Brookdale Derby

1709 East Walnut Grove Rd., Derby, KS, 67037

Reviews of Brookdale Derby

Derby April 08, 2013

I walked into this wonderful facility over 7 years ago; having a situation with my Mother that was urgent as well as quite emortional. From the minute we came in contact with the wonderful staff and facility as Derby Sterling House, we were provided the care, love and compassion which all seek for their aging parents. My Mother was a precious part of all of us and lived at this facility in comfort and with all the necessary care and love at her disposal for the last five (5) years of her life, breathing her last breath in the companionship and what became her home at Sterling House. I cannot begin to elaborate what Sterling House provided for my Mother and our entire family. It was truly an answer to our prayers the day we selected Derby Sterling House to assist our dear Mother in having a quality of life and respect she deserved in her waning year. Thank you.

caring1007 March 20, 2013

The Sterling House is a smaller facility. The staff were very nice and everything. It was all good. The cost is what scared me away. It seems they have a lot of activities. My mother would be happy there, but it wouldn't last long because of the cost. It's just a matter of finances on my part in terms of it not being suitable, that was really all there was. But I would recommend this facility to others. It looked like a nice place.

wachinout4u December 20, 2011

This is a small assisted living facility in rural Derby. It is set back away from the highway, but easily accessible. Close to shopping, pharmacy, restaurants and doctors. More intimate environment which is good to encourage socialization. Part of the Brookdale Senior Living group, Sterling House offers the standards in assisted living residential care. Food is good and staff is friendly and helpful. I have seen this particular facility go above and beyond to care for their residents. Drawback as with any stand alone assisted living facility is that if needs grow beyond the scope of assisted living, another move will be required.

From Brookdale Derby

Brookdale Derby provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Derby