Grand Villa of Delray West

5859 Heritage Park Way, Delray Beach, FL, 33484

Reviews of Grand Villa of Delray West

October 04, 2016

By Lisa228734

Grand Villa is really beautiful and clean. They really take good care of my mom. They have two pools, and it’s lovely. The food is good; I eat there a lot. The staff was really conscientious, very nice, and helpful. The other residents were very lovely. They have a bingo room, religious services, and big TVs.

July 30, 2016

By PSD

I toured this facility for my father who has dementia. I wish I had known about it before, when we were looking for independent or minor assisted because it has everything you may be looking for in those instances. The staff is wonderful, the rooms are lovely and full of light. The amenities and location are great too. I had to go with another place only because he needs hands on help now. Tour it. You will love it!

May 11, 2016

By LaurenRLPNX

Everything about Grand Villa is great. The staff is great and very attentive to my mother. The activities are good, and it’s a clean facility.

March 04, 2016

By AnnaMaria Consuelo

Over the last year the place has gone a bit downhill. The food portions are notably smaller, and the dining staff service has really gone downhill in terms of respect shown to residents and serving food in a timely manner. Often times scheduled events are cancelled and the staff is either absent or in a state of confusion as to what to do. The reception desk help don't want to bother to look into issues and will literally ignore you and not help you. Fees have been tacked on to everything and you are no longer allowed to take even a banana up to your apartment. We are hoping for a change in management very soon so these issues will be addressed!

I’m sorry you feel the way you do concerning our community. The portions are in place based on what the Residents would like and our registered dietician’s guidelines. For the few that want larger portions we are happy to provide an extra portion or seconds, if desired. Our commitment to the residents is to provide three meals a day in our dining room. To avoid waste, we discourage “doggie bags” however we will deliver meals to Residents who are too Ill to come to Dinner. I encourage you to reach out to me at your convenience to discuss specifics. My door stays open. Warm Regards, Bob McAdams, Executive Director.

June 14, 2015

My husband is in Grand Villa of Delray West for two months now. The CNAs are not consistent in taking care of patients. They need time off, and they substitute other people who don't know or don't really get to know your family member. There is so much rotation involved. The CNAs are mostly from Haiti, they speak Creole, and more often than not, they speak Creole to each other while they're taking care of somebody. They do speak English, but it becomes difficult if something is going on and you're really not totally aware of it. They do have a program in the morning like stretch exercises, and they have two pools. It's a lovely area visually, and it is very well taken care of. The amenities are very nice, and the food is very nice. They keep the place clean. They are responsive. They do laundry for the residents. They have people come for entertainment, and they have bingo. I find that they may not act on (my concern), but the people in charge make themselves available to you, and they listen. There is a resident and family counseling once a month.

October 04, 2014

By flora1234

Other

My mother lives here and I can't wait to get her out. We have so many issues, especially with nursing, and no one seems to care. When I go and see the Executive Director, he isn't around. I leave messages and he doesn't call. We are very frustrated to the point we called the state agency to intervene. It's a beautiful place, but the care and responsiveness is not there.

September 17, 2014

Grand Villa was for my mother. It was very nice. The staff as well as the dining area was nice too. The rooms were nice and redone. They were busy when we were there.

July 31, 2014

Grand Villa is a very new facility and it's very clean, but the food as well as the service in the dining room was not good. The rooms were fine, but because of the fact that I was only there for a few months they provided furniture and I had to pay them an extra $500 a month. The furniture that they put in was, I think, things from people who had died and left the furniture there. The room was adequate, but it wasn’t like what we had been shown as a model apartment. The staff was not unfriendly. They listen to you, but they don’t pay any attention to what you are telling them. They also give very low entertains to people. They show movies that are 60 years old movies. It was very difficult to get any transportation from them. They took the residents to very few places. If I had a doctor's appointment, I couldn’t make an arrangement through them because they always have some problem. I had to hire my own driver.

July 07, 2014

By Seymore2

I am residing at Grand Villa and I am very impressed with this place. The location is excellent. It is located in a beautiful area. At present, it is in the process of complete renovation. They have completely renovated a separate building for memory and Alzheimer's care and they did an excellent job. They are now renovating the main building. One side will be for assisted living and the other side will be for independent living. I am in the independent living area and I have been here a year and a half. The staff is excellent. The administrator is very experienced and cooperative. The one who represents the residents to the management is wonderful. The only difficulty now for the residents is that since they are under construction, they closed off sections that they are renovating so the residents don't have the use of all the facilities. The theater area is close for renovation. The large card room, which they are turning to a clubroom is also close for renovation. However, when it is done, it will be beautiful. I am the president of the residents' council and we are very active. They have a very experienced activity director. We have musical shows and lectures twice a week. We have religious services, which are well attended every Friday. We have transportation. It has two dining rooms nicely set up and beautifully run. They have a wonderful chef and we have three full meals, which are very good. They menus are very nice with specials and many other food choices.

April 22, 2014

By Michael47

I have already placed my parents at Grand Villa of Delray West. A friend of my parents recommended it to me. It's brand new. It has only been around a year or so, so it is in great shape. My parents have been there for close to a month, and they're just getting used to it. They are in a one-bedroom, and it is very nice. They also say that they don't spend very much time in their apartment, and they spend it out doing different activities in the building, which is what I wanted. There are all kinds of activities going on there. My parents seem to be participating in them and meeting new people. So far, my parents seem to be happy with the staff there. There is a nurse on duty, and everything is taken care of for them. However, on the weekends, there is not as many staff there.

March 30, 2014

By Happy as a Clam

Great place! The residents are happy, the staff is friendly, the place is beautiful, the food is great, the activities are entertaining, and the care is respectful. What more can you ask for.

February 28, 2014

The director of Grand Villa was very accommodating. The rooms looked really nice and spacious. They seem like they have all the facilities that we needed for my mom to get around. We did try the food and we liked it a lot. It's good quality. Mom's very picky about food, but she was really pleased. It seemed like they had almost everything that you could think of. They had a schedule of activities, a whole bunch of different things like live entertainment once a week. That was nice. I like the fact that my mom liked it. She feels comfortable with everything. She said that people were friendly. They say hello and greet her. They were very nice and professional.

February 18, 2014

By AlanRoy

Recently took a tour of your facility and was extremely imperessed with the decor ,the warmth of the staff,the amenities for the residents . The residents seem to genuinely enjoy there lives at the Grand Villla. I was fortunate to meet the exectutive director who made me feel cmfortable in placing my father in your facilty.You are very lucky to have her.She is the reason I will choose your facilty over many others.Your rates are extremely reasonable

December 30, 2013

By Seymore1

I am residing at Grand Villa and I am very impressed with this place. The location is excellent. It is located in a beautiful area. At present, it is in the process of complete renovation. They have completely renovated a separate building for memory and Alzheimer's care and they did an excellent job. They are now renovating the main building. One side will be for assisted living and the other side will be for independent living. I am in the independent living area and I have been here a year and a half. The staff is excellent. The administrator is very experienced and cooperative. The one who represents the residents to the management is wonderful. The only difficulty now for the residents is that since they are under construction, they closed off sections that they are renovating so the residents don't have the use of all the facilities. The theater area is closed for renovation. The large card room, which they are turning to a clubroom is also closed for renovation. However, when it is done, it will be beautiful. I am the president of the residents' council and we are very active. They have a very experienced activity director. We have musical shows and lectures twice a week. We have religious services, which are well attended every Friday. We have transportation. It has two dining rooms nicely set up and beautifully run. They have a wonderful chef and we have three full meals, which are very good. They menus are very nice with specials and many other food choices.

August 01, 2013

By Lorrie1

My husband will be moving to Grand Villa of Delray West. They already have an independent and assisted care facilities that are open, but they will opening a new place for the memory care and that's what we are waiting. Their price is fairly reasonable. They have put in motion detectors in every room. So that the nurses and aids know that the patients are getting up and going to the bathroom and when they do, a light lights up so they can see into the bathroom. I recommend it to others.

July 24, 2013

By Barbara A.

We stayed at Grand Villa of Delray West for a few days. We liked the restaurant the most and the food was great too. The place was very clean and very nice. They had good activities for the residents. We loved the place and I had nothing negative to say about them.

Photos of Grand Villa of Delray West

Services & Amenities of Grand Villa of Delray West

• Minimum Memory Cost: $4125/month
  • Fee Structure Extra: $2500 Community One Time Entry Fee Extra $100 A Month For Al/Mc For Med Management Pet Fee Is Non Refundable Deposit Of $250 (Only Accepts Dogs Under 20 Lbs)

About Grand Villa of Delray West

Grand Villa offers a full range of lifestyle options, including independent living, assisted living, and memory care. allowing residents to only pay for the services they need. Our all-inclusive monthly rate covers fine dining, housekeeping, and much more.

Residents live in comfortable, well-appointed apartments that range in size from large studios to spacious two bedrooms. We offer private residences as well as companion apartments.

Our goal at Grand Villa is to provide an enriching experience for every resident. Our mission is to champion good health, safety and fun so every resident has the best lifestyle possible. Our commitment is to respect privacy, preserve dignity, and encourage independence in a comfortable and caring environment.

Our resort-style community encourages residents to relax and enjoy the many social and recreational activities we offer. Our Activities Coordinator makes sure our calendar is full of a wide variety of parties, classes, lectures, and excursions. Some of our most popular options include yoga, Bingo tournaments, and painting classes.

Delray Beach is a first-class resort destination and a diverse, vibrant, community situated on the Atlantic Ocean between Boca Raton and West Palm Beach. A small and intimate town with big city sophistication, Delray Beach is 30-45 minutes from Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale International Airports, and only an hour north of Miami.

Map of Grand Villa of Delray West