Brookdale Stock Ranch Road

7418 Stock Ranch Road, Citrus Heights, CA, 95621

Reviews of Brookdale Stock Ranch Road

September 13, 2015

By Pam112585050

We really like Brookdale Stock Ranch Road. It is a wonderful place. The people are very friendly and caring from the minute you walk in the door to the people who serve you in the lunch room or at dinner time in the restaurant. All of the staff has just gone out of their way to be friendly and helpful. The place is just clean, and it is very lively -- lots of activities -- and my mother-in-law now goes to the exercise class three days a week, has played Bridge, just gone on walks, and met lots of friends. It has just been a very positive experience. The studio apartment is a wonderful size, it even has its own kitchen, and she loves it. They have anything you'd want from movie nights to lots of music. They bring in entertainers all the time to sing or do various kinds of sing-along, and there are even church services if you don't want to go out. They had a day where they had flamenco dancers in, and she had a fan and flowers in her hair. She has already gone to the beauty parlor there. They have a really nice beauty salon, and the prices are comparable with just going to the one that I go to. She has been just very happy with everything. She can do her own laundry if she wants, but they provide free laundry as part of the housing laundry service for all of your linens and towels, and they bring them back all nice and clean. Then, they clean the apartment once a week. Everything is there that she wants. The restaurant-style food is really nice because you got lots of choices, you don't have to show up at 5 o'clock or 6 o'clock, you've got extended dinner time and lunch time, and she's made lots of friends already. Like I asked her what time she was eating, and she told me that she now eats at 6 o'clock because she has met friends that want her to eat with them even though she was eating a little later before that. So it's just been great; it worked out very well.

May 28, 2015

Brookdale Stock Ranch Road (Formerly Emeritus at Citrus Gardens and Formerly Merrill Gardens) looks clean, but there is not much activity for the people there. The residents are just wandering around, doing nothing, which is not good. When I went there the first time, there was somebody in a room playing lotto. Her room is not that big, which fits only a queen sized bed, a night table, and a resting chair. It has a small bathroom, and the lighting is OK. They have to have activities scheduled everyday and offer field trips or take them for a ride because my friend was desperate to get out of there.

We are sorry to hear you feel there are not enough activities for the residents. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss your concerns with you personally and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

May 05, 2015

By Chris106584350

Mom is in Brookdale Stock Ranch. We choose it because my mother loves it there. She really likes the atmosphere and what the area looks like. She even decided to take a small apartment because of the cost rather than go someplace else because she really enjoys being there very much. She is a first impression kind of person, and she has a nice warm feeling as she walks in. She really enjoys the spaciousness of the common areas. She likes the meals there. The cost plus being able to move to a secure place she needs to all in one location is a plus, and it is a familiar area to her. It is not too far from her friends to visit. All of those are the considerations, but the important thing is that she is very at home there, and she smiles a lot when she is there. The staff is very nice. The food is good and cooks to her liking. She likes the fact that she can eat anytime that she wants to. It is not structured, and to her that is important too. Me, personally, I like that there is a nurse on staff.

February 17, 2015

By John103411950

We looked at several places for my father, and we have narrowed it down to Emeritus at Citrus Gardens, which is now Brookdale at Citrus Gardens. It was a nice facility, and from what I have observed, everything seemed very good. The food was very nice, and the staff was very accommodating. They didn't have any negative ratings against them when you do some independent research. There was no health warning or anything from the State or the county.

January 29, 2015

By Jan46

I loved Emeritus at Citrus Gardens and would have taken it in a minute if I were ready and if they had an opening. One of the things I liked was their open dining. It's not regimented wherein you can sit where you want and eat when you want. It is wonderful. I have eaten there before, and the food is good. It's just a cheerful, bright, and clean place. I have looked at the one-bedroom, and it has a very nice size. It had a living room, bedroom, and kitchen. The bathroom is wonderful, and I wish I had their shower. They have a lot of activities. I had a friend that lived there and whenever I went to see her she was out somewhere. They have a shuttle bus that takes people here and there and everywhere. Two days a week, they take people to doctor's appointments. They have a button in the apartment which the residents have to press in the morning so that everybody knows you are OK. If the button doesn't get pressed, they come and see you.

September 17, 2014

By Jeanette14

My parents have lived at the Emeritus at Citrus Heights for eight years, and the care has been crazy. The food there is horrible. I mean, absolutely horrible. I ate there last week, for example, and I had the most tasteless dinner. They boiled the meat, put it over white rice, and put gravy on top of it, and that was what they served. Their menu is limited. When my parents first moved in there, they were ambulatory and would eat out over three nights a week because the food menu was so horrible. The care has gone way down. They messed up my mom's medication once, and that really screwed her up. They took her off one medication that she should not have been taken off, but they did. They got it wrong and it was their fault, and so it caused a lot of trouble. And, I realized we pay extra to have the security monitor for her to come within the film when they need to transfer her from her wheelchair to go to the bathroom or move from one wheelchair to the other wheelchair. They don't bring enough people to do it; it is kind of a real hassle doing that. It takes them sometimes 45 minutes and no less than 15 to 25 minutes. Last month, she fell four or five times in the middle of the night because she had to go to the bathroom. I go and pick her up on Sundays and take her to church, and I call about every other Sunday and say, "Send housekeeping up here to clean the apartment." It is dirty; it is filthy. I have nothing good to say about this place. I would not recommend it. My mom is in a wheelchair and my step-dad uses a cane. So, can he get around with the cane? Yes, but the unit is really small for the wheelchair. It's really not made wheelchair-accessible. They do offer a lot of different things for the residents, and that part, where they have people coming in and the things that they do, really are not bad. My mother does not participate in those, mostly because after her stroke she is very self-conscious about going out in public. The maintenance crew that is supposed to keep the apartment clean, does not. Eight years, and they haven't changed their carpets. They only have one person on the floor, and, there being 20 to a 120 people that they have to take care of, you can't have the care you expect them to give in a timely manner.

June 17, 2014

Pretty much all of the activities that go on at Emeritus at Citrus Gardens are on the first floor. They have 100 plus apartments and they are in the second and third floor. This community is relatively newer and brighter. They offer independent and assisted living and it is in good location near medical hospital and doctors. We had a good and positive feeling about it. The staff was friendly and attentive but right now it is just based on a couple of visits we had. We looked at their calendar of activities and it appeared that it is an active community. We also looked at their studios and I would say they were a good size, not huge, but they're appropriate.

June 11, 2014

Emeritus is nice. It looks good, it looks clean. It seems like a nice place. The cost was a little bit higher. They didn't have balconies on the rooms for their assisted living, and I wanted a balcony. It did seem a very clean place.

May 29, 2014

By Janene1

At Emeritus at Citrus Heights, the people were very nice, very friendly, and accommodating. The staff's work ethics were great! There were a lot of people around at that time, and they did have a board list of activities that were going on. The apartments, though, were tiny and old, but the dining room looked nice.

May 09, 2014

We made a quick tour at Emeritus. I was very happy with the visit. The staff and the service are fine. I thought the rooms were very nice; they have both private rooms and shared rooms. They have bathrooms. The dining area was very attractive. It was very clean. I was pleased with the ambience.

April 26, 2014

I visited Emeritus, and I liked the coordinator. She was very tactful and realistic. The facility seemed to be very clean. The rooms were very nice. It had a small kitchen and a bathroom. The staff seemed to be most helpful, and the residents seemed to be well taken care of.

October 26, 2013

By Rhapsuedee

I chose this facility because of the happy positive nature of all of the staff and residents. I love all the activities and all the delightfully decorated sitting areas. It is a very warm caring community.

June 25, 2013

By La Verna

I had a friend whose mother had been to Merrill Gardens so they recommended it. The location was closer to where my friend lives which would be a consideration. Again it was very nice but the residents were older and in fact the lady there told me I wasn't ready for it which I was not. She was indicating that their residents were sort of older and needed more care and not quite as active.

Photos of Brookdale Stock Ranch Road

• Home Sale Assistance

• Licenses: License #347005334

About Brookdale Stock Ranch Road

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

We have a wonderful active, independent/assisted community that was newly remodeled in 2013. We offer anytime dining and a full activity calendar. We are centrally located near shopping and local hospitals and parks.

Map of Brookdale Stock Ranch Road