Horizon Bay Lake Orienta

217 Boston Avenue, Altamonte Springs, FL, 32701

Reviews of Horizon Bay Lake Orienta

DE June 01, 2015

I wasn't that impressed with Horizon Bay Lake Orienta. The sales person I saw was professional, but I didn't see a lot of staff there. The place was a little bit shabby. I saw the memory care section, and it was kind of dirty.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are committed to continuous quality service and care and will share your feedback with our management team.

Nancy111191150 May 21, 2015

My mother-in-law has lived in Horizon Bay Lake Orienta for a number of years. The place changed their name three times in fourteen years. It’s very nice and they keep it up nicely. We like the nice view that overlooks the lake. My mother-in-law picked this place because it’s close to her daughter. Even if she's 98 years old, she’s pretty sufficient, can shower and dress herself. Someone would come in and does the cleaning. She doesn’t really use the kitchen, but she comes down to have her meals. She has a small refrigerator and a microwave, twin bed, and has three dressers. It’s not a really big room, but all the bathrooms are big with a walk in shower and a little bench thing where they can sit. They don’t have to step over anything; they just walk right in. The bathroom is big enough for a wheel chair.

I’m not fond of the food. We take her out to eat. The staff is very nice, very conscientious, and they keep track of people. They have lots of activities, but she’s getting older, so she doesn’t do as much as she used to. She goes to therapy for her hands and her feet because she has a lot of neuropathy. They do have arts and crafts, but she doesn’t do those; she used to do them. She has a group of ladies that play different games, like cards and bridge. They go to the swimming pool at times, but there are not enough people so they give up the exercise classes. They have Pilates and outings too. They have set dates, and you can sign up to go to plays, grocery stores, and luncheons. They have a nice big library for reading and stuff, a lot of different crafts areas, and a pool table which my husband and I usually play. I would rate them pretty highly because the people seemed pretty happy there.

Gary37 August 01, 2014

Horizon Bay was a nice environment. The facility was clean; the staff was friendly and very professional. Everything was in pretty good shape. The layout of the facility and the rooms were nice.

Cathy90540450 July 31, 2014

The rooms at Horizon Bay Lake Orienta were wonderful, but the only thing my mother didn’t like is they had their air-conditioning and heating unit in the inside of the room. It didn’t look bad, it looked perfectly new, but it took up space in the apartment. There's plenty to do for the residents. They play cards and they watch movies. They also have activities were they go to ballet or Broadway shows.

Caring74589050 June 28, 2014

Horizon Bay seemed very nice. It was very homey, warm, and comfortable. I think this was due to the staff. The apartments were nice, too. They had one- or two-bedrooms, or a bedroom with a small kitchenette. Everything was lovely except for the people I saw there. They were more advanced than I am because they were just sitting, staring, and with walkers. I’m not ready for that yet.

Elizabeth33 March 27, 2014

Horizon Bay Lake Orienta is a very clean facility, and even if it was located in a busier street, it was still relatively quiet. The place is beautiful, and the people are nice. The inside of the facility is very nice too. It’s a wonderful facility.

Caring77378950 January 31, 2014

Horizon Bay Lake Orienta appeared to be a fairly new facility. It's very nice and very clean. The staff was friendly, but the other residents seemed not that friendly. The room was nice. My sister really wanted two beds and I don’t think they have it. We ate there and I thought the food was very good.

Caring73577650 November 24, 2013

Horizon Bay was nice. It was very appealing. It was well-maintained and friendly. They do have gardens outside. It was a little different than most of the other facilities I visited. I would recommend this one but I would also tell them that they need to visit more than one place.

Wilhelmina November 20, 2013

The facility, Horizon Bay on Boston Avenue is new, impressive and gorgeous. Their rooms are gorgeous. However, as far as I'm concerned, having not lived there, I don't know what the work staff is like. During my visit though, they were a little bit formal. They did have exercise rooms and they did say that they have a person there that guided things but I didn't see them.

Christine3 June 29, 2012

My mother used to be a resident of Horizon Bay. It's a clean and organized facility but I had to move her from there because she already reached to point that she needed more care. It wasn't their fault that they couldn't give what she needed. She's a fall risk. The staff were attentive but they just have more residents there. The girls tried the best they could but they had way more people to attend to. They have a hundred residents and I wanted a small population so that my mother can be seen right away. She was in a private room and my concern was they couldn't see when she was moving around and she would fall often.

commercesd April 17, 2012

Knowing that we would be in the Orlando area, we decided to make an appointment to see Horizon Bay Lake Orienta. We've always liked that area - and my friend's mother also liked it. We were researching possible places for her to live.

We really liked how well the staff was prepared for our visit. They had taken the time to find out about my friend's mother and the things she likes.

We were shown all of the common areas, all of which were really nice. There were plenty of scheduled and non-scheduled activities to choose from.

The grounds were all well manicured - with plenty of areas for residents to enjoy. Even though it was raining, we could see that it would be a great place to spend time.

The snacks offered included everything from specially designed and prepared baked goods (geared toward health) to fruits, vegetables and delicious puddings. Despite the fact that they were made to be healthy, they all tasted really good.

The dining room was really lovely - as were all the adjacent communal areas. The guest lunch meal that we had was really great.

Seniors can use the exercise room at any time and also go on daily walks. Aerobics and yoga classes are also offered.

The residents go on trips to visit the many Orlando entertainment venues like art galleries and museums, casual and fine restaurants and to enjoy the many cultural events offered.

We could see that the residents are treated with care, kindness and respect at all times.

From Horizon Bay Lake Orienta

Horizon Bay Lake Orienta provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Altamonte Springs, FL community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at Horizon Bay Lake Orienta can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life® and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life® is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life®, the mission of Horizon Bay Lake Orienta is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Altamonte Springs, FL community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Features of Horizon Bay Lake Orienta

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Pool
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 9795