Brookdale Stock Ranch Road

7418 Stock Ranch Road, Citrus Heights, CA, 95621

Reviews of Brookdale Stock Ranch Road

February 17, 2015

By John103411950

We looked at several places for my father, and we have narrowed it down to Emeritus at Citrus Gardens, which is now Brookdale at Citrus Gardens. It was a nice facility, and from what I have observed, everything seemed very good. The food was very nice, and the staff was very accommodating. They didn't have any negative ratings against them when you do some independent research. There was no health warning or anything from the State or the county.

January 29, 2015

By Jan46

I loved Emeritus at Citrus Gardens and would have taken it in a minute if I were ready and if they had an opening. One of the things I liked was their open dining. It's not regimented wherein you can sit where you want and eat when you want. It is wonderful. I have eaten there before, and the food is good. It's just a cheerful, bright, and clean place. I have looked at the one-bedroom, and it has a very nice size. It had a living room, bedroom, and kitchen. The bathroom is wonderful, and I wish I had their shower. They have a lot of activities. I had a friend that lived there and whenever I went to see her she was out somewhere. They have a shuttle bus that takes people here and there and everywhere. Two days a week, they take people to doctor's appointments. They have a button in the apartment which the residents have to press in the morning so that everybody knows you are OK. If the button doesn't get pressed, they come and see you.

September 17, 2014

By Jeanette14

My parents have lived at the Emeritus at Citrus Heights for eight years, and the care has been crazy. The food there is horrible. I mean, absolutely horrible. I ate there last week, for example, and I had the most tasteless dinner. They boiled the meat, put it over white rice, and put gravy on top of it, and that was what they served. Their menu is limited. When my parents first moved in there, they were ambulatory and would eat out over three nights a week because the food menu was so horrible. The care has gone way down. They messed up my mom's medication once, and that really screwed her up. They took her off one medication that she should not have been taken off, but they did. They got it wrong and it was their fault, and so it caused a lot of trouble. And, I realized we pay extra to have the security monitor for her to come within the film when they need to transfer her from her wheelchair to go to the bathroom or move from one wheelchair to the other wheelchair. They don't bring enough people to do it; it is kind of a real hassle doing that. It takes them sometimes 45 minutes and no less than 15 to 25 minutes. Last month, she fell four or five times in the middle of the night because she had to go to the bathroom. I go and pick her up on Sundays and take her to church, and I call about every other Sunday and say, "Send housekeeping up here to clean the apartment." It is dirty; it is filthy. I have nothing good to say about this place. I would not recommend it. My mom is in a wheelchair and my step-dad uses a cane. So, can he get around with the cane? Yes, but the unit is really small for the wheelchair. It's really not made wheelchair-accessible. They do offer a lot of different things for the residents, and that part, where they have people coming in and the things that they do, really are not bad. My mother does not participate in those, mostly because after her stroke she is very self-conscious about going out in public. The maintenance crew that is supposed to keep the apartment clean, does not. Eight years, and they haven't changed their carpets. They only have one person on the floor, and, there being 20 to a 120 people that they have to take care of, you can't have the care you expect them to give in a timely manner.

June 17, 2014

Pretty much all of the activities that go on at Emeritus at Citrus Gardens are on the first floor. They have 100 plus apartments and they are in the second and third floor. This community is relatively newer and brighter. They offer independent and assisted living and it is in good location near medical hospital and doctors. We had a good and positive feeling about it. The staff was friendly and attentive but right now it is just based on a couple of visits we had. We looked at their calendar of activities and it appeared that it is an active community. We also looked at their studios and I would say they were a good size, not huge, but they're appropriate.

June 11, 2014

Emeritus is nice. It looks good, it looks clean. It seems like a nice place. The cost was a little bit higher. They didn't have balconies on the rooms for their assisted living, and I wanted a balcony. It did seem a very clean place.

May 29, 2014

By Janene1

At Emeritus at Citrus Heights, the people were very nice, very friendly, and accommodating. The staff's work ethics were great! There were a lot of people around at that time, and they did have a board list of activities that were going on. The apartments, though, were tiny and old, but the dining room looked nice.

May 09, 2014

We made a quick tour at Emeritus. I was very happy with the visit. The staff and the service are fine. I thought the rooms were very nice; they have both private rooms and shared rooms. They have bathrooms. The dining area was very attractive. It was very clean. I was pleased with the ambience.

April 26, 2014

I visited Emeritus, and I liked the coordinator. She was very tactful and realistic. The facility seemed to be very clean. The rooms were very nice. It had a small kitchen and a bathroom. The staff seemed to be most helpful, and the residents seemed to be well taken care of.

October 26, 2013

By Rhapsuedee

I chose this facility because of the happy positive nature of all of the staff and residents. I love all the activities and all the delightfully decorated sitting areas. It is a very warm caring community.

June 25, 2013

By La Verna

I had a friend whose mother had been to Merrill Gardens so they recommended it. The location was closer to where my friend lives which would be a consideration. Again it was very nice but the residents were older and in fact the lady there told me I wasn't ready for it which I was not. She was indicating that their residents were sort of older and needed more care and not quite as active.

Photos of Brookdale Stock Ranch Road

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: License #347005334

About Brookdale Stock Ranch Road

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

We have a wonderful active, independent/assisted community that was newly remodeled in 2013. We offer anytime dining and a full activity calendar. We are centrally located near shopping and local hospitals and parks.

Map of Brookdale Stock Ranch Road