is perfect, but most are very good at what they do. There is one assisted living facility close by that has many of Morningside's good qualities, but is much more expensive. As long as my mother can maintain her level of health well enough to reside at Morningside, my family is very satisfied with the care this facility provides and would highly recommend it to anyone.

September 13, 2012

By Ryan Owens

The facilities were acceptable and comparable to almost every other assisted living home that I've visited. The reason that I wasn't able to give five stars was the menial staff individuals. Almost every one, to a tee, were either unpleasant or downright rude. With this being said, the nurses and doctors seemed to be respectful and pleasant, although our experiences with them were much less numerous.

July 05, 2012

By jmsaffro

The staff were very friendly, the grounds were well maintained and the facilities were all very clean and accessible. They served three meals a day, and I ate two meals at the site. The food was decent. The individual living spaces were spacious and had nice carpets, etc. I had one family member stay there for a short period (about six months) and she liked it. There are constant activities and different things for the old folks to do. For instance, they would play poker, board games, watch television and even listen to a pianist. Some of the guests were upset about their circumstances, but I'm pretty sure that it didn't have anything to do with the facility per se, and everything to do with their family situation. The workers all appeared to be happy and most of the "guests" seemed happy to be able to talk to different people and interact with others.

Photos of Morningside of Evans

Features of Morningside of Evans

• Diabetic
  • Low Fat
  • Low Salt
  • Renal
  • Vegetarian

About Morningside of Evans

Morningside of Evans offers compassionate senior care in Evans , GA. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Morningside of Evans shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Evans, GA.

Map of Morningside of Evans